Trailer Trash

TGITuesdaily (Read 16 times)

NorthernHarrier

Worth the drive?

During our current situation--yes, very much. It was really nice hilly, wooded bluff country. Mostly 2-track trail similar to Gov. Dodge. Steeper hills and deeper woods. There are some backcountry campsites in there for short backpacking adventure. Don't know how much equestrian traffic there would be under normal times. This was my first time there. 2hr and 15 minutes from my place, probably 2hrs for you. Once we're back to normal public access you would be driving right past Blue Mounds and Gov. Dodge so then it's probably not worth it unless you're just looking for some new country to explore.

runtrail--it seems that Mn. and Wi. are looking to each other for guidance and consistency. Everything I've been reading says there will be a push to have things open for their respective fishing openers. Lots of pressure being applied as you would expect. Lot of other areas of the country have no concept of what a huge deal that is for those two states with 30,000 lakes between them. Those areas of northwest Ontario are gonna take a huge economic hit with the border being closed thru May.

Interesting times to be sure.

Sandy-2

I'm going to go out for a run in a little while. It's 85 deg so it'll be slow. I'm sure the path will have more walkers than usual.

qotd: We are still under our stay-at-home order which expires at 11:59pm, April 30th. No word lately on whether it will be extended. Our Trump-ass-kissing governor is talking about relaxing things and he overrules county and city officials, plus we have some more Trump-ass-kissing protesters in Austin, so there's no telling what will happen. I think we are on the flat part of the curve, but the case numbers keep fluctuating.

In any case, the CEO of our company said we're not going back for a while even if the state says it's ok. They have been watching the bottom line like a hawk and we're doing "ok" even with us HQ folks working from home so he say's "why rush it?".

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Didn’t run today...the parks did a burn pile last night and No told the other camp host we would man it all night long...she has a aggravated fire worry.  So At 2 am I sat with the fire.  It reminded me how much I loved being in the woods in the middle of night when so ran Mr Lakes.  The DH is leaving Weds so I said FI and went to work.  

qotd:  parks are talking May 15th..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