Trailer Trash

Ticky Tuesday (Read 20 times)

LB2

I ran a really muggy run this morning, only 2.5 miles. My legs were super tired for the first 2 miles. I only got about a 1/2 mile of what I felt like was great running.

QOTD: Have you found any ticks on you or any other critter stories for the summer yet?

Yesterday, I found a tick on my. I expected that because I ran through some higher grass on one part of the trail. This morning, I looked like that girl on Jumanji when the bats came out of the chimney, except it was horseflies. They are normally just about gone at the end of May, but it seems like they just showed up in force this morning. Last year, they were a little late, but were gone by mid-June. I am thinking they may hang around until the end of June this year.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Had a nice weekend.  DC Zoo on Saturday. Pool and relaxing on Sunday.  A nice 4+ mile run Monday followed by a picnic.  I am trying to catch up on weekend activities.  Warden is done? or almost done? DC got a pup - and I concur with Sandy it should be pronounced Chowdah (with a Boston accent).  Sandy, DD, and dhuff at the same race.  Sorry dhuff about the migraine.  They suck big time.  I am sure I missed something...

QOTD: Not for me but that is what happens when you aren't running and/or running pavement.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Yesterday’s trip to the gym with my DW worked wonders, feeling really good today.  I think the protein in the monstrous ribeye I had yesterday might have helped too.  I will likely walk/jog a few very easy miles after work today.  Either that or wash the car since it’s a bit trashed from the weekend.

mt – Contrats on the finish. I’ll bet it was really epic.  Looking forward to the report and pics.  I was telling my DD about your trek while we were on our first loop this weekend and she wants to see the photos too.

AT – nice job on the 50k.  You did that on the track or a park loop?  Either way sounds painful, but I guess it’s great mental training.

Gatsby – to answer your question from yesterday, yes my DD is doing TRT 100.  She’s going to the doctor to get her knee checked out today or tomorrow.  Hopefully it’s just a minor thing. By the way you had a friend doing Possum?  You should have “introduced us”, how’d she do?

moonlight – I hear that wine does help knees feel better….  at least for a while.  I’m not going to tell my DD about that though.

qotd: yeah I found a tick crawling up my leg a few weeks ago.  It hadn’t taken hold yet.  I did the old split the thing in two with my fingernail trick. Hate those suckers.

tbd.

runtraildc

Morning all. Haven't run since Saturday. My excuses are twofold: stomach issues and a puppy that is consuming a lot of time. Turns out I am currently his favorite person, and doesn't like it when I'm not nearby (i.e. upstairs or in the basement, grocery shopping, etc.). And he has some fear/shyness issues we're working on.  Will run today and it will be hot. The new brewery run is tonight so I'm planning to go.

qotd: Not yet, but I usually don't.  I'm pretty careful about wiping down after a run and showering down soon after getting back. With the pup though, might get interesting. He'll probably get a Lyme vaccination when he gets fixed.

AT-runner

Tim

Easy run today in some sticky conditions.  Going to get near 90* today with humid conditions. That means thunderstorm season is here.  Legs feel pretty good from my long run.  Feel like I have a cold now, and that's not supposed to start until the last week of a taper. WTF.

Went to Reagan Airport to pick up DD#1 and took her to dinner, before we dropped her off at her apartment for the next 3 weeks. She has training in Tysons Corner, VA, so we'll get to see her a few times until we head to Oregon where we were supposed to go and see her.

Warden - it was fun watching your path. Congratulations.

Jamie - sounds like a nice weekend. Take it easy on your comeback.

Sandy - need a buckle picture.  1.55 mile paved loop at a park. 90' of elevation per loop, which is why the 24 and 48 hr events here (Sole Challenge) never took off. That 90' adds up after many hours.

dc - good luck with the training. Still need that picture (I'll ask before Sue does.)

dhuff - sorry about the migraine. Not fun.

QOTD:  Yes. I've pulled off 4 tics already this year, none had taken a hold yet, just moving around.  2 were from the same run.  My quest to knock down all of the spider webs that cross PA trails is still underway. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

warden - Congrats!  Definitely looking forward to the report and pics.

Sandy - Great job on that race!  Sorry to hear about DD, but it sounded like the right decision.

dhuffman - Sorry to hear about your race.  I hope you're resting well and looking forward to the next one.

Dr J - Glad you're having fun in DC!

runtrail - Yes, we need a pic of Chowdah!

AT - Nice job on that 50K!  Sorry to hear you're coming down with something.  Hope it's not too serious.  Fingers crossed for you!

LB2 - I feel like everything has shifted by a month in terms of seasonal changes.  Sorry to hear about the horseflies.

QOTD:  Nothing yet (knock on wood), but I'm pretty paranoid of ticks.

Finally caught a decent fish near our cabin.  And we cooked this beauty of a brown trout for dinner the same day.  Can't get much fresher that this!   Oh yeah, the t-shirt was to support warden. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

runtraildc

Meet Chowder (or Chowdah)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today...maybe yoga and pilates...then yard work.  Yard work is no longer a chore....

qotd:  pulled one off my friend the other day ...of course consistently removing them from the dogs.  I had a little poison oak rash on my arm and in my hair which was weird.  I think a spider attacked me in my sleep because I have 4 itchy bites on my arms.

AT: Actually DC shared a picture of chowdah when the adoption was pending.

DC:  Of course you’re his favorite.  Wait until you start running him.

Berto:  Nice fish.  So keep track if the number of fish you catch with the $ you spent.  So that fish dinner cost you $1,000 

Jamie: Long run! 

Sandy:  Are you wearing that belt at work today?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Meet Chowder (or Chowdah)

He's beautiful!    Is he home with you now?

Also, not sure if anyone else is an old school Simpsons fan, but...

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready to head out. I just got dizzy, I discovered that I'll have 3 days off in a row this coming weekend. I can't remember when such a thing happened last, must be at least six months, probably more. It's about every 3-4 months that I get even just 2 days off in a row, and now this. Now I'm starting to wonder, is this a reward for working every holiday, or do they want to get rid of me? 

I worked yesterday, too, and so did my youngest DS. He was at a blacksmith's workshop at the Memorial Day festival, and he hammered and twisted hot iron and operated the bellows for more than an hour. He loved it.

warden: Congratulations on the finish, awesome!

traildc: Nice puppy, so cute. Go Chowdah!

Berto: Great fish! Now if you catch a second one, it cuts the cost in half, only $500 for this one! (But hey, the fun is definitely worth it!)

QOTD: Not yet, and hopefully none for the rest of the season.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Chowdah is so cute!!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Chowdah is so cute!!

+1 !!!

Mandy - Love the Simpsons!

Sue & FTYC - Yes, I have a lot more fish to catch to make it financially justifiable.  But this catch is priceless. 

Of course, I tried to tell DW to dress appropriately for fishing, but she obviously had her own idea. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I love that photo, Berto.  Your wife is super cool.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

AT: see RR (RR in record time I think.)

Bert-o:  Great photo of Ms. Bert-o.

runtrail: cute pup, hope he likes his name...  sorry about the Boston/Simpson "ah", but it looks like it fits. 

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

AT: Actually DC shared a picture of chowdah when the adoption was pending.

Yes, but for people who are still working, it's really hard remembering what went on in the previous dailies.  

Chowder has a cute face.

Mandy - Bert's wife is way cooler than he is.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!