Trailer Trash

Marvelous Monday (Read 34 times)

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Good morning trailers!  I haven't run since last Wednesday.  I'm hoping to get out for a run tomorrow morning before work.  After being together for over 11 years, my wife & I were finally able to get married this weekend in WA, so I've been a touch busy.  Big grin

QOTD:  I never run the same route twice.  At least, that's how it seems to me.  With changes in the weather, seasons, my body, and everything else, no two runs are ever the same, even if they cover the same area on a map.

Congratulations Sugnim!

Not sure if I'm running today.  It could be a rest day, but I think I'll probably go out for a few easy miles tonight.   My goal at the beginning of September was to become a more consistent runner.  Week 1 was a success.  Five runs covering a total of 31.5 miles.  I need to carry it through to week two.

QOTD:  During the week, I run the same base route every night...I add and/or cut some side loops to gain or lose mileage, but its the same basic 5 mile loop almost every time.  Weekends, I tend to mix it up a little more.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats Sugnim!

T&C - wow, that would have caught me off guard...I wonder if the pack is redesigned to fit with a wider variety of bladders?  Mine seems to be a tailored to fit the hydrapak bladder...unless they changed the shape of the reservoir pouch I don't think I would venture a different brand.

**Ask me about streaking**

Watoni

"Taper" day. Really weird since my muscles just want to run, but with my foot bugging me and heading to the Pyrenees Friday, I juast need to be mellow ...

QOTD: I mix it up but run the same route a lot. I am worse about doing the same route cycling, but since it is a fabulous loop out to the coast through the redwoods, I do not think I could get tired of it.

Congrats Sugnim!

T&C - wow, that would have caught me off guard...I wonder if the pack is redesigned to fit with a wider variety of bladders?  Mine seems to be a tailored to fit the hydrapak bladder...unless they changed the shape of the reservoir pouch I don't think I would venture a different brand.

Yeah, I was surprised to receive a different pack. I'm guessing they were out of the older models. My 2L Nathan fit very snugly, but also came out the top a bit, which is why I'm interested in getting the 1.5L bladder. I really like the hydroflasks up front though. Perfect for alternative fueling strategies.

Daydreamer1

Haven't been out for a run or on the bike since last Wed. I think. This is getting old. Have class this evening so I won't get out today either.

QOTD: For my road running I have about 4 loops laid out. I can change them slightly but rarely do. Which one I do is dependent on how many miles I want to get in. For trail running I end up running the same route most of the time. This has to do with the number and steepness of the hills and lack of trail maintenance on the intersecting loops. Thursday I'm planning some new trail exploration that will hopefully add to my available choices.  When I'm out on the bike I get to chose a lot more routes simply because of the distance I can cover gives me many options. This is one of the things I like about the bike.

moonlightrunner

Running later tonight. Hot and muggy right now.

Qotd: you are all so lucky to have multiple trails. I have only two trails (both a 10 minute drive). The are short trails. I have the state park trails, but they are a 25 minute drive. As my distance get longer I'm going to have to loops or start running some road miles. Yuck.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jonferg67

Endless trails

Qotd: you are all so lucky to have multiple trails. I have only two trails (both a 10 minute drive). The are short trails. I have the state park trails, but they are a 25 minute drive. As my distance get longer I'm going to have to loops or start running some road miles. Yuck.

I'm in the same boat, wish I could quite my job and live in a hut near the mountains. I'm mean isn't play more

important than work!

Occasional Runner

I'm in the same boat, wish I could quite my job and live in a hut near the mountains. I'm mean isn't play more

important than work!

Play is WAY more important than work. If I had to move from the Wasatch for my job, I would quit immediately.