Trailer Trash

Bear 100 RR- Deeply Sorry for the Delay. I was tired... (Read 51 times)

Occasional Runner

Simply put, this was the toughest race of my life. I tried to keep it as short as possible, but it's hard to describe a 100 mile race in 20 words or less. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/09/2013-bear-100.html

Birdwell

That's a good looking buckle.

Great job!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, sounds like you found your ultimate challenge so far. Great job working through it, through the cold, the mud, the mountains, and the wind.

Thanks for sharing your RR, and all the wonderful pictures!

Run for fun.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Great job.

Who takes all the pictures, I don't know why I haven't asked that before.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Chnaiur

Great job, and you make the race sound awesome! It seems to have everything I look for in my running. Its just a tad too far still :-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Occasional Runner

Thanks.

I take a lot of the trail and scenery pictures (because I have so much time on my hands). Jo takes the pictures of me running and at the aid stations. I think, or assume, a lot of people visit my blog and skim the report but like to see photos, so I make sure to have some content for them.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

"We tackled that ascent like two turtles stampeding through peanut butter."

Best description ever.

LB2

You know my thoughts on the report. But, I just have to say that I am truly happy that you enjoyed this race. The place is just amazing. Tony Grove lake is one of most beautiful places I have ever seen. I saw my first, and only, bull moose at Tony Grove when I was up there. Dana Miller told me that he once came through Tony Grove and was so beat down that he laid in the back of his vehicle for an hour and 45 minutes before he could continue. That area is magical, and I think that race is the epitome of what a mountain race should be. I need to run it one year, but it sure is hard to train for that type of race down here in Louisiana.

LB2

Occasional Runner

You know my thoughts on the report. But, I just have to say that I am truly happy that you enjoyed this race. The place is just amazing. Tony Grove lake is one of most beautiful places I have ever seen. I saw my first, and only, bull moose at Tony Grove when I was up there. Dana Miller told me that he once came through Tony Grove and was so beat down that he laid in the back of his vehicle for an hour and 45 minutes before he could continue. That area is magical, and I think that race is the epitome of what a mountain race should be. I need to run it one year, but it sure is hard to train for that type of race down here in Louisiana.

LB- I have no memory of Tony Grove at all. I had to ask Jo where the pictures were taken. I know I had a lot of friends at that aid station because I can remember their faces, but that's about all I remember. Maybe I should go back there someday when I'm not so rushed.

muppy

Nice job Kelly, sounds like it got tough out there and you pushed through it, congratulations!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I liked hearing about your competition of 2.  I'm sure that made the day more special and memorable than just doing it to do it.  Keep up the good work on beating the crap out of yourself for my/our reading pleasure!  This will be an annual event for you?

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

I liked hearing about your competition of 2.  I'm sure that made the day more special and memorable than just doing it to do it.  Keep up the good work on beating the crap out of yourself for my/our reading pleasure!  This will be an annual event for you?

It might be. I need to see how it fits into the calendar. If I had to, I would stop running Leadville so I could run this race, but the two races don't really conflict that much. But I do plan to run it again next year. I want a much faster time.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

"We tackled that ascent like two turtles stampeding through peanut butter."

Best description ever.

+1

Amazing job Kelly.  Reports like this inspire me to keep going when I'm hurting, and toughen myself up so that one day I can run at least a flat 100.

Good thing you didn't get chicked.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

RabbitChaser

Great job Kelly! That looks like a beautiful course! A friend of mine ran it as well and also really enjoyed it. Congratulations on grinding it out and not succumbing to the allure of the Beaver Lodge aid station. Thanks for sharing the report and pictures.

Eric

Sandy-2

Great run !!!  Also cool how your friend Brita "pushed" you.

This one has been on my radar for a while, I think I just may have to figure out a way to get it on the schedule.

Thanks for the RR.

tbd.