Trailer Trash

Sundailies (Read 36 times)

Marley and I had a nice 6 mile trail run there was only a little mud and ice so it was pretty good running conditions.  They say we have some snow on the way.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Heading out for 7 miles shortly-- a flat, city run for a change.  It's almost 50* here, but as TT mentioned, big changes coming in later for the east coast.  Hooray!  and in the meantime, I'll enjoy the shirt and capris run.

qotd:  It's Sunday, what's for dinner?  Actually, leftovers for us-- but, one of our favorite vietnamese dishes with pork, rice noodles and cucumber (and a few other sides).

some call me Tim

SRD, maybe a walk. Yesterday I finished my first 50 in just under 9 hours and covered in ice- brutal. It took most of the night for my internal thermostat to stop swinging wildly from one extreme to another. Race report with a pic or two to come. Have fun out there everybody!

qotd: An old family recipe for Beef Stroganoff, and lots of it.

hog4life

Congrats on the first 50! I got a ways to go before I reach that milestone.

10 miles with Bella and friends.

Watoni

SRD, maybe a walk. Yesterday I finished my first 50 in just under 9 hours and covered in ice- brutal. It took most of the night for my internal thermostat to stop swinging wildly from one extreme to another. Race report with a pic or two to come. Have fun out there everybody!

qotd: An old family recipe for Beef Stroganoff, and lots of it.

Congrats!

I am heading into work now but planning for an afternoon/evening run. Need some redwood vert to follow-up yesterday. In the TMI department, I had a little chafing yesterday, which surprises me since I used the same stuff as my ultras where I have no such issues.

QOTD: Probably just me for dinner (boys are still in Tahoe skiing, my 9-year old has a "rail jam" after competing (and getting third) in slopestyle yesterday. I will play it by ear. I need to make some gelato, though.

muppy

Will run a few miles later today.

Blargendarg, congratulations on your 50, that's awsome!

Watoni, 3rd place! Congratulations to you and little Watoni!

QOTD I have a busy day so it's what ever leftovers  I can grab quick to eat.

LB2

Congratulations on the 50 miler, Blargendarg.

I'll get a few in with the doggy later.

QOTD: I have a roast out that I need to cook, but I haven't done it yet. So, I don't know.

LB2

sugnim

I got a nice 10 mile run through the fog. I didn't want to wear any shoe spikes, so I opted to stay on the paved trails where the ice has cleared.

QOTD:  Chicken chilli. It took over 9 hours of cooking yesterday and includes home-raised chickens, onions from a friend's farm, 2 kinds of beans, 6 kinds of peppers, and a side of home made corn bread.

Blargendarg:  That's fantastic!  I'm excited to read your race report. What was the farthest you'd raced before that?

Watoni

Will run a few miles later today.

Blargendarg, congratulations on your 50, that's awsome!

Watoni, 3rd place! Congratulations to you and little Watoni!

QOTD I have a busy day so it's what ever leftovers  I can grab quick to eat.

Thank you!

It is really to him and his mom for getting him out there and supporting him. It was a real close call apparently between everyone on the podium, but judging is always subjective and a he will need to get used to that. I still think it is a great result for him considering he is a weekend athlete (i.e. he does not live in Tahoe).

runtraildc

Congratulations to Blarg and little Watoni both! Nice work this weekend.  Looking forward to the race report, Blarg.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Waiting for DH to come home from work, so that I can get out for a run before the ice rain hits.

Darg, congrats!

Watoni: Congratulations to Mini-Watoni! Hope the gelato will be ready for him to celebrate.

QOTD: Leftovers, in this case, it's crab cakes and sides, and pizza. I'll stick with the crab cakes!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats to little Watoni and Blarg!

heading out for 6-ish miles, yesterday I ran 14 and the conditions were challenging to say the least- we've warmed up considerably and it's made of a mess of things- ran through 6" of slush (that gets old), on the north side of the mountain there was still almost a foot of snow-so I post holed through that (that gets old), had long stretches of glare ice- that actually felt good compared to the other two (microspikes on) and even a few short stretches of terra firma  

qotd: stuff pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetables- nice low cal meal 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Thanks, everyone, and Watoni that's great! When your kid is up on that podium it's about as good as being up there yourself.

sugnim: I ran a 50k this fall, and though another 50 miler will surely happen, this midwinter ultra stuff is for the birds.

moonlightrunner

Blarg: congrats! Looking forward to the RR.

I ran 10 cold miles for my birthday. I am 57...and grateful to still be a runner.

Qotd: ribs, yummy potatoes. Chocolate birthday pie.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from 7.5 miles. Did a few extra hills, bonked on the last one. Thankfully I had taken a gel along.

Congrats to Blarg and little Watoni.

QOTD: Protein shake followed by a Dagwood Sandwich later.