Trailer Trash

Snowy Saturdailies (Read 35 times)

Once again the pooch and I made the first tracks in the new snow.  It was a delightful calm 24 F morning.

QOTD: Pass

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning all!  I feel like the flu is finally starting to be shaken (got a light strength training in last night), enough so I'm going to give a snowshoe run a try this morning

qotd: do you take vitamins?  none, some or a ton? Smile  I try to eat pretty healthy varied diet but still take a multiple, glucosamine/chondroitin and a fish oil tablet- also a 81 mg aspirin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Planning on a longer run after yesterday's URD. We got some fresh snow last night, and it is all powdery and dry, with large flakes that glittered in the light of the full moon, almost like artificial snow. It looked magical, and all I wanted was to go for a night run. But, I'll have to get a better headlamp for that.

TT: Nice morning run!

warden: Have fun snowshoeing!

QOTD: No. Never have. I take glucosamine and fish oil for my joints, as I have a tendency to get flareups of joint pain every now and then, and this helps. Otherwise, I rely on my healthy diet and knowing that in the Western World, hardly anyone sufferes from any vitamin deficiencies any more, unless they have specific health issues. Studies have shown that taking multi-vitamins or certain other vitamins (e.g. E) may actually shorten your lifespan, so I feel safe doing it my way.

Have a fun weekend! Anyone racing?

Run for fun.

Scrapster

Morning, Trailers!

TT:  Love me some firsties.  Smile

warden:  Have fun with the snowshoeing.  Feel better.  Smile

FYC:  Sounds lovely!

No idea what today has in store.  I've got a shit ton of chores and billable hours to tackle today, but I've been threatened with an evening run before date night.  We'll see how the day plays out.

QOTD:  Yes, I am a veritable alphabet soup.  I am on DMV, B12, C, D, E, Fe (x2), and K (x2).  Fe is increased to 3 when..., and K is increased in warmer months, or if I am doing a lot of indoor workouts.  I am on nutritionist #3, so hopefully we can find a diet that keeps blood counts in line.  :fingerscrossed:

Have a great day, everyone.  Smile

Occasional Runner

Snowy? Not here in Puerto Rico! It's 84 and sunny today!

QOTD: Yep! I take a GNC multi and a Hammer multi every day. Your diet has to be flawless if you hope to get all the nutrients you need and it's even harder for endurance athletes. Those daily recommended values don't account for a massive amount of physical activity. They apply to the average person.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

8.5 miles on hilly trails with 1-1/2 inches of fresh snow. 15*F, but no wind and cheerful sunshine made it feel warmer than that. The snow this morning had the biggest crystals I've ever seen, some of the hexagons were more than 1/8" across. Ran the first 4 with about 11 other HATRs. Then after the group photo three of us headed out for 4.5 more. For traction I was wearing screw shoes, which worked quite well. I had brought my drill and a box of screws in case anyone else wanted to make them. No takers. Lots of animal tracks to see, including a single set of tracks that just started in the middle of the trail in a small area of disturbed snow, as if something fell out of a tree onto the trail, then ran away.

QOTD:  Fish oil, glucosamine, vitamin C, and a multivitamin.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Sandy-2

Not too snowy around here today, I think we're going to be in the upper 70's.

Did a very very easy 8 miles this morning, everything feels good with the ankle.  Just have to resist doing too much because the NSAID I'm on will mask any pain.

In case you missed the late news yesterday, my DD was invited to represent the USA, all expenses paid, at a 100 mile horse race in Abu Dhabi in 3 weeks from now.  She'll be riding a friend's horse and here they are in a glam-shot I took of them that she has to send in for an internet article.  Very exciting.

qotd: I take a multi-vitamin and nothing else.

tbd.

Today I ran my first road half-marathon, sort of. It was an out and back and I took a wrong turn on the way back. Eventually ran into some runners who seemed to know where they were going and fell in with them. And even after looking at the course map I have no idea if I cut the course or lengthened it. Fortunately it was a really low key race -- no awards or anything -- and the race director seemed totally unconcerned about my maybe cutting the course a little short. It bothers me though. If, or should I say when it happens again, I'm going to go back to where I were I went wrong. At least that way I'll know I completed the entire course.

