Trailer Trash

Missing Wednesdaily (Read 19 times)

XtremeTaper

I will get it rolling today.

I had a decent, well pretty nice 6 miles out at Coventry Woods last night on my out/back route despite constant accompaniment of little swarms of gnats. Also ran through a patch of lantern flies which were a real nuisance here last year but we've only swatted handful on our deck this year. Last year it was more like a hundred a day.

It feels pretty nice out there right now. Not as hot or humid as past few days. If the clouds stick around I will do a lunchtime run on the local trail.

QOTD: In terms of running/racing, any missed PR's or milestones that bug you?

For me, I never really focused on the 10k so never broke 40 minutes at that distance. I was close, 40 and change, but no cigar. Also, one time in FL when running a 12 hour I had time for one more loop to get in a 100k in 12 hours but bailed as no one was going to catch me in terms of distance that day (small race/field) and did not want to keep the organizers waiting, though they give me the ok. Now I could have run 100k under 12 hours several times based on some 50 miles races but alas never officially did so. I guess that bugs me the worst.

Queenie - Hi there!! :waving:  Please re-read chapter 1 of the "Idiots Guide to Retirement". It mentions not cleaning toilets (other than your own) as part of any retirement plan!  LOL. Hope you are having a good time.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran short last night.  Temps were nice after the rain passed through but I was still drenched in sweat when done.  I may need to take today off or a really short run.  I will see how I feel tonight.

QOTD: No not anymore.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

I plan to run after work today. I need to break this non-running streak.  But I have to admit it feels really great to take a bunch of rest days in a row.

I'm going bananas at work since we have a few folks out on vacation.  I'm probably as busy as QoN these days!!!! 

qotd: My plan is to only do a particular hundred miler once, one-and-done. That is, unless I dnf, than I like to go back and get it done. I have currently only dnf'ed three; Leadville, Hardrock and Mt. Fuji.  The one that bugs me is Hardrock since I made it so far into the race when I dnf'ed (85 miles) I know I can finish it with the right training and rest, I've been trying to get that one done for a while now but I can't get into it because of the freaking lottery.   I'm not really bugged about Mt. Fuji because I did that one when I was living in Korea and there were some crazy things about that race that messed me up, I probably won't be traveling that far to do it again so I'm ok with not going back to that one. My dnf at Leadville was due to a back injury, and I went back the following year and finished it so that one's checked off.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

at the cabin/lake with DW, DD and grand kiddos (Tiny Elvis too!), 3 miles on the trails (Pintlers in the background)

swimming later in the day

qotd: 50 miler, may be too late???

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: No, not yet.  I don't race per se just want to get the distance.  I have 5k, 10k, HM, FM, 50k so next few years I'm shooting for 50 miles, 100k, and 100 miles.  The last two might take a while.  I think if my back hadn't been injured I could have had at least the 50 miles by now.  Oh well it's fun to keep trying.

Codee came home last night from the vet with her new shoes and getting her settled, the other two calmed down and having driven back from KC that day I did nothing.  I have a migraine today so may just do the rower but might do a small bit on the TM>

MT, cute kids, do they enjoy hiking?

Sue, ew, nope on cleaning other people's toilets.  I had to do that enough when I worked at various fast food places when I was younger.

Jamie, I've never sweated as much as I have this year....I'm drenched from my head to my socks after cleaning stalls and throwing hay.  We've had heat indexes in the 100+ range for going on 2 weeks now.  It sucks.

LB2

No run this morning. It has been crazy today, and I had to leave early this morning. I may run this evening, but I may just do two loops in the morning. I don't like to run in the evening because I have a hard time going to sleep after I run, unless I run 100 miles. And I ain't running 100 miles today.

QOTD: When I DNF'd Pinhoti in 2012, I was disappointed because I basically got mad and quit. As difficult a time as I had that year, it was mind boggling that anyone could have possibly finished it unless they were super human. I didn't do anything long in 2013, but ran a real good 10K night, trail race. In 2014, I went back to Pinhoti and finished it easily. I figured I would go back one more time in 2017, just for fun. It was another warm year, and it was anything but fun. I ran as hard as I could, but I just started losing so much time after mile 41 that there was no way I could stay ahead of the cutoffs. I moved forward until someone asked for my bib at Mile 63. That race lost its luster to me after finishing it in 2014, so I don't have any DNF's that bug me anymore.

LB2

Gator eye

8 this morning

QOtD: hallucination 100 was a DNF 4 years ago so I’m heading back to try again in a few weeks and I always wanted to BQ. But I’m just to slow. Although my age is catching up to my BQ time so theres hope yet. Might try again next spring