Trailer Trash

Satur-delay-ies ......weekender... (Read 15 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I have to start this shit when I didn’t even run!!!! Plan was camp work a few hours than meet DH for bike ride.  Sooo I did not run.  After 5 hours of work he shows up and doesn’t want to ride.  This is normal so moving on!

qotd:  Please indulge me.  I am getting Netflix so can you name some of your favorite series no matter how old?  I remember AT telling me about a funny bursting show they liked when we were at Zion..what was it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

We waited for the rain to stop and then dd some hike / ridge run. The hike was getting up to the ridge. 400' in just over 1/2 mile. Then nice run through a protected pine forest, then drop back another way and had to hike a lot of that due to drop and wet rocks. Around 6+ miles all in all. Wasn't too wet on the ridge. Saw 2 humans (hikers) and no wildlife today. Guess the rain had the wildlife hunkered down.

Long run tomorrow.

Bert Update - he's still in hospital and they put him back in ICU after getting an infection and because the ICU nurses are better able to take care of him (give him more attention). He's not on a vent, but hasn't eaten on his own yet (still using feeding tube). He has to walk more and eat before he can come home. 

QOTD:  Sue, not sure what show that was, but "Derry Girls" is very funny, especially since you were a Catholic School Girl. Might need to have subtitles on since some of the Irish accents are pretty 'fookin' tic'.   Dark comedies - "End of The Fuckin World". Drama - "Ozark" "Peaky Blinders", "Stranger Things".  That should get you started. Enjoy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

11 miles this morning with DW.  Prolly another 10+ tomorrow am.

Queen - Stranger Things; Ozark.

AT: thanks for the update.  Come on Bert - you got this! You're a fighter.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I did the Virtual Pandemic 6-hour run today.  Set up an aid station at home and then spent lot of time going out and back on the coastal trail (i.e., paved bike path) and circles around the median in front of my house to finish it off.  Oof, pavement hurts.  But I'm really not complaining.  Lots of birds and wildflowers. A perfect gray day for running. And I finished before too many other people were out. Did 32.8 miles.

QOTD: I don't watch stuff so I've got nothing.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just FYI...in our area the parks are closed if asked, if we see people ignore them..if not following social distancing rules call it in  so go venture a little farther

I did the Virtual Pandemic 6-hour run today.  Set up an aid station at home and then spent lot of time going out and back on the coastal trail (i.e., paved bike path) and circles around the median in front of my house to finish it off.  Oof, pavement hurts.  But I'm really not complaining.  Lots of birds and wildflowers. A perfect gray day for running. And I finished before too many other people were out. Did 32.8 miles.

QOTD: I don't watch stuff so I've got nothing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Just FYI...in our area the parks are closed if asked, if we see people ignore them..if not following social distancing rules call it in  so go venture a little farther

I was good with 6 mile loops... much farther and I would have had to carry stuff with me.  I've gotten lazy...

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

25 minute tempo run sandwiched between a long warm up and cool down.

Thanks for the Bert update.

qotd:  I don't watch much TV so not much help.  The little I do watch are reruns of M.A.S.H., Star Trek, and the Twilight Zone.  I'm more likely to watch old movies.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Let's see. I ran 4 miles Friday afternoon after some yoga. Used the hands free leash, which them chowder pulls me like a sled dog. Was reminded that this is probably the source of my lower back pain. So, yesterday it was sore, no run but back strengthening exercises. Will get in about 5 on the trail along the Potomac shortly. But first, making strawberry ice cream for DS1's birthday.

And thanks for the Bert update.

qotd:  'Monk', but a different kind of funny. Good series.

XtremeTaper

A couple of runs this weekend already. Friday was about 6 miles on the hills of Coventry Woods with Baker. The chilly weather and light rain kept the people away and we had the trails to ourselves which is more of a normal thing. It was nice and peaceful, and despite the cold temps the light rain smelled like spring so that was nice. Baker does great off leash now.

Yesterday, ran solo out at the lake. Ran on the more rustic south side trails and it was pretty sloppy and messy. Rather cold again too, especially at loop turn around where the trail is exposed to the lake and when the NW is blowing it has the entire lake to blow across.  Sort of slowed down on the back/upper portion of the loop but it was nasty footing with the rocks and mud. I guess about 7 miles, then followed that up with a 2 mile dog wog out at the local trail.

About to head out to French Creek with Baker for a run. Nothing fancy.. 5-7 miles I suppose. Sun is out today and looks to be a decent day. We've had craptacular weather most of the week.

QOTD: Check out the Blacklist. It's an NBC series but they have all the seasons but the current one on Netflix. It is a very well done show, international crime, CIA, FBI, government conspiracies. Basically the CIA hires an international crime figure to help them solve cases all the while the dude keeps up his criminal activities. James Spader is great as Raymond Reddington and there are several plot lines each season to tie all the episodes together.

Gatsby - Well done on the ultra! You are on a roll these days.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

I missed the Bert-o update.  Thanks, AT.  Good that they're watching him closely, although not good that he landed in the ICU with an infection.

XT, thanks... gotta do something to make up for all the cancelled races.

Going out for a walk, visiting my Dad, and then chores today.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks for the update on Bert AT- lets hope his hospital stay is coming to an end

did a 45 mile loop, probably 35 on snowshoes- I'm bushed!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 19 mi Saturday and 12 mi this morning.  Both very soggy early morning runs, the first was in 60 deg and the second in 73 deg.  The first day was better. This morning it was a race over the last 3 mi getting back home with thunderstorms chasing me, helped to pick up the pace, but my legs were really dead. I guess you can tell since I’m writing this…. I made it back.

I saw the “smaller” of the two alligators in the park this morning, I think she’s only 10 to 12 feet. What was cool was she was swimming in the middle of the open water, just gliding along silently. Looked like a very efficient hunting tactic.

QoN; thanks for starting this shit… I kept getting those errors so I thought the site was down. I like your criteria for when to “call it in”.

AT: Sounds like a nice hike/run.  And, thanks for the update on Bert, (Come-on Burt you can do it!!!!)

Dr J: nice runs.

Gatsby: Great job on the 50k+ !!! Was that an “official” virtual run? Are you sure there weren’t any port-o-potties involved with your “competitor’s” loops? Photos look great.

wc:  nice tempo, I need to do more of that.

runtrail: My DD has a rescue husky that’s about a year old, that thing can pull like crazy. Not to mention her other dog, so when I take the leash occasionally my back gets hosed up for a bit.  Then again, it might be good for it too.

XT: Nice runs.  Agree, my run in the park to see the alligator was sloppy in spots with all the rain we’ve had lately. And, with the high humidity we have it never evaporates so it’ll stay soggy around here for a while.

mt: very cool, how many nights did you spend out there? Awesome miles, but sleeping in the cold at night must be tough on the recovery between days. Great photos.

Qotd: we liked the British crime stuff like Luther, Shetland, etc. but I can’t remember if they were on NF or one of the other streaming things we have.

tbd.