Trailer Trash

Sunny Fridaly (Read 17 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Did 30 min last night.  OMG I forgot how boring the TM could be.  I'd have gone out on the road but there are hills and I'm limiting that for now.  It's been in the 60's in the mornings and low 80's in the afternoon...wish that would stay.  They got the hay cut yesterday so hoping they bale today so I can turn the horses back out into the pasture.  The paddock is about 1/2 acre or so and plenty of grass but they need to roam.

qotd:  Weekend plans?  I'm going to try for another 30 min Sat and Sun.  Otherwise just chores.  FIL had triple bypass a couple weeks ago and DH is n ow up there since his sister had to fly home.  Just me and the fur boys.

LB2

Another great run this morning. Humidity should be back tomorrow. I am getting accustomed to this dry air; feels like fall.

QOTD: Just running errands today and running tomorrow. I may cut the grass tomorrow, too.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Glad you were able to get on the TM for a while, Diane, even if it was boring!

Hi Jamie!  More deets about the bike, please!

I pulled my rollerblades out of the closet last week and realized my wheels were totally shot.  I have new wheels coming in the mail today, so I'll take them for a spin tonight.  Maybe 10 miles or so?

QOTD:  I'm going climbing outside tomorrow with some folks from the gym.  I'll take any and all "YER GONNA DIE"s or good lucks!  I'm excited.  Might go swimming afterward too, because Wisconsin's good climbing spot is on a nice lake.  It should be a fun day regardless of how terribly I do!

Running is dumb.

dhuffman63

Trails

Good Luck Mandy and have FUN!  If my upper body strength didn't resemble that of a T-Rex I'd be all for the climbing too.  Swimming I'd be all over though.  I love the water.

NorthernHarrier

Gonna be heading over to Blue Mounds for about 10 miles as soon as I can pick up my car from the service garage. It is heating up and getting muggy again so this will be a grind.

QOTD:  I'm going climbing outside tomorrow with some folks from the gym.  I'll take any and all "YER GONNA DIE"s or good lucks!  I'm excited.  Might go swimming afterward too, because Wisconsin's good climbing spot is on a nice lake.  It should be a fun day regardless of how terribly I do!

I'll make a little assumption where you're going. Have fun. I was just over there a couple days ago doing repeats up and down those bluffs. There were so many tourons out I was about to go insane. Those Illinois people sure to bring a shitty attitude and disposition with them.

QOTD--a family get together/dinner tonight and then I'll head up north tomorrow after I mow for about two weeks.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'll make a little assumption where you're going. Have fun. I was just over there a couple days ago doing repeats up and down those bluffs. There were so many tourons out I was about to go insane. Those Illinois people sure to bring a shitty attitude and disposition with them.

Yep, good ol' Devil's Lake, home of the FIBs.  It's the only place to climb with ropes around here anyway.  There's bouldering in Gov Dodge, but these folks want to top rope and I'm just along for the ride!

Enjoy Blue Mounds!  At least there's no bugs there.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Early work day and then heading the Hospital Golf Tournament. We're the reigning Mixed Division Champions, so wish us luck.  Playing with the 2 people who Sue met in Oregon.

Echo in the Canyons was a great movie if you like the 60's music scene. Byrds, Beach Boys, Mommas and Poppas, Cream, Buffalo Springfield, etc.  Bob Dylan's son did the documentary, and did a nice job.

Haha, we used to just call that "Climbing", since no inside climbing when I used to climb.

Happy weekend and good luck to any racers / pacers / recoveries / volunteers / climbers / Bikers / etc.

QOTD: MOve furniture tonight so they can steam clean carpets tomorrow and hopefully get rid of some cat smells in our house. New brewery opens in town and tomorrow they are having an early opening for mug club members.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Good morning!  Back to the kettle bells this morning.  Easy walking and joggity jogs this week then getting serious again next week.  To celebrate Sandy and his 100, I am also eating ALL THE FOOD this week.  

