Trailer Trash

is it the weekender? (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good morning trailers

got a nice 7 mile loop in with Tiny E yesterday, wore spikes this time- didn't need them for about five miles, but there were two roughly 1 mile stretches where it was almost all ice, so worth donning them

was going to go snowshoeing (and trying to bag Casey Peak) but the wind is up and if it's up in town, it's howling in the Elkhorns- something local and maybe tomorrow give the Elkhorns a go

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

We seem to be in a good day/bad day weather pattern here. Last night was gorgeous, today is cool and rainy.

Even though I ran 5 somewhat "brisk for me these days pace" miles mid-day yesterday I took Baker out to Monocacy Hill for a short 3 mile loop on the lower trail in the evening. The place was packed, relatively speaking. The lot at the trailhead has room for about a dozen vehicles. Typical spring evening runs on a Friday weekend there would 4-5 cars max. Well, the lot was completely full with a dozen or more vehicles scattered along the side of the road. Still, it wasn't bad on the trail. I ran one section where we saw no one.

Took the dogs out for a short walk in the rain. LOL, after they did some business Baker sort of turned around to head home, so not even 1/2 mile walk! Ha. I think I saw a dry slot window on the radar later his afternoon so I will get out then I suppose.

Grocery store was well stocked this morning, other than paper goods, and not really very busy. I had to order my deli meat with the grocery store app, but did that before walking into the store.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we went to Costco (think Sam's Club if you don't have a Costco) and it looked pretty well stocked- I think they still had limits on tp, sanitizing wipes, etc, but they all appeared to be in stock

did see some lady w/ two of the giant tp packages and I think it was an employee that told her they would only ring one up at the cashier; too bad they didn't do this 2-3 weeks ago and would have saved a lot of folks some angst  Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Had a nice run last night in Michaux Forest.  Passed by the usual, and packed,  trail heads and drove up a logging road to a little used spot.  Out for 2 hours and didn't see a single person. On the way out, the main lot at the reservoir was as crowded as I've ever seen it. People walking all along the roads not knowing that some beautiful trials were just 50 yards away.  I wasn't about to tell them. 

TM run today with heavy rain and some thunder. Calling for off and on thunderstorms most of the day and tomorrow morning.

Pretty funny song. Worth the watch Called "Stay the Fuck at Home"

Finished Tiger King last night. Man if you told me that a guy named Joe Exotic, a gay, polygamistic, mullet wearing, gun toting, Country Singer, Zoo keeper, was actually the 3rd craziest one in the show, I'd never believed you.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Laying in bed...no rush to do anything since it’s raining.  May have a dry spell to run but may take the day off too. We are going to drive around and install new clips on the camp posts where the reserved tags go.  Then back in the trailer and maybe play some games and a movie.  

just staying the fuck at home.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Drizzly day here, but I had a race!  A virtual 15 miler!  The park was closed, of course, so I ran on streets and bike paths near my dad's house.  not too many people out since I started sort of early and did I mention it was drizzly?  I think it was a PR because I don't think I've ever done a 15 mile race before.  Heck, I might have won!  I didn't see anyone on the course ahead of me.  

Did some grocery shopping for him and me, and the stores were not crazy.  Now I'm staying the fuck at home.  

A good day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

moonlightrunner

Went for a walk in the woods today...found underbrush has leaves exploding out of buds...and the moss is a brilliant green.

I went to the grocery store  and a short hike.  I dont feel good. I've had worsening GI issues and I just feel terrible. I need to eliminate refined sugar to see if it helps.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

15 miles on the forest roads. Wanted to do more but it was on roads after all. It will be awhile before I can do any trail runs up here with a fairly good snow cover yet.  Pretty quiet around here these days. Not much in the wildlife sightings either except feathered things. An eagle keeps flying over the open water in my bay and I've got a pileated woodpecker working the trees around me. Oh yeah, the trumpeter swans keep coming and going from my bay.  Should become much more active as spring slowly arrives here.

Since we knew we might be here awhile we brought up our rowing machine so that's been a nice added cross training element. Otherwise just trying to stay the fuck at home.

runtraildc

After more than a week of saying I'd go running, I finally got out the door and ran 5 miles. Mostly on the nearby bike trail, with a side detour thru the real trail and back on the roads. Chowder was beside himself with joy,and quite reasonably tolerated the cold hose down when we got back to the house.

The state parks are now closed. Did not go to the store or anywhere else, but DH made a quick stop at the asian market.  Now continuing staying the fuck at home.

Sandy-2

Did 14 mi this morning.  It was warm and humid like usual. 75 deg at 5:30. After a while my stomach turned bad so that wasn’t fun. We had takeout from a new restaurant last nite and my stomach wasn’t good to start, I guess we won’t be going back to that place.

Been staying the fuck home, watched this that my Croatian friend sent me yesterday, but now I see it’s on the Tube.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lr_tEdQvFcc

Also DW ordered a TM so I spent some time this afternoon putting it together.  She’s ok walking outside, but now that it’s warming up she’ll do some walks inside.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Did 5.5 miles on the roads. Cold, drizzly, and breezy.

Saw on news feeds that some areas around the country that have a lot of seasonal or vacation homes have set up road blocks and letting you in only if you are a permanent resident. Also one of my best friends called me a couple days ago as he was at his shack in Bayfield co. over on Lake Superior and his county had actually sent out notifications to stay out unless you are a permanent resident. Kinda worried about that here so DW and I went on-line this morning and changed what we could and are now permanent residents up here. Would have been doing it in a few months anyway but thought doing it now was smart.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 5.5 up canyon..dogs drag on way up but are fine on way back. Wtf?  

Western States was cancelled.  Everyone in 2020 are in 2021 and no lottery for 2021.  Also have 2 years to get a qualifying race done for 2022.  Guess I won’t worry about getting a qualifier this year.  

NH:  They may be doing that soon here.  If we go any where we are going to bring our park vest as evidence we kinda live here.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

For the PA runners here, Dirty German was just postponed.  They're trying to get a fall date.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Did 10 this morning.  It was 20 deg cooler than yesterday, so much better.

Western States was cancelled.

Yeah, I saw that.  I hope that Hardrock (mid-July) is able to go on.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

According to Northern Harrier this will all be over in July in CA so thinking it will be earlier in Colorado  but staying alive is better than a race any day.

Did 10 this morning.  It was 20 deg cooler than yesterday, so much better.

Yeah, I saw that.  I hope that Hardrock (mid-July) is able to go on.