Trailer Trash

Flaky Friday (Read 35 times)

runtraildc

After storms rolling thru most of the night, I slept in instead of my planned a.m. run.  In line with today's flakiness, I'm not committing to anything this afternoon.  Possibilities include a track workout with the kids (who skipped am swim practice, too), strength workout or maybe I'll head straight to happy hour.

good luck to all the racers this weekend!

qotd:  In general, how 'reliable' are you with your running plans, training or just life in general?  I'm somewhere between a type a and a type b, so I like structure and a plan, but I see those as general guidelines to be adapted on a regular basis (i.e. daily).  I'm also a Class A procrastinator, so if something is better done tomorrow....

Trail Monster

Planning on 8 after work.

QOTD: I'm in the middle. I try to get all my prescribed workouts in, just not always on the day it was prescribed. For example, today's 8 should have been done yesterday but I didn't have time and didnt feel well.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

NorthernHarrier

Morning runtrail and everyone else,

Did 7 yesterday in the heat of the day. Boy, that can really sap you sometimes but I got 'er done.  This morning will be an easier run on some hilly ski trails at a westside park. Nothing too extreme.

runtrail-- I vote for happy hour--you get partial credit for just thinking about your workout.

QOTD--I guess I would consider myself extremely reliable but as far as doing a specific workout schedule I won't be. Too many variables in life. I just know that over the course of a week I will get my specific workouts in--speed, distance, hills, etc.

dpc3

Morning folks got in 6 in the early am on the trails. It was nice to watch the sunrise over the Mountains. Gotta love desert color.

QOTD: I like to think I am reliable but would tend to fall in the same category as you runtraildc.

Have a good day all.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning to all.  I had a rain soaking run into work this morning, since my truck is at the garage getting it's yearly inspection.  By the time I got to my office, I wan't even sure I needed a shower.

QOTD:  I'm not too structured anymore.  I have a general game plan and keep close to that, but I've gone out for short runs that have turned into 20 milers and 20 milers that end up being short runs.  Weather plays a big part in changing my running distance.  I moved up a long run a few weeks ago so I could do it on a cooler rainy day.  It was hot and humid the rest of the week.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runner1304

Good Morning everyone!

4.2 last night on a mosquito heavy trail with 50 lunges. Woke up itching like crazy from bug bites. I wish I had remembered some bug spray.

1 mile for tonight and yoga.

QOTD: I usually plan my long runs, which dictates my approximate week total. I let the rest of the miles for the week float based on schedule and how I feel.

03/23/13: Clinton Lake 10 miler

04/07/13: Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k

05/11/13: DWD Gnaw Bone 50k

Morning all. Work/furloughs are killing me. I have not had any free time at all.

URD today. My ITB on my right leg is acting up. My plantar facia has been tight on that foot for the past year and I think the ITB issue is a result of that. I cannot take more than a week off so we'll see how it goes. Might go get a PT 'script and schedule a few massages.

Have a nice weekend all.

qotd: I make a plan and try to stick to it unless injuries, work, or other life issues get in the way.

sugnim

Happy Friday, folks.  Rest day for me, HM on Sunday, cheering on my SO tomorrow as she does a 5K.

Today is the 1st day of the 3rd trimester for my SO who is carrying our son.  I'm so excited!  13 more weeks left until we get to meet him face to face.

QOTD:  Interesting question.  I tend to follow a routine in many areas of my life, so I suppose that makes me "reliable," but I generally don't do any formal training plans or have any structure in my running life.  The closest I come to structure is a long run each weekend, and shorter runs scattered throughout the week, never running 2 days in a row.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Friday, folks.  Rest day for me, HM on Sunday, cheering on my SO tomorrow as she does a 5K.

Today is the 1st day of the 3rd trimester for my SO who is carrying our son.  I'm so excited!  13 more weeks left until we get to meet him face to face.

A 13.1 race and 13 weeks to go.  Good luck on both, but the second one is way better.Smile

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Chnaiur

Planning 3 miles before weights.

QOTD: I like to plan, and am definitely reliable. However, training just isn't my #1 priority right now. Instead, I have full work-family-training integration. That means I follow a general weekly template, but have to improvise and mix-and-match all three areas on a daily basis to get stuff done.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

DigDug2

Slept in this a.m., hope to run on the way home from work this evening.

Sugnim:  good luck on your race, and to your SO on doing a 5K at 26 weeks - your boy will be a born runner!

QOTD:  I'm not much of a detailed planner - my plans to date have been very high level (get my weekly mileage consistently in a certain range, get a weekly long run in, try to get a speed/hill workout in every week).  I'm pretty consistent.

Irish Luck

I'm trying to get my mojo to run one last time on the boardwalk today--5 miles.  Since 3pm Wednesday, the beach has been rainy and blah during daylight hours (dry at night), which gave us a good excuse to go to the movies yesterday, but I'd really like sunny skies for out last day down here.

QOTD: I'm rather type A, but have never followed a plan in preparation for an upcoming race.  That said, my husband is the king of lists, so our weekends are usually "scheduled" (I say that lightheartedly) with chores, runs, social events, relaxing. Since he and I run together, I follow his "schedule" for the weekend runs.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning all.  Nothing for me the last two days.  Yesterday was planned and today...well not so much.  But hoping to get in a couple decent runs this weekend.

QOTD: I have planned before but have a hard time sticking to the plan 100% of the time.  Sometimes it is a general plan and change as I go.  Having said that I think I could do better if I had a more definitive plan.  I am working on a plan to be able to do some races I have in my sights.  I have limited time to work with so the plan needs to be spot on and incorporate some other things (like cross training at home, and stretching). But we'll see how it goes.  I want to get through July feeling good with a general base and then start a plan.  (I may have to work in some "flex" days to account for days like today when I just have a hard time getting out of bed)

Have a great day and good luck racers and pacers! (Watoni, lace, & Sandy...anyone I missed?)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

SRD for me, did about an hour hike on the trails at work.

QOTD For now I make it up as I go, one long run a week and some speed work if I feel like it.  I do like a plan so I don't need to think about stuff, and I always leave an extra two weeks in the plan for injures or when life gets in the way.

Low_O2

Hello all.

8.4 miles for me last night. Legs felt pretty good after being sore for my previous runs this week. Saw quite a few deer, along with the biggest buck I've ever seen on the local trails. Not huge but still nice to look at. Had to pause for a minute to check him out. Lots of bunnies out as well, seems the recent rains are bringing out the critters.

Sandy - I am super jealous of your Hardrock weekend. I would LOVE to do that race one day. Hope it goes well.

QOTD: I am reliable when I make plans, but am not much of a planner in life. Drives my wife crazy, but I don't like to be locked into a plan too far in advance in case something else comes along. As far as running, I am pretty good about mostly sticking to a plan leading up to a race. I am pretty random in where I run and often decide that shortly before heading out.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Good luck to the racers!