Trailer Trash

Is it Mondaily Already? (Read 32 times)

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

2.3 recovery miles after a dissappointing 9:52:00 50k on Saturday.  But hey, I wasn't last, I didn't quit (like 38% did), and I didn't get injured, so I'll take it.  Full RR with picts once I get it written.

QOTD:  I'll take a paper map in a ziplock if I'm in a new area. so I can adjust my run accordingly as time/mileage/conditions/fitness permit.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

sugnim

Sugnim - Has it been a bad fire season in that area? 

Not too bad this year, so far.  Things are burning, but I generally asses the fire season by how bad it impacts my life.  We haven't had the raining ash that we get some years, and so far I haven't had to retreat to the indoor track for a run.  So, from my unscientific viewpoint, this is a good year for us.

Irish Luck

I'm been pretty much MIA on here since vacation. Roll eyes

I am not sure what tonight will bring, as I am quite sore from my trail half yesterday...as my knee is pretty banged up. Long story short, I was wearing "sensible" wedges to work on Friday and twisted my ankle while walking on the sidewalk.  No big deal, but later on Friday night, my knee was in incredible pain (which I surmised was from the ankle twisting).  Getting in/out of the car on Saturday was uncomfortable, but I was able to walk just fine and stairs were no issue.  So, I decided to dress for the race and take a "we'll see" attitude.

I was able to get through the race and the knee held up quite nicely, with one exception--when I had to get on my tush and slide down a hill.  That's when the pain set in, but I only had about a mile to go then.  Oh, and the sticker bushes got be good--my legs look like I met up with Wolverine.

All things considered, I was only one minute slower than last year's race, so I'm not that disappointed.

QOTD: No maps for me. I will review one in advance of my trek, but I don't carry them.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Still Monday, I guess. 11.5 miles before sunset, in the fog. Still nice and warm, though. Now after work, off to the pool with the kids. Maybe another run later in the evening, to add some miles and elevation.

QOTD: Not always, but when I explore new trails, or when I'm not sure how different routes connect, I take one with me. Also when I head out for a long run and don't have much of an idea where to go. My map is waterproof, so I can just roll it up and stick it into the pocket of my pack, or I take a paper copy in a ziplock bag with me, when I don't want to carry all the bulk.

Run for fun.

The pooch and I skipped the morning run and I went to the gym instead.  I got the lawn mowed, got a pot roast started, baked a batch of muffins, and played with potato cannon stuff.  A good day despite not running.

QOTD: I almost never take a paper map.  I do usually have my cell phone along with the Map My Run app running so I do have a electronic map along.  Still, I pretty much never look at it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Chnaiur

QoN: What is the 32.7 segment? Echo to ???.

I will be running in the sierras 9/21-22 next time, but I haven't decided if I do Desolation, Touloumne, or something else. Do you know anything about the Silver Peak area SE of hwy 4? That looks really remote on the map.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QoN: What is the 32.7 segment? Echo to ???.

I will be running in the sierras 9/21-22 next time, but I haven't decided if I do Desolation, Touloumne, or something else. Do you know anything about the Silver Peak area SE of hwy 4? That looks really remote on the map.

Echo Lake to Barker Pass.  09/21 is our preferred weekend.  Unsure if you are interested.  We are slow.  I do not know about Silver Peaks.  Valerie lives in Reno and runs these trails a lot.  She would know.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

Echo Lake to Barker Pass.  09/21 is our preferred weekend.  Unsure if you are interested.  We are slow.  I do not know about Silver Peaks.  Valerie lives in Reno and runs these trails a lot.  She would know.

I was thinking we could maybe go together to Velma lakes, and then I would go down into Rockbound valley and loop back to Echo?

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I haven't spent much time down there and have only run around Kirkwood .

My husband and a young friend who is very fast would like to run in Sept. they would do any distance and any trail . Anyone wanting company keep me posted and I can send them over .