Trailer Trash

First Fridaily of The Decade (Read 20 times)

moonlightrunner

I got a nice hike in last night. Tried out my new 180 degree headlamp. I felt I really wanted more lumens. It lights up the trail around me good, but I will want to have a hand held for times I want to see down the trail. Comfortable though. Weight is minimal.

Qotd: plans for the weekend?

Going to see my daughter in Indiana. Hopefully some hiking.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hi and Happy Friday everyone!  To my pleasant surprise, I received a gift card for REI in the mail yesterday for a not-so-unsubstantial amount.  Thank you all so very much for that.  I really needed the morale boost as things have not been going very well lately.  I won't go into details, but the gift card and all the holiday cards and gifts have really helped to keep my head up a bit higher as the days muddle along.  Hopefully, I will have more uplifting news, but I always think of you guys and all your trail escapades!  Happy New Year everyone!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Bert-o...still holding you in my heart.

I did my 30 min last night, it's a rest day today.

qotd: I have 16-20 miles scheduled and a massage.  I need to grocery shop too.  Sunday is off again (cut back week) and Monday I get the SI Joint shot.  I have high hopes.

Moon, last year I got some lights that go on my shoes and combined with my headlamp they worked great even with my less than stellar eyesight.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hi Bert! Thanks for checking in.  2020 will be a good year.  It has to be.

Got in 6 slow miles last night.  Today is a rest day.

Mandy - I watched yet another climbing doc last night.  This was one was short (maybe 25 min) on a guy (I don't remember his name) who free climbed the nose at El Cap - only the fourth person since 1993.

It was good - really cool camera angles as he climbed the most difficult sections. I am fascinated by it.

QOTD: Taking DD to our local HS girls basketball game.  Tomorrow she has her own game.  Otherwise, it's a chill weekend.  I am hoping to get in a decent run tomorrow morning.  Hopefully the rain stops by the time I get out.  I hate running in cold and rainy.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Bert-o thanks for stopping in; I agree 2020 will be a good year for all of us! Smile

strength train yesterday morning and 4 miles on really icy trails w/ Tiny E yesterday afternoon

will hit the trails after lunch sometime

qotd: time to change the oil in both vehicles, other than that not much- was thinking about an overnighter in the Ellkhorns, but calling for high winds- it's been the same forecast for the last three f#cking weeks now! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Hey Bert-o !!!!!!! 

Since today is my SRD, my 2020 running streak ends at an awe inspiring big fat 2. 

Now for some tech questions:

moonlight - what is the make of your new headlamp? Also, what's the battery life like?  I like my 300 lumen BD Spot, but always looking for new options.

dhuff - also (from yesterday) which Garmin did you get? Can you tell yet if the battery time will live up to what they say it will? My FR 230 is hanging in there, but the charging contacts on the watch and the wire are getting wonky so I may update it at some point.

qotd: My DD is doing two rides (50 mi Sat and 25 mi Sun) this weekend so I'm thinking I'll go there on Sat and run trails (while, or after she's done). We might even time it so she can join me to run my last few miles. She needs the training since she's doing the half at the marathon in two weeks.  Then we'll do dinner and I'll drive home.  She'll stay there and do the 25 mi ride on Sunday.  I'll probably just hang out on Sunday.

Oh yeah, there might be some football watching too.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy I got the Garmin Instinct...supposed to have 40 hours in UltraTrac but I haven't tested that yet.  It has a boat load of activities to chose from including the TM, hike, kayak, swim indoor, swim open water, bike indoor and bike outdoor, lots more I'll never use.  Has an altimeter, barometer, tell the temp, rain chances, wind speed, forecast...sunrise and sunset. Course it does the HR too.  I set up some alarms and it shows them when I hit them.  Check out dcrainmakers review.

LB2

I have been way out of the loop lately. Our systems went totally down back in December and just came up the day before we left for break. I have been pretty much off the grid for most of that time. I mostly hunted the entire time I was off. I filled all my deer tags, the last one on a backwater swamp hunt in a place that I didn't know could be that remote outside of the West. We have pretty much been rained in since the 1st. So, the new year is starting off with no running, but we have a lot of deer meat.

Bert-O: I hope you are doing well.

QOTD: I have to work tomorrow. We are having a last minute push for enrollment. We are a little behind the gun on enrollment because the system went down to ransomware at a critical time for registration. Luckily, I have already gotten the bulk of my little campus registered prior to the disaster. We are up and running again, but we have some work to do.

LB2

Sandy-2

Sandy I got the Garmin Instinct...supposed to have 40 hours in UltraTrac ....

Cool, thanks. Let me know how you like it after you've had a chance to do a few outings with it.  I also have some different modes on my watch, but only use the "run" activity. 

I do look at that dcrainmaker site, it's really good.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 5 ish...walked up the long concrete sidewalk before the run which may have been 1/2 a mile.

Berto-  as everyone else said hoping fir the best for you.

Qotd:  I am visiting still and the rest of the weekend will be spent with my good friend.  I think it will also be spent watching her son practice and play hockey.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the Instinct is a watch I've been interested in, not terribly expensive, but does a lot of stuff- be curious how the battery life works for you

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

I'll keep everyone posted on how it does.  It was hard to give up the FR235 as I could charge it while wearing it, this one I can't but I can carry it and charge on the go.  First big test will be the 24 hour race.