I also should have carried water. I was planning on it, then found out there would be water at miles 2, 4, and the turn around but didn't realize it would be self-serve. Stopping to fill a cup with water then drink it (garbage cans were right next to the water) broke me out of my zone.

It was a really nice, rolling course, with lots of twists and turns to keep thing interesting. And I accomplished what I set out to do: take it easy for the first 4 miles then start pushing the pace a bit and stay strong until the finish without over doing it. I'm looking forward to really racing a half sometime in the future. It's a fun distance.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Daydreamer1

I worked late last night and so did DW. So we didn't get to bed until almost 2 and then slept in until 9:30. Spent the rest of the morning shoveling the white fluffy stuff off of the driveways. I had a 10 miler planned but since I'm not feeling very well I almost bagged it. Finally decided to go out and see how I felt. I ended up with 6.3 miles slipping, sliding, slopping, with a little running mixed in, through the snow. Actually felt pretty good while I was out there. Now I feel like crap again.

QOTD: The amount of pills I take on an average evening could put a nursing home pt to shame. Fortunately only one of them is a prescription drug and none are really vitamins. 1 Lipitor, 1 Niacin, 3 Fibers, 1-2 Garlic, 1 Glucosamine/Chrondrotin, 1 L-Lysine, 1 Fish oil, occasionally some calcium and vit-D if I've been sweating a lot, not getting sun or not drinking much milk.

Birdwell

Afternoon Folks! Today was 5 miles of wet sand, followed by 2.5 miles in water, followed by 6.5 in sticky mud, ending with another 6 in wet sticky sand. Total around 20 or so. Constant downpour for the duration of the run.

I decided I hate mud. At one point on the trail, I have over two inches of mud stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

In other news, I have made peace with my cascadia 7's. I just have to coat half my foot in Bag Balm before I put them on. I am willing to live with that.

QOTD: I've recently started taking glucosamine and fish oil. I can't decide if they're making any difference.

Hi Trailers!  Just got back from 12 miles on the trails.  Was supposed to be an easy run but I still have a bit of a chest cold so I was sucking wind for much of it.  Hopefully I'll be able to shake this by next Saturday.

qotd: Although I forget to take 'em daily, I do take a multivitamin, as well as Vitamin D.

QOTD: A multi vitamin and move free.  I am not a big believer in either and wonder if they are helping me or not, but continue to take them.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Trail Monster

12 in the snow with the Greater Pittsburgh Road Runners' Club (hence the bib). It was a $3 get together timed run for 10 miles and the rest I did on my own.

cedar creek

QOTD: I take a multi daily. I take BCAA on days I lift weights. I take vitamin D on days I run on the treadmill and don't get any sunlight.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

despite not being anywhere near 100%, what a glorious day Big grin  after five straight days of being sick and indoors it was great to get out again!

sunny and warm (40's), snow depth really varied from none to 2' depending on the aspect/exposure of the trail- got a little over 7 miles in

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hi everyone.  We were going to run a memorial run for a ultra couple that was killed over a year and half ago crossing a street.  But change the mind and ran 13 in town (still a trail).  Called an old runner partner to join us and it went slow.  Because there were two of them they out voted me and walked every hill.  Oh well fun with friends anyway.

Wenmt to buy my Casacidia 7 and they have mpved onto 8 and I did not like them..big heel slippage.

TT:  love the fresh snow.

Sandy:  How fing unbelievably cool for your daughter.  Will you be crewing for her?

Birdwell:  We had 1/8 mile of that mud and added a 1/2 pound to each foot.  Couldn't image running far in the shit.

QOTD:  I am too cheap to pay for vitamins and the list Daydreamer listed would make me nauseated.  That is another reason I don't take them.  I am with TT, I don't think they do anything.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