Trailer Trash

St. Patrick's Daily (Read 16 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Sláinte.  

No run for today. After work we're heading to pub for some adult libations and good laughs.  Irish music playing tonight.  Long runs tomorrow and Sunday.  Some college basketball thrown in there as well.

Have a great weekend.

Any racers and pacer out there this weekend?

QOTD: Weekend plans?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Had a good run out at the gym yesterday. Pushed the heart rate to 179 which is high for me. Now I'm stiff. Gotta do some stretching I guess.

Spending the day at work and we are short staffed at least for the morning. Sent two of our units to the funeral of one of the city fire fighters who was killed in the line of duty by a drunk driver .  Working a 24 hour shift so no running for me.

QOTD: Work today and then tomorrow evening. Won't be any time for a run until Sunday.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

3 miles last night.  Prolly another 3 tonight.  I would love to hit the trails this weekend but we'll see if I have time to sneak off.

AT:  Enjoy the day.  I think I may have a little Irish in my background but unsure how far back.  I always joke that my pinkie is Irish.  But no celebrating for me.  Just another day.

QOTD: More work on our basement but honestly it's been coming along really nice.  Need to finish painting a closet, then lay the flooring in the closet.  trim work, three doors, build the pantry shelving...ok maybe I am not as close to done as I thought. Other no plans.  Some running.  Maybe some lounging around but not likely.

Have a great St Paddy's Day and a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

ɛrɪn ɡə ˈbrɑ

a very tough 4 mile hill repeat workout yesterday evening; why do these always kick my butt?

strength train this evening, followed by corn beef and cabbage- washed down with some local microbrews

qotd: long run Saturday, shorter run Sunday- Reuben sandwiches sometime with the leftover corn beef

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

11 miles last night. The wind finally eased up. Ran to Carl Sanburg home. Ita cool to be out there at night when no one is around.

They are restoring the old home. Its going to take two years.

qotd  no race this weekend. I have run a race the last four weekends so taking a break.

Looking forward to some nice long trail runs.

Sandy-2

I may do an easy 3 miles after work today, but then again maybe not, we'll see.

No Irish in me that I know of, but St. Paddy's day is the day before my birthday.

qotd: b2b 20's on tap, it's gonna be tropical - crap.  Tomorrow we're also going to a play with some friends, it's at some tiny live venue (hope they serve beer at intermission), then a late dinner after.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My husband told me the dogs need to run; not just go for walks.  So I got up and ran 4.2 this morning.   I was thinking of taking time off but really hate the thought of completely not running and since the dogs need it I might as well run.  Going to hold off on long runs over 10 for awhile just to give the old heel a rest.

QOTD:  My wood pile flew over so I will be restacking that..my suitcase is still packed with dirty clothes so chores weekend.  Rain is coming but maybe a Mt Bike ride in the am Sat...want to do that more..possible movie and maybe bowling.

AT:  Have fun tonight...25 years ago Mike and I had our first date on St Patty's day. 

Sandy:  Happy Birthday tomorrow in case I don't check in...  I read your QOTD as "going to PLAY with some friends."  hmmm

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

skipped my planned (and reported) run yesterday so I made sure to get out before I posted today's run. 4.5 miles on the paved trail. I was surprised at how much snow and ice still remaining. Slow going, but it was otherwise quite nice out.

qotd: Swim meet mostly- starting tonight for the smaller kiddo whose coach entered him in the 500 free, against his preferences. That was one of my favorite events, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. Other than that, not much.

XtremeTaper

Tried to run last night on the trails by the lake but not much luck. So a mile and a half of crunchy foot sinking hike with some jogging. It took me about 30 minutes! It's never good when you get to the trailhead and it hasn't been plowed. Thus today was a road run around the neighborhoods at lunch. Sunny and bright, mild with the wind at your back, cold when it was in your face. I did 7.5 miles on a twisty turny out/back run from my house that never went in the same direction for more than half a mile. Felt ok for a road run.

QOTD: Meh. On-call this week, but I am driving down to Jersey tomorrow to taxi my wife to a bridal shower for my niece. I'll hang out with my nephews while that takes place, and then hook up with my sister and niece later in the afternoon. Finish up Sneaky Pete on Amazon prime.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: Swim meet mostly- starting tonight for the smaller kiddo whose coach entered him in the 500 free, against his preferences. That was one of my favorite events, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. Other than that, not much.

Good luck.  Pace is everything.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran a quick one this morning, just one 3.25 mile loop.

QOTD: No racing or pacing this weekend or anytime soon, just running.

LB2

3 mies today, going up to Lake Sonoma tomorrow for a training run for the 50 miler in April.

Daydreamer, sounds like you work in emergency services?  Sorry about the funeral of the fire fighter

Sandy, birthday tomorrow?  have a good one..

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR