Trailer Trash

back to the grind Mondaily (Read 22 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run today, just a few miles over the weekend.

We had quite a frost this morning, and, unlike DD1, I scraped a thick layer of ice from my car's windows to get DS to his 7 a.m. band instruction at school.

Berto: That looks really painful. Darn meds, glad you could fix it.

AT: Painful, too, must have been some high-speed fall. I hope it will hurt less as it heals up, but the first few days with such scrapes are just painful.

Sandy: Oh... just as it so happens, I have Thursday off from work   Maybe we can hit Tussey Mountain together for a few miles (I'm not into long distances now, but still). Actually, I am contemplating doing the Tussey Mountainback again this fall, but so far, it's just a vague idea.

Nice picture of your DD with the horse. She was really lucky with that fall. Horse looks not like a horse I would consider wanting to ride, though.  For exactly that reason.

XT: Scary. Hopefully they can find out what it is, and fix it.

LB2: Sounds like a wonderful run in the moonlight.

Jamie: Yay, there's a sliver of light on the horizon!!

Harrier: Nice miles! 

dhuff: I'm clumsy, too, usually trip over the only rock or root that's around within 10 yards.

warden: Great pictures - but what is all that white stuff??

wc: Hope you went for the run.

traildc: How in the world do you make yourself do all the chores and yardwork? Any motivational inspiration for me??

Queen: This is how you get your negative splits in! Well done!

QOTD: I have lost pretty much all contact to my friends and folks from school and college. Every few years, I get an e-mail invitation to some reunion, but the last one I have attended was the 10-year reunion. At my dad's funeral, I met one of my best friends from high school, she also ran XC, and we instantly connected again. Found out her DS is a professional bicyclist, riding for a team at the next Olympics. Other than that, I am antisocial, too.

Run for fun.

dhuffman63

Trails

FTYC...back in the day I'd have loved to ride him.  Later when I was actually out on trails I found riding a mare was better.  I have a crazy arab gelding that would just go and go.  My mare takes care of herself...eats, drinks and would not allow for over riding.  I manage to trip on the carpet all the time...lol, just can't seem to pick up my feet.