Trailer Trash

Fridaily The Thirteenth (Read 33 times)

Ultra Cowboy

Got back on the Trails last night for just under 6 miles.  Will be doing more night running for the next 6 months.

Right now it gets dark about when I hit the "smooth" downhill and my pace is faster than the climbing I'm doing in the daylight.  I like to think I don't lose that much speed at night.  Seems like I can keep up with my faster friends better since they might be more cautious.

Regardless nighttime pace feels faster while I'm doing it...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

Starting to feel like Seattle around here, been raining off and on all week! Two soaking wet rain runs in one week is pretty much unheard of around here. Got out last night immediately after a large spaghetti dinner for a speedy 5k around the neighborhood with the dog. It was dark and raining but I felt great despite a full belly. Cranked out a 5k PR(I've never run a 5k race...) and felt pretty good doing it. One of my goals for this "off season" is to work on my leg speed, so far so good.

Hoping to get out for some trail miles this weekend.

QOTD: Usually slower on trails at night, but road seems to be as fast or faster in the dark. Maybe because it's usually cooler?

Chnaiur

Doing 2 and weights today. My back still isn't 100%, so I'm still tentative about running in Desolation next weekend. This will be one of the tests to determine if I go.

QOTD: Running trails in the dark feels faster but is slower.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Daydreamer1

Went out to breakfast this morning with DW then to her rehab appointment. That blew the morning. I think I'm going to take a rest day anyway. My feet feel really beat up from yesterday and my ankle is tender from rolling it, so a break will probably be a good thing.

QOTD: For the most part I have very little difference, in fact some of my fastest times have been at night. All my night running has been on the road, never on the trails. I'm sure I would be slower on the trails.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

7.5 (2.3 with Weston) Out to the Circle Drive overpass, to soften me up before tomorrows LR. 11.16 pace

QOTD:  On the roads I think I am the same. I will have to get used to night .trails, since I've got a race coming up.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

LB2

I should get about 5 this evening. And probably the same in the morning, and ten on Sunday.

QOTD:

I guess it depends. If I am running a long run that takes me from daylight and into the night, I "feel" like I go a little quicker at night. I haven't really paced it. I do know of a couple of times where I made up quite a bit of time on a 20 mile loop after the sun went down. But I don't know the exact pace. I am very comfortable running at night. If the moon is bright enough, I will not hesitate to turn off my headlamp. I love it!!!! My weakness is running in the heat of the day.

LB2