Trailer Trash

Waffling Wednesday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Don't have any hard set plans to run today, but I'll get out.. Probably during swim practice for 4. Thinking about moving to a running pace on the dirt with Chowder, but a little concerned about his bad habits, which are easier to manage running on the paved trail or roads.  If I don't post tomorrow, send the rescue party .  Still doing yoga everyday this month. Like most things, once the habit is there, it gets easier.

qotd: It's the end of january, Any updates on goals or resolutions? Mine was to do a yoga challenge in January to get back in the practice. Now thinking about taking it through the year, in some shape or form. A streak, but for strength and flexibility. And not all yoga, but incorporate other strengthwork (ie pilates, rowing).  Still figuring it out, but since I started a  couple of days late, my 30 yoga days moves a little into February.

AT-runner

Tim

I've MIA for a few days. I've had a few runs, some good, some not so good. Having some Lyme issues, but just deal with them as best I can.

Update from Bert:

"We were scheduled on Friday to get an endoscopy and tracheotomy at NY-Presbyterian with a thoracic surgeon and ENT for the second opinion.  I had been having trouble breathing up to then, but we suspected it was congestion and I managed with meds and changing head position while breathing.  When I went in for the procedure, the doctors found the esophageal stent slipped down and was protruding through the fistula and into the trachea.  They had to do an emergency tracheotomy on the spot because it was very close to completely blocking the airway.  The thoracic surgeon said I took a couple years off his life when he saw what happened I was so close to complete asphyxiation.

In any case, the tracheotomy was completed and I spent a few days recovering in ICU.  Recovery was pretty rough and isn't over yet.  I lost the ability to talk and breathing is still a challenge with the pain and discomfort.  I will probably be discharged later this week if things are stable and manageable."

I told him he needs to write a book. His story is incredible.

** RA acting strange today, keeps having loading issues.

QOTD:  Pretty good with eating less refines sugars (as long as beer doesn't count).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Ultra Cowboy

Didn't resolve anything this year.  But I'm feeling the need to do a overall career "options check".

Tonight the Pub run moves north to Russian River Brewery in Windsor.  Supposed to be between 55 and 60 degrees and mostly cloudy there tonight.

WYBMADIITY

Save

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Tim, that sounds vaguely...optimistic...about Bert?  Maybe?  I mean, minus needing the whole procedure, but talking about being discharged and all.  Thanks for the update!

I had a great time snowboarding last night.  Conditions were decent and my hip did fairly well.  I'm climbing at the gym tonight.

QOTD: No goals or resolutions here.  I'm practically perfect in every way, duh. 

Running is dumb.

LB2

Crap!! I posted today's stuff in yesterday's post. Anyway, I got the lathes moved with the help of some folks with one of the biggest forklifts I have ever seen. Still waiting for them to get the pay issue straight, but I am not concerned about it. I am sure they will just cut me a paper check for the balance.

QOTD: I was planning to get no less than 100 miles each month this year. It looks like I will miss that by a slight margin this month, but I'll catch it up on the overall average,hopefully. The past two days have just been too much to allow me to get out on the trails.

LB2

moonlightrunner

Runtrail: I hope you can transition to trails with him...he will love it!

At: sorry the Lyme is sapping you.

Berto: Holy Crap! So glad they found it in time. I hope this procedure will get you to more comfortable life soon.

Rocky: I would take some of that very fine weather. What line of work are you in?

Mandy: you are so active! That is awesome. Keep on Keepin On!

LB: really great miles...good for you.

Going for a night hike tonight. That is the plan. I might have to ditch it...my mom is very depressed right now, and I might just head home instead. Getting old with increasing infirmity is horrible for her...and there is no possibility of stopping the process.

I spoke with an ultra marathoner Runtrail helped me get in touch with. Betty H. Smith. She will soon turn 79, has had one injury since starting to run many years ago,  runs 60 to 100 miles per week, teaches deep water running...and is the nicest lady. She talked to me for an hour and a half. She runs a lot of times events...her next event is a 10 DAY race...around like a half mile route. Needless to s as y...she is an age group winner. Amazing. She gave me some great advice and inspiration.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I spoke with an ultra marathoner Runtrail helped me get in touch with. Betty H. Smith. She will soon turn 79, has had one injury since starting to run many years ago,  runs 60 to 100 miles per week, teaches deep water running...and is the nicest lady. She talked to me for an hour and a half. She runs a lot of times events...her next event is a 10 DAY race...around like a half mile route. Needless to s as y...she is an age group winner. Amazing. She gave me some great advice and inspiration.

That is amazing!  How awesome to have a conversation with her.  Smile

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran a little over 3 yesterday...was going to take day off but the DH was dressed to go soooo...... reason fir taking day off is because I can feel my knee.  No pain, no swelling, but I can feel it just below the knee cap.   Weird...

qotd:  I did not make any resolutions....I did not sign up for any races either....I do need to drink less and drop at least 5 ...but that has been a left time  resolution so hopefully I still h@ve at least 20 years to accomplish.

Runtraildc:  I am a poor dog trainer but I run with Earl and Jack on those extending leashes...allows me to see the ground in front of me and a few seconds for them to stop and go.

AT:  lyme disease sucks!  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Rocky:  Enjoy pub run...I will be flying out of Santa Rosa on Saturday...plan to arrive Friday night and sleep in the car. 

Mandy:  Miss snowboarding...glad you had a good time.

Berto:  Shit man sounds like they keep fucking up....I pray for peace and painlessness for you.

Sandy: Nice tussle

Moon:  You are a good Daughter....but take care of yourself first.  Go for your hike.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

Bert if you are reading this, Best Wishes.  Sounds scary and frustrating as heck.  You got a bunch of us in your corner buddy!

Moonlight, I'm in the feed business.  Dairy cattle and poultry mainly.  My background in Animal Science and growing up as the 4th generation on the family ranch has given me a good background.

QON, My home is 30 minutes from the airport further to the South if you feel like explaining to my girlfriend ML about "how we met on the internet".      Actually though if you met her before hand she would probably offer you the guest bedroom as well.

WYBMADIITY

Save

AT-runner

Tim

QON, My home is 30 minutes from the airport further to the South if you feel like explaining to my girlfriend ML about "how we met on the internet".      Actually though if you met her before hand she would probably offer you the guest bedroom as well.

Haha. Been there, done that.

When we were meeting up with Queen at a race in Utah a few years ago, my DW would tell people "we're going to a race to meet up with Tim's online girlfriend". Now DW and Queen are good buddies.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

She’s also said I am your online wife! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim- thanks for the update on Bert- scary!

5 miles on the trails with Tiny E; our good weather continues- we've been in the upper 30's (even a few 40's) for almost two weeks- yippee! Smile

Going into the mountains tomorrow for another snowshoe trip, will be going solo this go round- if all goes well will bag two peaks on route.

qotd: I'm steady Eddy- no resolutions for me 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √