Trailer Trash

Waiting for Wednesdailie (Read 18 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I’m west coast so why am I starting the dailies?  Ran 6 miles with the group this morning.  It was a new trail for our weekly runs... mostly up and than turn. Around and come down.

qotd: you can have a gift card for $5,000 what store would you get it at? I’d get it for REI

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Because the rest of us are at work? 

I went climbing last night.  Real fun time with a bunch of folks from the gym.  SRD today.  Trying to rest my hip - it's been really bad lately.

QOTD:  While I could always easily drop a bunch of cash at REI, I have most everything I need in regards to camping.  I can always use more bikes though, so I'm picking my local bike store!

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

I'm going to jog/walk after work today, probably do 3 miles.  I ended up vacuuming out the car yesterday, didn't wash the outside because we're expecting some heavy rain tonight and tomorrow.

Recovery is going well, I'm still in the "eat everything in sight" mode.    Which is bad because I brought in donuts today since as of today I've been working here for 40 years.  Holly Crap can you believe that?

qotd: Toyota.  I'm thinking about getting a 4runner.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Because the rest of us are recovering from work .  Worked 24 on Monday and 12 last night. Should still be in bed but for some reason I can't sleep.  Guess I'll load up on caffeine and go mow the yard and field before the next round of monsoonal storms comes through.

Saturday DW and I went to Johnstown and did a 12k.  She didn't want to be last so she had started to incorporate a little bit of running in her walking.  Worked out quite well for her.  In the early going she'd walk 4/10ths of a mile then run a 1/10th.  After 5 miles I cut her loose to run all she wanted.  There were two ladies in front of us who were mostly walking until someone would get close to them then they would jog to keep ahead. That got DW's competitive juices flowing and she decided to pass them so she just started chugging along. Passed them and they chased for awhile then gave up.  Gotta say DW has a nice running stride. It's a shame she hasn't been running for years.  She wasn't even sore the next day.

Congrats to all the others who raced this past weekend even for those who had to drop out.  I always say it's better to take a DNF then a DNS.  Not that that is always the case.

QOTD: If it has to be a store card it would probably be Cabelas/Basspro.  Right now I need a nice gun safe and I think they have some nice ones that are made in the U.S.A.  Of course I wouldn't spend all of that on a safe, so there would be plenty  left over for guns and accessories and maybe a new grill or smoker.  Already spent a bunch on my new mountain bike so I wouldn't need anything in that department.

moonlightrunner

Queen: you are starting today...because you are a queen! Glad the 6 was fun.

I ran hiked last night...and things were ok...I will be running/hiking with my brace on and hoping for the best.

Qotd: Amazon...lol!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

moonlightrunner

Mandy: if you end up out at the race I am working the aid station at hwy ZZ...MILE 26 AND 36. Would love to meet you. I will be the old blond who was caught in a lawn mower with hair that makes me look like an old man. Likely the only person wearing a god awful bulky knee brace.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Took a TURD today. Really hot and humid and I wasn't feeling like I needed to run, so it's rest day.

Sue - all the East Coast people have run out of questions, so feel free to lead off.

QOTD:  Moon took my answer, Amazon.  That would be 500-1000 books if I buy on sale.   

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

Did 4 on the TM last night.  Was going to go to the gym for 3 but it's storming out and I don't like lightening.  Have a chiro tonight after work so today is a TURD.  Life is getting in the way of building miles...arg.    I have 93 days to get my shit together.

qotd: Lowes to finish paying for the interior safe room I'm buying for DD and family.  Been too many close calls this year and my DGD is too precious to me for her to be hiding in a bathtub.

XtremeTaper

Back from the land of being unplugged (for the most part) for a long holiday weekend. I did some browsing here on my phone but I don't type well on that thing other than short texts so no posts. Congrats to all the racers, Sandy, Warden, AT (50k loop de'loop right), and sorry for the issues DHuffman. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Edit. Oh yeah... runtrail congrats on the new springer! Rescue or puppie?

I don't know if you remember my pool saga from last week, but life is sure funny. All the equipment was dead last Monday, and I was in freak out mode as I could not get a repairman out for several weeks and I had company coming for Memorial Day weekend with small kids who love to swim and flop about in the water. I need the equipment running to filter the water obviously and also to run the heater to get the pool up from frigid to a comfortable temp for the kids. I know, first world problems but since we get company and host a big family party maybe once a year I wanted everything right. So I had diagnosed the problem to one or two parts and when the one part (power control board) came on Wednesday and didn't solve the problem I ordered the second part, a power transformer. I was stressed all week but on Friday the second part came in an voila I had a power again after fiddling around (and not electrocuting myself!) to all the pool equipment but my pool heater. I was pretty flummoxed and stressed as Saturday everyone would be here and it was just 12 hours away. Angus volunteered to come over Saturday AM and help me diagnose the issues and remount all the new boards and electrical components. We spent a good 2 hours or more trying to get power to the heater, assuming it was an issue with new power control board and wiring. Well, we took a step back, followed a troubleshooting document I found on-line for the heater and on step 10 we found a fuse that had blown. This heater has a few circuit boards and years ago it was notorious for blowing a particular fuse but this was a different circuit board and fuse. A trip to the auto supply shop to pick a 3 amp fuse and we were good to go. I am so thankful for having such a smart and patient friend. I had about given up on the issue. The funny thing to this story is my wife all week was a calm as could be saying it will all work out while I was stressing, and just as Angus and I finished up the repairs my first set of family arrived. It was sort of crazy timing.

