Trailer Trash

Information on Cards for a Friend (Read 26 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks Moon for getting the ball rolling on a great idea to support Bert.  Bert has not checked the forum in 3 weeks, so think we can post here without losing the element of a nice surprise.

1) Moon is going to purchase a fir tree in a pot with lights. She will have it delivered to Bert-o on Monday with a card saying it is from all.  She will message an address where we can send her any donation towards the tree. Any extra on donations will be used for a gift card.

2) Any and All feel free to send a note or card to Bert (and some indicated they might add a gift card).  I updated his address (to include Appt #) in the messages, and if you need, feel free to message me and I'll pass it along.

Thanks to all, and big thanks to Moon for a great idea.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yes, thanks for the idea.  Hoping we can bring a few moments of smiles for them in this season.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks to AT and Moonlight!

Moonlight, don't make me mail you a check.    Paypal is super easy!

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

I really am hopeless with technology. I would post a pic or a link of the little tree (from plants.com)but of course I can't seem to pull it off.

At any rate...it is cute...and can be planted in the ground or in a bigger pot. I am going to arrange its delivery on Monday, I think. Something unexpected to start his week.

Instead of reimbursing me, just throw a little extra on a gift card for Bert-o. I think, since time is short, if you want to send a gift card, just do so in the card you send. And if you would rather not send money that's ok too...a card with well wishes will mean a lot.  I may try to find some quirky ornament to send with the card...anything that may bring a smile. Or...print a pic of you running or whatever you have, punch a hole in it, put a string in it...he can hang it on the little tree.

I think he will enjoy hearing from us. I sure hope he turns the corner soon.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Cindy, I owe you a beer or two or three and a plate of cookies if we ever get to meet in person.  

I will wander the store and try and find something small and neat to send with a card.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I love the idea of "quirky" ornaments for the little tree.  Bert has a great sense of humor and will love it.  I got a good idea of something to send.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Moonlight, that's wonderful.

In addition to sending individual cards or notes, does anyone want to go in together on an REI or North Face gift card?  So that Bert-o could get something neat when he's ready to go out and about again?  If there's interest, I'll put my email address in the message thread for paypal.

P.S. It's so nice that there are places like RA and our Trailer Trash world on the interwebs, where kindness and generosity still reign.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Moonlight, that's wonderful.

In addition to sending individual cards or notes, does anyone want to go in together on an REI or North Face gift card?  So that Bert-o could get something neat when he's ready to go out and about again?  If there's interest, I'll put my email address in the message thread for paypal.

P.S. It's so nice that there are places like RA and our Trailer Trash world on the interwebs, where kindness and generosity still reign.

I think an REI card is PERFECT and I am happy to kick in.  I was gifted an Amazon card from friends when I had my hip surgery.  I bought a pair of trail shoes with it and it gave me hope that I would run again.

Running is dumb.

Great, I'll put my email over in the message thread.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You may have to PM me individually or add me to the group message.  Moonlight said she had some tech issues and couldn't get NorthernHarrier and I in the original thread.

Running is dumb.

You may have to PM me individually or add me to the group message.  Moonlight said she had some tech issues and couldn't get NorthernHarrier and I in the original thread.

Okay, just PM'd you.

Sandy-2

Wow!!!!  You guys have been very very busy here and in the PMs during the over night.  I'll try to catch up but it's hard while traveling and in all-day meetings, but please know that I am fully on board and will figure out something (maybe including a quirky ornament from a London X-mas market).

Thanks Cindy for kicking this off. 

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will send a card out today; sent Margaret a PayPal to chip in for a REI card

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

I'll sent a card this weekend, no stores near me to buy anything,   I'll also send Margaret money for the REI card.  I love the idea of the little tree.  I'll see if I can print a running pic to include.  If nothing else he can see our smiling faces to cheer him up.

moonlightrunner

I think the pic thing is nice. I hope this all makes his days a bit brighter.

I'll sent a card this weekend, no stores near me to buy anything,   I'll also send Margaret money for the REI card.  I love the idea of the little tree.  I'll see if I can print a running pic to include.  If nothing else he can see our smiling faces to cheer him up.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k