Trailer Trash

Sweaty Sundailies (Read 34 times)

Morning all!

I'm up bright and early with some time to kill before leaving for the 50k. I'm pretty pumped about it, and luckily a couple of my (very fast) friends will be running the 25k option.

QOTD: What's your favorite beer? I purchased one of mine for post-race, Bell's Two-hearted ale. It's a lovely, understated yet strong IPA.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

7 easy under the full moon into the sunrise. Now off to work.

T&C: Good luck for the Dirty German!

QOTD: I prefer dark Weizen, like Franziskaner. But I usually forget to drink it after a race because I'm either too tired, or too excited to remember.

Have a wonderful Sunday, trailers!

Run for fun.

I went for a 6 mile trail run this lovely cool morning.  The pooch sat it out again.  I am starting to worry about her a bit, but she seems fine other than not wanting to run.  She plays with my daughter's dog and seems to be eating and drinking fine.  She will see the vet if this skipping of runs continues when we don't have anyone visiting.  I told her that she can have a vacation while we have company but after that she needs a note from her doctor Smile

QOTD: Sadly I can't drink beer since a surgery I had a few years ago.  The carbonation is just too much.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Did 63.5 miles at the sole Challenge adventure race.  100k was my goal distance and I reached that at 2:45 this morning, so took a nice nap and did one more lap this morning.  I ran with DW for a while and she did 52 miles for a distance PR.  Windy day and night with 25 mph winds gusting to 35.  Ours was one of only 3 tents that stayed up.  Feet are bruised from running on the ASS-phalt.  I HATE asphalt!!!  Full moon last night was great.  Lungs felt pretty good.  I'll do a RR later.

Have a great day.

QOTD:  A Cold one. Big grin  Currently Full Sail Black Lager, but I change my mind frequently.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

under a rock

5 trail miles this morning. We didn't realize that they were holding a race there today. We ran early enough that we were done way before race start time. So we got to enjoy the race atmosphere without the pain and torture.

QOTD: I like dark beers, for the most part. I can't narrow it down to just one. My favorite beers are Deschutes Black Butte Porter, Full Sail's Session's Black Lager,  Mc Menamin's Terminator Stout, and Pike's Kilt Lifter Scotch Ale. Sadly I can't get the Deschutes or Mc Menamins's around here but I can get the Pike's and Full Sail.

Brian Runner

Headed out to Mt Pisgah State Park this afternoon to do a couple thousand feet worth of climbing with a friend. Pretty tired after yesterday's 20, so the pace should be pretty mellow.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

TnC- good luck w/ your race!

AT- congrats to you and your DW- my shins hurt just looking at asphalt Smile

got an easy 6 miles in this morning along the Yellowstone, I was pretty sore most of yesterday and night from my long run, but surprisingly felt pretty good this morning Smile  ran w/ my new N1's, so far so good

qotd: it's summertime, so I have to vote for Leine Summer Shandy- like drinking a refreshing glass of lemonade, only better Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Sweaty is right.  Soaked in sweat again this morning.  Did 15 miles early on the greenbelt trail.  After yesterday's 21 I was going t take it easy.  But then met up with two guys who are low 3 and sub 3 marathoners, they were jogging slow and I was grunting it out just to keep up.  Then when they started to talk about their latest 5k efforts (16s and 17s) they started automatically picking it up, that's when I told them I'd meet them at the end of the loop for coffee.

I'm joining my DW at the gym a little later, gonna climb the stairs for 45 min to an hour.  Just more slow grinding.

qotd: I tend to like anything that is on the dark side.

tbd.

Snowdenrun

Ran 14.4 yesterday for my long run of the week. It's been a few weeks since I've ran that distance and I am feeling it today. Planning on 5 or so to loosen up some.

QOTD: I don't really have a favorite beer. I love microbrews. I'm partial to New Belgium brews if I don't see a mircobrew I want. There is a brewery in town called the Baranof Island Brewing Company and man is it good. I just like beer.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Got up and out to the Palisades Park this morning for ~9.  Beautiful blue skies, temps in the low 60's, just enough mud to remind you that you're trail running...perfect.  A lady called me a show-off when I passed her running up some stairs...icing on the cake Smile.

QOTD: Guinness is in the fridge.  I like dark beers.

**Ask me about streaking**

Low_O2

5.1 easy run/walk miles while pushing DS in the stroller this morning. Made the dog sit this one out (he was not happy about it though) as he has a sore paw from yesterdays rocky run. Seems my IT band is not happy about my change to more vertical on my long runs the last few weeks, it was hurting me today. Gonna try to get out for a hike with DS in the backpack later today for some more climbing.

QOTD: Don't really have a favorite, but prefer a dark brew most of the time.

Daydreamer1

Snuck in a 13 miler this afternoon. Saw a beautiful black bear. About 300-400 lbs with a very shiny coat. Unfortunately it was on the way to the trail on a major road so I couldn't stop to watch it. On the trail I ran into a Sasquatch hunter. He was about 8-10 years old and really wanted to know if I had ever seen Sasquatch. Seemed like he was into the Sasquatch hunting show on Animal Planet. Based on where he and his family were on the trail, they were going to get in a good 5 mile hike in today so while it was amusing at least he was getting exercise.  Now it's back to work again for the night.

QOTD: I don't really like alcohol in any form therefore I have no favorite drinks, beer or otherwise.

Brian Runner

Ended up running with a group of 5 this afternoon. Three of them are winding down their prep for next weekend's Rothrock 30k. We did 7 miles and 1,700ft of climb. Took our time on the way up, taking in the clear views on this sunny day before blasting back down the mountain at an absurd pace.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Dirty german 50k - COMPLETE

RR will follow eventually.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Occasional Runner

Dirty german 50k - COMPLETE

RR will follow eventually.

Nice. Good job!