Ok, sorry. That is a completely non-running ramble.

I totally slacked on running over the weekend except for Monday where I slogged 5 miles through the neighborhood early morning while everyone was sleeping. The weekend went great with just some brief rain Sunday afternoon that let up after a half hour and we were able to enjoy our BBQ and sister's birthday cake outdoors. Monday was super great weather too for the pool and morning golf. Everyone left yesterday and now we are back to our quiet normal boring life. 

I did get the Lady out yesterday afternoon for 6.5 miles or so at Birdsboro watershed. It was warm and humid after morning rain and before the evening storms. She did pretty good with the heat but I was slogging about and hiking some as well. My knee and some other tendon is causing me some fits again.

Today was gym stuff and might do a short run tonight or lawn mowing session.

QOTD: LOL. Perhaps a pool supply store to update all my fancy automation gizmos or an electrical contractor to redo the whole system.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Easy run this morning. I drenched pretty heavy on the Off Cutter, and it kept the horseflies at bay pretty well.

QOTD: I would probably go with Academy. I can get good running clothes and pretty much anything I need for hunting and fishing at more reasonable prices than Cabelas/Basspro. But Cabelas/Basspro would be a close second choice.

LB2

runtraildc

Ran 4 miles last night with the brewery group. It was 85 and it sucked. I really struggled and couldn't think it just was the heat. Guess what, I'm sick today (sore throat, cold) so that was in part why it sucked so much. The beer afterwards was good.

Edit. Oh yeah... runtrail congrats on the new springer! Rescue or puppie?

Thanks! a puppy. It's DH's first dog and I thought I could lessen the risk of a dog with issues if we started young. Well ha, the jokes on me as he's been very nervous around everything and won't leave the end of the driveway for a neighborhood walk. He seems to be coming out of his shell though.  He met a friend last night and didn't run away from her.

DD- Congrats to DW on her race!

qotd: probably a furniture store. I'd like to replace a few things and $5k doesn't go as far as I need. Can I have 10K?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Probably get out for 2 tonight depending on storms we get or don't get.

Sue - everyone just wanted to give you the pleasure of starting the dailies and I echo what AT said.  We are running out of questions.  God forbid we go back mustard vs. mayo?

dhuff - how ya feeling?

QOTD: I like the ideas of Amazon and Lowes.  We spend lots of money at both so can't go wrong.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy: if you end up out at the race I am working the aid station at hwy ZZ...MILE 26 AND 36. Would love to meet you. I will be the old blond who was caught in a lawn mower with hair that makes me look like an old man. Likely the only person wearing a god awful bulky knee brace.

So far it's looking like I won't be heading out that way on Saturday, but I will be sure to PM you if something changes!  Are you planning to do the fun run, or be smart and skip it?

Running is dumb.

dhuffman63

Trails

Jamie, got rid of the headache yesterday.  Annoyed though...I'm ready to up my pitiful miles in prep for the 24 hour but I keep getting new projects at work, shitty weather still, life just getting in my way...lol.  Talk about first world problems.  My back is a bit sore even though I managed not to fall this time, probably from sitting too much.  How are you doing?

AT I'm thankful for the Kindle Unlimited I have as I go through a book every 3 days it seems.  The next town over's library is rather small and I've found they will have a series but will be missing a book which makes for some frustration.  Our "town" only has a post office.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Mustard, hands down!  I'm sure Sue is with me on that.

Mandy - Glad to hear you had a good time climbing and with some buddies.  Hope your hip feels better soon.

Sandy - Sounds like you're recovering well if you're planning on a few miles today.  And good for you to get donuts for the office even it took 40 years!

Daydreamer - Nice to hear about the running progress with DW!

moonlight - Hope you don't need that brace for too long.  At least don't make it worse!

AT - Hope you get some passing storms to relieve the humidity.  We'll be getting hit pretty soon.

dhuffman - I think 93 days is plenty of time.  I will reiterate what WC said about reading up on Bob Hearn's posts and blogs to help prepare for a 24 hour.  He's incredibly impressive with how patient he is.  Also, a safe room sounds like a wise investment.

XT - Wow, that was quite the ordeal to fix the pool.  Funny how some things can really get under your skin, right?  Glad you and your friend figured it out in time though.

LB2 - Glad to hear the horseflies weren't too bad.  Interesting about the turkeys (from yesterday), and thanks on my fish!

runtrail - Wow, 85 already?  Glad you got some good refreshment in the end though.

Dr J - Of course your answer is mustard, right???

QOTD:  I'd probably go with Cabelas/Basspro, but I already splurged this year on fishing gear.  I'd second Sandy and say a nice old pickup truck would be fun to have.

Probably a TURD for me today.  Thunderstorms are looming.  Normally, I'd run anyway, but not feeling very motivated today.  I went to the doctor's yesterday because I still have a throat problem, since from when I choked.  I have a follow-up with a gastroenterologist later this week for that.  I've also been suffering from anxiety and I asked if she could prescribe something, and she said no.  Then she saw my blood pressure was extremely high, which also shocked me.  The doctor prescribed something for the high blood pressure - propranolol - which as it happens is also prescribed for anxiety.  So I guess it was good I had high blood pressure after all, but it's kinda freaking me out when I run.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours