Trailer Trash

STOP THE PRESSES! Look's like we can go back to RWOL! (Read 433 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Whew, thanks EDRW, I'm with you.

I think I might have stayed here, but now, that everything in RWOL is at its best again, as this thread shows, I might think twice about where to go. Or maybe not...

Looks like everyone who left has been/is being/will be banned? They really got this thing nailed!

Run for fun.

Birdwell

So i was just over there, and if you search for posts in the trail forum, almost all of them are still there. As to why they're not showing up on the main page, I have no idea. If you change the "sort by"  from most recent to anything else (i.e., oldest posts) you get pages and pages. 

Hopefully they're trying to sort out the spam, and will put back the good stuff. 

Does anyone have an email address for anyone over? I wanted to send an email to someone asking them to please keep the old topics, but the only thing I can find is the subscription services email. 

Occasional Runner

Just send your email to i.am.a.dipshit@RWOL.com. It should get to the right people.

Birdwell

Just send your email to i.am.a.dipshit@RWOL.com. It should get to the right people.

Big grin I just fell off my chair at this. 

Thanks Lace!

Weegee

That dipshit Weegee hasn't showed up yet, has he?

Oh yeah…  That's me.

Hi guys!

He he!  I can type dipshit here.  I already like it more!

Uh oh... now what?

So i was just over there, and if you search for posts in the trail forum, almost all of them are still there. As to why they're not showing up on the main page, I have no idea. If you change the "sort by"  from most recent to anything else (i.e., oldest posts) you get pages and pages. 

Hopefully they're trying to sort out the spam, and will put back the good stuff. 

Does anyone have an email address for anyone over? I wanted to send an email to someone asking them to please keep the old topics, but the only thing I can find is the subscription services email. 

This was a mystery at one of the old "upgrades"--the history disappeared.  I was playing on Gergle one day and saw references to some old posts.  I clicked and behold, there they were.  I made note of the link--led to the archived part of a data warehouse?  Who knoweth?  The sad part is that it all disappeared as time went by.  If you have a suspense dated archive, you could use a kill date of "today - 180" or "August 31, 2010".  One of them would need more storage area as time passes.  RW has never shown any concern for maintaining deep history.

AT-runner

Tim

Just as an FYI, I am not a moderator in our forum.  Just the "administrator."  I have very, very little power.  I can change the group info, sticky/lock threads, and "censor" people, but I don't plan on doing any censoring.  But if you want a thread stickied or locked, lemme know.  Smile

We know, but ModeratorMadisonMandy has a better ring.  

Seriously, thanks for getting this ball rolling.  It's nice to have a place to go.  Hopefully the rest of the crew will make their way over and maybe you can talk some of the FB people into stopping in from time to time to add to our new history.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Looks like all threads got set to invisible.  The threads are still there, and will show back up once your reply to them.  You can do a search for specific key words and the specific site through Google by adding site:runnersworld.com to your search tag.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

NorthernHarrier

Simply does not matter to me anymore. I've logged out from there and moved on. New history to be made here and I'm not going back.

Occasional Runner

I stopped in this morning and posted a link for the daily thread. We should leave bread crumbs to follow for a few more days in case there are lurkers and stragglers that are still unaware.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Lace, I started a thread over there with a link to here.  I figured would we just keep bumping it for a while.

Running is dumb.

Wandering Wally

Getting back to the OP...  LOL!

Don't forget the </sarcasm> tag though  :-D

If I never go back, it will be too soon.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Go back where?!?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

KreegSauceRuns

I think we really may have done gone and screwed them somewhat.  This is funny.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

jonferg67

Endless trails

I put a brief note in the BF over there, looks like many folks have already come

over to RA.

The RW Trail forum is a ghost town, kinda like the end of summer when all the 

hot summer chicks head back home.

ASU: you may be right, but they did it to themselves.