Trailer Trash

Pajama Party Wednesdailies (Read 22 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

8 on hard trail tonight.  One of these days, I should take a video of this trail because it has quite a lot of interesting terrain that one wouldn't think would be in mid-Long Island.  And it really kicks the shit out of me.

Daydreamer - Thanks for the suggestion for DS yesterday.  That's an excellent idea for him to get a taste for something before one goes full on committed about it.  I will definitely have that discussion with him, but not make him feel pressured to do it.

QOTD:  (completely optional to answer )  What do you wear when you sleep at night?

I just go to bed with boxers and and old t-shirt (not one used for running).  Since I usually run in the evenings, I shower and put on clean clothes when I go to bed.  When I was single in the past though, I'd sleep in my birthday suit.  Ah, the freedom!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

runtraildc

Gym yesterday-- a short treadmill run and strength. It had been awhile (several months) since I've been to the gym, which is unlike me, but there you go. New treadmills came while I was out and they were nice. Not only could I run on a trail in Bali, I could go downhill. I dislike the treadmill as much as anyone, but these were nice features. I held a faster pace than usual. It was nice to look at a moving trail over the news.

qotd: t-shirt and yoga pants. Does anyone sleep in their clean running stuff to get a head start on a morning run? I tried it once. Nope.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A very nice night to run last evening.  I got in 6+ on a combo of jeep trails and paved trails.  I would have loved to just keep running.  Weather was so nice.  I was sweating but not an obnoxious amount when it is humid out.

I have a chiro appt. today.  My back and leg just are not getting better.  I cannot take the pain (shooting pain down the back of my leg) anymore.  I hate having to go but nothing else is working.

DC - those are really nice features on the TM.  If you have to run on a dreadmill, might as well have some nice scenery. 

Bert-o - TMI buddy!!!

QOTD: But I will answer.  In summer, usually just shorts.  Winter, I bundle up.  I need to be warm.  Our house is a little drafty.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Damn. Thought with the thread title there would be more pictures of the Cougar Party.  Instead, now I can't get the picture of Bert sleeping in his boxers out of my head. 

No run today. Office lunch.  One of my former nurses lost her husband 2 weeks ago and we're taking her out to lunch. (We're as in I pay and everyone is happy.)

QOTD:  I sleep just like the old Jim Palmer ads.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I slept a little late this morning, so I did some weightlifting instead of running. It was good. I will try to do that at least twice a week from here to eternity.

QOTD: I sleep in boxers.

QOTD2: I have slept in running shorts to get a head start on the run, or to make up for hitting snooze that second time.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny Elvis got a SRD yesterday, I ran 8 miles- pretty evening, 70 degrees with a slight breeze

strength train this evening

qotd: I also sleep like the Jim Palmer ads, just minus the jockeys 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Hi, My name is Lazarus. You know, the guy in the bible who died and came back to life.  I've been pushing things a little hard for one so old , working 60-70 hour weeks lately.  Got out of bed this morning feeling rather decent. Decided to actually get some things done around the house. Walked into our bedroom to use the bathroom, walked out and collapsed on the bed and died fora hour or two.  Came back to life feeling pretty decent, walked to the living room and collapsed on the couch and died again for 2 hours. Now I'm back to life feeling pretty good.  Guess I should quit working so much .

Now my DW is making me hitch up the trailer and get some mulch. After that it's doing some weedwacking.  Running or biking??  Not likely, too much other stuff to get caught up on.

QOTD:  Just had to post because of the question.   If I ever ended up needing pajamas I have no idea where to even buy them .  Haven't worn them since I was oh, maybe 16. Certainly didn't start after I was married. I was going to ask Bert-o why he changed what he wore after getting married but decided not to .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Little over six with friends.  We had been finishing so early that we moved the start time to 6:30.  So of course someone new shows up who is slower so was late heading back home.  Then hit the construction on my street and wait 15 minutes before they let me through.  Little late for work.

QOTD:  It depends on my mood   and how much I have drank   meaning anything from nude to all my clothing.   just kidding on the second one...that rarely happens.  Jamie bottoms and a wife beater...whoops I mean tank top.

DD:  Wow!  you needed some zzzzz...so

runtrail:  I need to get back to the gym too.  I have thought about wearing clean running clothes to bed in the winter to make it easier but never have.

Looking good AT Image result for jim palmer ads

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

runtrail - I've never gone to bed wearing running clothes.  But I will neither confirm nor deny applying Bodyglide before going to bed. 

Dr Jamie - Hope the chiro went well today.  Very frustrating!  Do you think it's a sciatic nerve?

AT - You're a good man taking everyone out to lunch.  And I suppose we're even, because I can't un-google the Jim Palmer ads. 

Lazarus - Wow, that's a lot of working!  Hope you get a break soon.  And yes, best not to ask, haha!

Sue - I won't ask how you got Jamie's bottoms, but I suspect way before my time here.  I love the wife beater, but my wife would beat me if I went to bed in one!

LB2 - Until eternity?  That's quite a commitment, no?

warden - I can't un-google Jim Palmer minus the jockeys.  Thanks man.

3/17 - NYC Half

Sandy-2

Yesterday's run after work was a killer, so freaking hot (oh yeah) in perfect running weather. I ended up doing 3 miles due to a time constraint.

Most likely taking an URD today.  I may run in the late evening, but probably not, so I'll take Friday's SRD today.

qotd: underwear (boxer briefs) and sometimes a tee-shirt. I have never slept in running stuff.

(Great - now you've done it...  I'm getting all these underwear adds popping up.)

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I can't wait for the underwear ads to start popping up for me... no pun intended.

(Great - now you've done it...  I'm getting all these underwear adds popping up.)

Sandy-2

one wouldn't think would be in mid-Long Island.  And it really kicks the shit out of me.

Hey Bert-o, what part of LI is that?  I grew up in Sayville, we used to run X-C in Sunken Meadow SP which had a little hill.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hmmmm

runtrail - I've never gone to bed wearing running clothes.  But I will neither confirm nor deny applying Bodyglide before going to bed. 

Sandy-2

I can't wait for the underwear ads to start popping up for me... no pun intended.

tbd.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hey Bert-o, what part of LI is that?  I grew up in Sayville, we used to run X-C in Sunken Meadow SP which had a little hill.

It's the Nassau-Suffolk Greenbelt Trail.  I start near Plainview.  If I head south to Bethpage Park, it's pretty easy going.  If I head north toward Cold Spring Harbor there are a lot of small but steep hills with exposed rocks and tree roots.  I can get about 1,000 ft of climbing in 8 miles this direction.

3/17 - NYC Half