Trailer Trash

Sore SaturSundailies (Read 21 times)

Daydreamer1

Did 8.2 miles yesterday.  Most of that was running and I'm certainly not used to that.  Really, really sore already this morning.

Spending the day at work so might get in a parking lot walk. Hoping to be able to get in 2-3 miles. I normally try to get up and walk around 15-20 minutes at a time several times a day when I'm at work.  Makes me feel a lot better then just sitting around.

QOTD:  Trying anything new these days?  Running related or not.

DW has been experimenting with some recipes again.  She tried to make some new cookie bars several weeks ago and went through 3 different batches until  she found one that was good.

For running and biking I'm trying out some sun sleeves.  Got two different brands, Coolibar and Outdoor Research.  Reviews are mixed at this time. Not warm enough to be arm warmers but definitely warmer then the advertisements lead you to believe.  Not sure they will be good for running but might be OK for biking.  So far I've worn one of each on different arms and they both seem about the same. Once it gets warmer I'll even try a sleeve on one arm and my heavy sunscreen on the other and see which is cooler and if there is a difference in protection.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

DD1, I feel for you. I was a little sore after my 12-mile run with Sandy - it was my longest run in a while with a lot of uphill, so I know what you're talking about.

Survived the PSU graduation day at work and now heading out for a short run. It should be nice, and I'm hoping my boys will join me on their bikes.

QOTD: No. Same old boring things as usual. I think I might be a creature of habit. 

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Up early cleaning the clean aka getting the house ready  for an open house.  Cut back weekend so 13 tomorrow.

qotd: My husband made some crack about my Midwest cooking so I tried some new recipes...both fails 🤮.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Underachieving today, just too nice to feel like doing anything productive. Walleye fished this morning for a bit since it's opening day and did an 8 mile run at a very modest pace and now it's time for a beer or several. 

Sue-- retirement is good, let me just say. I'm having issues even remembering what day it is as it really doesn't matter.

Runtrail--glad to hear you're going after Bar Harbor. I have a very short list of road marathons I still might want to do and that's one of the two. Great time of year to up there.

QOTD-can't think of anything off hand. I too am boring.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

fishing and an 8 mile run...sounds like a perfect day...doing stuff is overrated.  Looking forward to some kick back days.  Mom asked me what I would do my first day and I said sit on the deck and read a book!

Underachieving today, just too nice to feel like doing anything productive. Walleye fished this morning for a bit since it's opening day and did an 8 mile run at a very modest pace and now it's time for a beer or several. 

Sue-- retirement is good, let me just say. I'm having issues even remembering what day it is as it really doesn't matter.

Runtrail--glad to hear you're going after Bar Harbor. I have a very short list of road marathons I still might want to do and that's one of the two. Great time of year to up there.

QOTD-can't think of anything off hand. I too am boring.

LB2

I ran 5 on Saturday, and I'll get some more mileage today, maybe 2. It will be hiking because this is the last day of turkey season. I don't know if I have ever been so happy to see something that I love end. This has been the worst season I have had in many ways since about '03.

QOTD: Nothing comes to mind.

LB2

Sandy-2

SRD yesterday and then did 6 mi in the glorious 55 deg pouring rain this morning.  Preferable conditions than home.

Were going to search out out some pizza on the Jersey shore and then tonight I get on the plane to Mumbai and my DW gets on the plane home.

qotd: nothing comes to mind, but this will be my first trip to India.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well 3 days and 10 lbs later, appears I'm among the living again Smile  got 4 miles in on the trails with Tiny E yesterday- seeing yellow bells, shooting stars, phlox now joining the crocus (Pasque flower)

qotd: I'm experimenting w/ a new shelter- a Gatewood Cape- wear it like a poncho if needed, set iy as shelter at night, about as bare bones as one can get (13 oz for a shelter AND rain gear!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

7 miles this morning in the rain, with the training group. I've never been a big group runner until the last couple of years, but I can see this will be a good thing as the miles get longer/harder. While we were on pavement, it was a paved trail through rock creek park so not terrible.

NH_You should run it this fall!  I have never really been seriously interested in a road marathon, except for a couple and this is one of them. Running along the ocean cliffs, fall foliage and lobster dinners (with beer, of course). It basically has everything.

qotd: marathon training, I guess.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

NH_You should run it this fall!  I have never really been seriously interested in a road marathon, except for a couple and this is one of them. Running along the ocean cliffs, fall foliage and lobster dinners (with beer, of course). It basically has everything.

I ran that to celebrate my 70th BD.  Great weekend overall and we hit the peak of the fall colors that year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

4 Miles walking in loops at work yesterday and 4.2 on the TM at home today. REally wanted to get out for 6 miles but it's a steady rain here with a temp of about 59-61. Not bad, but just couldn't get myself to go out in it.

Warden -  That looks pretty minimalistic.  Should be great for a overnight fast packing trip as long as it's not too windy.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 Miles walking in loops at work yesterday and 4.2 on the TM at home today. REally wanted to get out for 6 miles but it's a steady rain here with a temp of about 59-61. Not bad, but just couldn't get myself to go out in it.

Warden -  That looks pretty minimalistic.  Should be great for a overnight fast packing trip as long as it's not too windy.

yeah- definitely not something you'd want above treeline in a storm 

6 miles and just shy of 2000' for Tiny E and I today

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

My airport series continues.  This one....  a rainy day at Newark.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day today.

Rain and drizzle, but not cold, maybe I’ll go for an evening walk with DD.

Warden: I had such a raincoat/shelter when I was hiking in Germany, but never actually used it as a shelter. Served me well as a rain poncho, though. These things are very durable, light and pack small. I had it with me on every hike, just in case, as it did not take up much space in the backpack.

Traildc: nice path, especially in the spring!

Looking forward to two days off in a row now, I haven’t had that in three months now and only got it because I could swap shifts with a coworker. Outsmarted the system, I guess.  

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No Tim since his fall Tuesday...what’s up Tim????

• beautiful run today along the river...11 miles