Trailer Trash

Take me out to the Thursdaily (Read 16 times)

XtremeTaper

Good run last night. I guess my good run for the week if the pattern holds. Only 7 miles, on the lakeside trails, the easier side, but a pretty spiffy pace and effort for me. I was running fast enough to play the 7 in 70 game and broke the barrier by one minute. Exactly. That means 69 minutes on the dot. Weird when runs end with an even time. I will call it a trail tempo because it felt like it by the end. Happy dance.

Plan for this evening is 5-7 miles with the Lady on a TTBD.

QOTD: Opening day for baseball. Do you follow and/or do you have a favorite team?

For me, it's the Cleveland Indians. Grew up in NE Ohio and am still a fan of those teams. I am not a die hard fan other than tracking standings throughout the season and highlights. Backup team is the Dodgers as they were my grandpa's team from his days growing up in Brooklyn, plus I lived a few years in LA and watched them often listening to Vin Scully.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Still alive, if anyone missed me. Vacation going well. Several runs so far, all have been nice and flat. elevation the other day for 8 miles was high of 8' low of 0' as we ran on the beach for a bit. The beach at Hilton Head Island is very compacted so bikes, walkers and runners all over during low tide. Long run tomorrow at Pinkney Island Seashore Park. Plan is 20.

Jamie - sorry about delay, but you'll get there.

Bert - stay strong, my friend.

Dhuff - I stopped in to say good luck this weekend. Don't stress about weather, just "Git 'er done".

Doing my Forest Gump impression at Chipawah Park in Savannah, GA. This is where they filed the scene in the movie. Box of pralines on my lap, so not really chocolate. 

QOTD:  Yes, HUGE baseball fan. Go Nationals!  Also follow the O's.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

FTYC, you're jinxing me...

Friday Night

Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 37. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday

A 50 percent chance of rain before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

3 last night and that's it until Sat's 31.  I might actually end up with a decent week's mileage...lol.  I sure hope at least the wind goes away.  I'm praying for 60, sunny and 5 mph winds.  Anyone care to join me?

AT, that looks lovely, glad you are having a nice vacation.

QOTD:  No, the only sport I "follow" is the Triple Crown in horse racing. When I lived in El Paso there was a minor league team nearby and we liked to go to the games (I just wanted the roasted corn, beer and hotdogs)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am thinking of hitting the gym tonight for some walking or maybe the stair machine.  That's not running so....

AT: Nice picture.  Do you actually have chocolates in the box?

Dhuff: One of the worst things to do is weather watch leading up to a race...but we all do it!!!! 

QOTD: Life long Red Sox fan.  I have to say that baseball season is too long though.  I mildly pay attention during the season but it's really the playoffs I watch. The game moves too slow anymore, games are too long, yada, yada, yada...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Running after work today.

XT: nice run.  One year I finished Houston with a chip time of 3:33:33.

AT: Shall I say it?.......  Run Forest Run. (Bet you’ve never heard that before.)

dhuff: I agree with AT, just get-r-done.  You know what to wear…    so just ignore the rain/wind/etc. you can’t do anything about it anyway. (But I am hoping that conditions aren’t bad for you.)

Dr. J: sorry to hear about the postponement of your impending triumphant return to running, but hang in there.

qotd: I follow the Astros since they are the local team. But I also peak every now and then to see how the Yanks are doing since as a little kid growing up on Long Island I always followed them. I also root for the Busan Lotte Giants when I'm visiting our office over there.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD well ok I did set the alarm to go for a run but didn't.  Thursday is normally a SRD.

QOTD:  No

AT:  I missed you but knew you were partying with Jess so never worried. 

dhuffman:  Good luck this weekend...layers, layers!

Jamie:  Hi ...thanks for stopping by..must of been the baseball question. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

No run today. Spent the morning shoveling/raking mulch with the school service project, so I think that counts toward my cross training. I'll get out for a short hike in the woods before sunset tonight,

DHuff-- such a nerve wracking forecast! Fingers crossed for you that it all blows by before race time.

Queenie-- My injured running friend was telling me about 'this crazy 50 mile race out in Antelope Canyon a friend of hers did!'. But then she added it was something that perhaps she might want to run/hike. I told her that I'd be on board, if she decides to go for it.

qotd: Nope and nope.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It was a good one...the folks I were with said they would do it again...me, I'd rather do something different.

Queenie-- My injured running friend was telling me about 'this crazy 50 mile race out in Antelope Canyon a friend of hers did!'. But then she added it was something that perhaps she might want to run/hike. I told her that I'd be on board, if she decides to go for it.

dhuffman63

Trails

I'd love to do that one, definitely as a hike for me though.  Would be fun doing it with friends.

As for the weather, the wind is my biggest concern as I'm only 97 lbs and strong winds blow me around.  I am bringing one of my poles and I don't care it's a rail trail, it will help keep me from back spasms I hope if there are head winds again.  I do have all sorts of layers available...lol, even a running type rain coat.

AT, great pic. Forrest Gump is one of those movies that I sort of dismissed when it came out but now, I’ll stop flipping channels to watch it if it’s on.

DHuff, there’s that saying, no such thing as bad weather, just poor gear choices.  Sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into it so hopefully it all works out.

I’ve got a 55k on Sat. Will try not to lose a shoe this time, lol.

QOTD: yes!  I was counting down the days until spring training, and then counting down the days until opening day.  Finally here!  SF Giants fan.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wait did you lose a shoe and then fall into the mud?  My friend was in the same race as you last weekend and mentioned a woman losing a shoe and falling.   Where are you racing this weekend?

I’ve got a 55k on Sat. Will try not to lose a shoe this time, lol.

Wait did you lose a shoe and then fall into the mud?  My friend was in the same race as you last weekend and mentioned a woman losing a shoe and falling.   Where are you racing this weekend?

Ha. I didn’t fall but it could have been me. I pulled my shoe out of the muck, put it on, ran to the next stream, and sat down to clean up.  Took off shoes and socks, rinsed off the mud, and put everything back on and took off. She might have thought I fell since I was sitting in the ground.  Either that or someone else had an even worse shoe mishap than I did. 

Red Dragon 55k is on the south fork of the American River.  Around where Salmon Falls 50k was but goes the other direction on some different trails.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Stopped at a short 3.1 miles.  It was supposed to be an easy 5-6 miles, but the first mile was 30 seconds faster than anticipated and it only got faster from there, so I cut it short as I'm ready to start my taper for Whiskey Basin.  I was thinking if I continued like that, and it still felt  more or less easy at that point, that it might end up being a much harder run than planned.

qotd:  I've been a Cubs fan since the days of Ernie Banks and growing up in the Chicago suburbs.  Sorry XT but I was thrilled when the Cubs won the World Series.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day today. It was gorgeous outside, but. my body was screaming for a pause.

AT: great picture with the chocolates box!

dhuff: choose your clothing wisely, then it should still be fun. Being in the same weight class, I know what you are talking about! 

QOTD: I don’t follow baseball or have a favorite team, but occasionally we get tickets from our neighbor who gets them through work, and then we watch a Spikes game. We enjoy it.

Run for fun.