Trailer Trash

Lookout Mountain 50 Mile Trail Fiasco- RR and Blame Handed Around (Read 323 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks for the report; a good year is a good year regardless of a few mis-steps 

this is a classic Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runfastandie

Lace-up.  Sorry for the DNF.  I tell you- if I had actually met up with Watoni I would hijacked his bike a ridden the road back to the parking lot. Certainly- if DH was there at mile 20 with a warm dry car, with complete confidence I can say I would have gotten in, continued my cry and would have left the race high and dry (haha, it would have been high up the mountain and I would then be dry!).

Thankful you didn't come to an end on that cliff. Your description reminded me of my grand canyon run- where I carefully ran inches from the wall and only passed on the inside.  Certain death if you trip!

Lets hope for all great things in 2013!  If anything you have solid resolve!

Sandy-2

Kelly, sorry to hear about the DNF.  But it is better than going off the cliff.

I can relate to the rocks, roots and potholes hidden under the leaves.  My ankles are still bugging me and it's been 6 weeks since Pinhoti.

Hope to bump into you and Jo somewhere next year....

tbd.

Occasional Runner

Great report on your mishap lace. You have a subtle way of making even the worse of situations sound funny in your writing. I could picture you falling as reading...all it takes is a split second taking your eyes off the trail. On to next season...it's been great reading your stories throughout the year. I can honestly say you've had a small part in my decisions to take on ultras. Hope I run into you at a race in 2013 (oil creek perhaps?)

Thanks for the nice comments. That really means a lot to me. I'm sure our paths will cross at some point. Good luck in 2013!

Occasional Runner

Kelly, sorry to hear about the DNF.  But it is better than going off the cliff.

I can relate to the rocks, roots and potholes hidden under the leaves.  My ankles are still bugging me and it's been 6 weeks since Pinhoti.

Hope to bump into you and Jo somewhere next year....

You're buying me a beer at Leadville. 

KreegSauceRuns

Like Jo said, you have had a great year.  I wouldn't look too much into this.  You're still an amazing runner and 2013 is not too far away.  Enjoy the holidays!

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Messenjah

This is actually what I thought when I was reading your report. If Jo runs you always post something about how she does.

How did your wife do in the 10k

Occasional Runner

This is actually what I thought when I was reading your report. If Jo runs you always post something about how she does.

Maybe she should write her own blog, filled with her race reports and a balanced perspective of my races from the crew chief perspective.

She did "ok". She's been busy ever since the move and her mileage is way down right now. She had fun and was happy enough with her time. She's happy, so I'm happy too.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Maybe she should write her own blog, filled with her race reports and a balanced perspective of my races from the crew chief perspective.

I like this idea. 

That blows chunks about the DNF, Kelly, and I understand being a little upset ending the year on that note, but it really sounds like it was the smart thing to do.  Start 2013 off healthy, right?  Still planning on coming to Kettle Moraine next year?

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

You're buying me a beer at Leadville. 

Yup, I owe you. 

Since I didn't get into HR, Leadville it is.  See you there.

tbd.

Occasional Runner

I like this idea. 

That blows chunks about the DNF, Kelly, and I understand being a little upset ending the year on that note, but it really sounds like it was the smart thing to do.  Start 2013 off healthy, right?  Still planning on coming to Kettle Moraine next year?

M*M- We'll be in South Africa running Comrades that weekend. Otherwise, we would definitely be there. I'm looking forward to claiming by brass kettle someday soon.

Occasional Runner

Yup, I owe you. 

Since I didn't get into HR, Leadville it is.  See you there.

I'm looking forward to it.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Kelly...the DNF sucks.  I'm so disappointed in you.  you *were* my running idol.....but no more....I won't have an idol that quits....nope...no sir...no quitters for me.  what you need to do is fly back to tennessee and finish the damn race.  Joking Big grin

really...it sucks about the DNF but better to head into the new year healthy rather than hobbled with a sfx in your foot.  Congrats on a great 2012...you truly are a gifted runner.  It was great meeting you and your lovely wife at Laurel this year and I look forward to seeing you out there again.  

Best of luck going into 2013,

--Mike

Occasional Runner

really...it sucks about the DNF but better to head into the new year healthy rather than hobbled with a sfx in your foot.  Congrats on a great 2012...you truly are a gifted runner.  It was great meeting you and your lovely wife at Laurel this year and I look forward to seeing you out there again.  

Best of luck going into 2013,

--Mike

Thanks Mike. We'll be back for Laurel Highlands again this year. I expect to see you running the 70 miler this year. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

M*M- We'll be in South Africa running Comrades that weekend. Otherwise, we would definitely be there. I'm looking forward to claiming by brass kettle someday soon.

Okay, well, I can forgive you if you'll be at Comrades!  I think you could crush KM though...you'd love the course. 

Running is dumb.