Trailer Trash

Impromptu Wedesdailies (Read 22 times)

Sandy-2

Sandy...Tough proposition going into Hardrock having just done another 100! I'm still trying to figure out if October will be too soon for me after this one. While I think I'd be fine, I'm going to wait to see how the race goes. A poor effort might be enough to spur a few months of marathon training again ha.

I say ‘go for it’, how hard can it be?  Sorry, we’re just a bunch of enablers here. 

Yeah, the HR thing was a cluster. In the 3 weeks between the two runs I had spent 2 of then traipsing around China and Japan. Plus my Dad died. How the hell I got 85 miles I’ll never know. That was 4 years ago and I’ve been trying to get back to HR ever since, The Bear is a needed qualifier for my next lottery try so the pressure is on.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

WC...That's awesome - thanks for sharing! There's something about today's running that just lacks the kind of spirit that was obviously present at the race you did. I assume you still have all of your old logs and are able to sift through them? I regret that I don't keep mine on paper anymore. And you didn't say - did the team win??

In one of my many moves I tossed a lot of my old paper logs, most of which were pocket calendars, so I have totals but no details aside from what I recorded in my separate race log.  There were only 4 teams entered, a 10-man team which won, us, a 5-man team and a 2-man team. As expected the finish order was determined by the number of runners on the team, so we finished 2nd with 224 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.