Trailer Trash

"Affirmative" Fridaily (Read 24 times)

AT-runner

Tim

It's 10-4 today, so hence my nerdy title.

SRD today.  Tomorrow I'll try a little run to see how ankle feels. Fingers crossed.  My ortho friends said to take 4-6 weeks off, and then smiled knowing that wasn't going to happen. He's a runner, so he knows.

Who's racing this weekend?

QOTD:  Weekend plans?  We're goin into town for the "Long Long Long Long Table" party. They are closing 1/2 the Square and one street and setting up tables down the length of the street. You can BYO or shop at a local restaurant for take-out or a food truck. Music all around town. Should be fun.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL forgot that.  Growing up we had a CB radio on my dad's truck.  I loved listening to the truckers when we would go on the hiways.  Then he had a ham radio and I could listen to people from all over the world.  Perhaps that's where I got my wanderlust.

qotd: 5k at the Tulsa Zoo with DD, SIL, DGD and DH.  Should be fun.  Then long run on Sunday.

XtremeTaper

Typical walk/jog routine this morning with the dogs. No rain or drizzle today and pleasant cool fall temps with the rising sun. Only ran 3 miles last night with the dogs out at Coventry Woods. The Lady was putzing and Baker was pulling so it was a slow run. Sort of a shame because the conditions were simply lovely. Cool, grey, light rain. The rain was so light I wasn't even getting wet under the trees but you could here the sound affects of the rain. Fresh leaves had fallen recently and the trails were covered in wet shiny golden yellows and brown. Plus that wet fall earthy smell. Love to run in stuff like that, but the jog was good enough I suppose.

Oh, Baker did the strangest thing yesterday at the trail. He gets all excited to go in the car but as we started our run/walk, he started to cry. We were just walking at the time. Just a sporadic mild cry/whine, not constant. He stood there like a statue like he did not want to go. I had an e-collar on him and thought maybe that was bugging him so took that off but still he acted the same. This happened several times for the first few minutes then all was normal again. I can't figure it out. Could he have had some past trauma on a rainy day? It was raining but not hard. It really hasn't rained much since we've had him. Sometimes I wish dogs could talk and tell you what's up.

Not sure of running plans today. Might see if Baker wants to spin around the block and/or go do a solo run later.

QOTD: No racing here. Meeting my buddy and his dog for a short run at French Creek tomorrow. Finish up weeding the one remaining back bed and I have a somewhat large pine tree to plant back there. Probably do that on Sunday. I should dig up the tropicals too and get them potted so I am well prepared for any sudden first frosts later this month.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I ended up not running after work yesterday, too busy catching up at work and got home too late.  It happens. Therefore instead of taking my usual SRD today I did 5 mi this morning. It was a little cooler so that was a good thing.

Met my DD for lunch yesterday, she was driving up to Dallas for work training, but she said that she's staying an extra night, sleeping in a tent in a state park by a lake and then she'll do a trail run along the lake the next day. I don't know where she gets those ideas from... 

qotd: my DW and I are spending the weekend up in NYC, it's our anniversary.  What turned out to be a quiet get-away and a show has now turned into meet-up with some family members for one of the nights.  We didn't tell them where we are going on the 2nd night so we will get some alone time.    We're looking forward to some cooler weather, walking to restaurants/bars, coffee, etc and generally lounging around in the big city.  Not sure how much running I'll get in, but I'll make up for that next week when I'm in D.C.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5 "speedy" miles last night on the TM at the gym.  I was sweating pretty good so must have been a decent workout.  My plan is long tomorrow morning.  Temps should be in the 40's!!! I am so excited about that.  Fall is here finally.

Sandy - enjoy your anniversary!

AT: wishing you painless running.

QOTD: No races, just a LR, some yard work, watch some football.

Have a great weekend! Over and out.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Happy Friday, folks. Had planned an easy dog jog this morning at 5 am when the kiddo was swimming, but decided on a rest day. My heel is a bit sore, and this is new, so I am giving it a rest. Oh, the niggles come out when a big race is nearing....

qotd: Not much. Saturday is wide open, plan-wise and Sunday it's a long run then up to Baltimore for a wedding. Actually, they're going to the courthouse so it's just the reception.

moonlightrunner

AT: hope the ankle is a go. 4-6 weeks...ugh.

Sandy: sounds like a fun anniversary celebration.

I had a really nice hill work out yesterday, but today I am in quite a bit of pain.  It is back related. If I have to I'll go see the osteopath next week.

DD and family arrive today. Preparing a big dinner tomorrow with other family coming over for grandchildren birthdays. Took the day off today to cook. Indian fry bread tacos on the menu with a choice of crispy pork carnitas or spicy mexican pulled chicken. Apple pie, pumpkin cheesecake dump cake to follow. I love cooking for a crowd.

Sunday I have a long run planned with a run buddy I have not seen in a few years.

Have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

Been feeling a little run down all week. So, I took a rest day.

QOTD: My brother suckered me into a painting job for the weekend. I retired from painting on the last job, but this was a pretty good chunk of money. I could use some new shoes and some merino wool base layers, and it will pay for the room in February for the cheer trip.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Failed to wake up early enough to sneak down the forbidden trail.  People ask me about it so It’s really my duty to run it; even if I have forbidden dogs.  I did run the coastal trail run.  Pretty much an out and back and I think 5 miles.  I order a charger for watch so should know soon.  Lot’s of good smells on that trail which equates to Earl being a pain in the ass. 

Qotd:  Weekends are busy around here and currently I am the only host.  So basically just cleaning camps, visitor center, and selling wood.

Camp Host Ramblings:  Looking for trash on the on the ground at camp sites  isn’t all bad.  I try to find at least one piece.  Not too hard to find at least a sticker from fruit.  Today I was rewarded with finding a $10 bill

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Qotd:  Weekends are busy around here and currently I am the only host.  So basically just cleaning camps, visitor center, and selling wood.

Camp Host Ramblings:  Looking for trash on the on the ground at camp sites  isn’t all bad.  I try to find at least one piece.  Not too hard to find at least a sticker from fruit.  Today I was rewarded with finding a $10 bill

Living The Dream. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lol yes...took me awhile.....would rather be doing something else....but marriage is a compromise right?  Just seems a bit one sided.   But I am in a beautiful place so all is good 

Living The Dream. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