Bert-o, good thoughts and healing vibes from me too.

WC, hope all goes well at your race this weekend!

Mandy, good luck and don't die! (for both the climbing and roller blading).

QOTD: Seeing Hamilton tonight, meeting the running club for a few miles tomorrow, hanging out with my sister and her family who are visiting from ATL, yard work, a few more miles and kettle bells on Sunday, continuing to eat all the food...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

I ran 2 mi last night, wasn't too bad.  But I could tell that if I did too much more I was taking a risk of tweaking something.  Plus the legs felt sluggish, so that was enough.

In honor of Dr J, I also took the bike out for a spin.  Just a little glide around the block to keep moving.  That was much easier on the legs.

I'll probably do the same thing after work tonight.

(By the way, the RR is almost done.)

qotd: Just doing some minor things around the house and washing/vacuuming the cars. We're also going to taste another cake (by far my favorite part of this process so far) and order the winner this weekend.

tbd.

Sandy-2

To celebrate Sandy and his 100, I am also eating ALL THE FOOD this week.  

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy, good luck and don't die! (for both the climbing and roller blading).

Ha, thanks!  I am way more confident in my skating skills than my climbing skills.

Oh dang, soup in a bread bowl!!!  I haven't had that in years and years...it looks good - sign me up!

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

3.2 mile shake out run to get ready for tomorrow's race.

Diane - Glad to see you aren't trying to rush things with running.

Mandy - climbing sounds fun, but I've let my upper body strength go to pot so not sure if Id survive an attempt at it

AT - "Early work day and then heading the Hospital Golf Tournament. We're the reining Mixed Division Champions", so it that like polo, golf on horses.  Maybe Diane or Devan could give you some pointers.

GatsbyBird - thanks, this is yet another supported training run for NC 24.  It's the only way I'm likely to get in my 20+ mile runs.  No expectations beyond getting in 20.  Course is supposed to be flat, but no idea if any of it is shaded.  A bunch of friends will be there who often come up to run D3.

qotd: See above, Endless Summer 6-Hour in Annapolis.  Ongoing I'm taking a larger role as admin in the Running Against Time FB Group.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

Six miles last night up on the local trail. Ran pretty well, but could not break 50 for the loop which is my standard goal. Seems I was doing that quite easily/regularly a few months ago. Oh, well. Effort was good, but my time was more like what I was running early winter. I guess I have some work to do. Saw a small group walking, and they had a kid on a leash. Not a small kid, maybe 4 or 5? I'm sure there is some reason for that. Oh, and my walk with the Lady this morning we saw a neighborhood woman riding her bike with her gsp running along side with some towbar like contraption. The dog was just cruising around right on pace.

QOTD: Driving up to Michigan. Most of the day in the car. Then tour the northern lake Michigan coast on Sunday, Traverse City perhaps, final destination upper peninsula. Doing the picture rocks kayak on Monday. Probably squeeze in some short runs too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Just got back from a nice mountain bike ride. 26.7 mile in 4:22:37 for average of 6.1 MPH .   It was the Rattling Creek trails in northern Dauphin county and this was my first time on these trails. 90% real single track that was built by mountain bikers. Tight, twisty, rooty, rocky Pennsylvania single track.  None of this new age $h!t that is getting built by machine these days. These trails are 19.46 miles from my doorstep as the crow flies.  Thanks to the great Susquehanna river it's 47.6 miles to drive to them .  Didn't even get lost. Had one trail that I couldn't find due to incomplete directions, but I was able to find it from a different angle.

QOTD: It's my weekend to work.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - "Early work day and then heading the Hospital Golf Tournament. We're the reining Mixed Division Champions", so it that like polo, golf on horses.  Maybe Diane or Devan could give you some pointers.

You'll be happy to know the "g" has been added.    Also auto-correct is terrible for homophones (I think that's what they are called) !

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!