Trailer Trash

Memorial Mondailies (Read 20 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

10 slow miles this morning.  Cold dam why’s it still so cold.  But it is suppose to be in 80 next weekend.

No QOTD but an observance in honor of Memorial Day:  Most my life this was just a 3 day weekend and the kick off to summer.  As I get older and maybe grow up a bit I realize how terribly sad this  “holiday” really is.   I still think it’s good to enjoy time with friends and family since those who died in service would want that for themselves.

George:  thanks fir the info on Mike...next year tell me at the begiining.  Or maybe Mike can point it out to us.  Looks like he will be finishing today.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George:  thanks fir the info on Mike...next year tell me at the begiining.  Or maybe Mike can point it out to us.  Looks like he will be finishing today.

Looks like he has one more ridge to climb.  I never thought to look for his destination until I read yesterday's post.  I'll try to remember next year.

Can't decide whether to run today or not.  I'm thinking an afternoon nap sounds better.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

No run today, calling it a taper...

Looks like Warden is between a couple peaks now, heading down towards Hall Lake and then Swan Lake.  All downhill from here, hopefully literally and not figuratively.  Not sure if downhill makes it any easier, though.

WC, thanks for that info about the Bob finish.  I didn't think to look it up, doh.

Queen, gray and chilly here too.  Weird May.  I think there's going to be snow in some areas at Loco next weekend.

DHuff, sorry it was not your day at Possum.

QOTD observance: yes, like many holidays, Memorial Day has been co-opted as a reason to sell stuff, eat and drink a lot, and take a vacation -- none of which has anything to do with the actual day itself.  I'm actually doing some work today (probably why I'm not feeling very holiday-ish).  Grateful to those who made the ultimate sacrifice through their service.  And to their families.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

No run today, calling it a taper...

Looks like Warden is between a couple peaks now, heading down towards Hall Lake and then Swan Lake.  All downhill from here, hopefully literally and not figuratively.  Not sure if downhill makes it any easier, though.

If I'm reading the contour lines right, it does look all flat or downhill to the finish.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I’m with George...all downhill

If I'm reading the contour lines right, it does look all flat or downhill to the finish.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

No time today (and no run).  Feeling pretty good, went to the gym for stretching and a little core stuff, mostly to get my back feeling good.  Then did the hot whirlpool and cold soaking pool.

Now having a family barbecue.  I remember family Memorial Day barbecues as a kid after having marched in the parade and attended speeches and ceremonies in town. Good memories.

dhuff - sorry about the dnf and headache.  You looked good when we saw you.

mt - I know you still out there, but nice job, now finish up the last few miles.

runtrail - Great name, but I think it’s pronounced “Chowdah”.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Looks like Mike is almost  finished.  The map has him crossing Groom Creek.

No Monday LRS group today because of the holiday, so I power walked 5.1 miles in 1:10:44.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Looks like Mike is almost  finished.  The map has him crossing Groom Creek.

No Monday LRS group today because of the holiday, so I power walked 5.1 miles in 1:10:44.

Yep, done!  Nice work, Warden.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

Never logged on this weekend. I did run a nice little muddy 3 miles after daybreak on Monday.

QOTD: Sometimes people equate Memorial Day with Veteran's Day. They are totally different. Memorial Day is to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice. I am a veteran, but I have done nothing that even comes close to what those folks who died did. I never got shot at or had to shoot anyone. Actually, though, when I got called back for Desert Storm, we had a training exercise and some douche bag put a live round in his magazine and shot in our direction. He missed. But I don't really count that.

LB2