Trailer Trash

Facebook Friday (Read 23 times)

XtremeTaper

AT - Those storms are heading our way soon. Might be a non-running evening. Looks a bit nasty on the radar.

Dreamer - Our hot tub is not stand alone, but shares the pool plumbing and equipment. It is possible to isolate the spa, close the pool and run spa only. We did that one year. It was a bit nerve wracking in the cold months of January. Had to run the pump non-stop practically, though we have an automated system with freeze protect that automatically fires it up. A broken pump could have been catastrophic though. Typically we have it open April-October.

Queenie - Nice work on the fast Friday run. I have been having fast Tuesday this month.

LB2 - Keep the streak going.

Harrier - Good luck with the calf, and the race.

DHuffman - Nice miles!

Sandy - Slick new computer makes the world shine. Good luck sticking with the plan.

Warden - No snow report?!!

Jamie - Another week to go, right?!

WCRunner - Enjoy the relays. Looks like there may be some storm delays this evening.

Couch - Nice run, and flowering rhodos!!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

Busy place here today!

I worked a half day, took my car in to get new tires and went to see about a new windshield. The plan was to leave today for a friend's house in Illinois for a long day of running. Well, forecast of 3-5 inches of snow there, 3-5 inches in La grange (considered driving to run the site of my June 1 race) and now 3-5 inches here blew my plans. This weather sucks.

Qotd: I spend waayyy too much time on my phone, too much on Facebook. Too much time surfi g the web. I think I need to go to rehab. I would post more here it was not so late after work and my post work run.

Weekend Plans: run. Even if it snows. Best possibility is a day of running in Pinckney. Sunday may be a good day for it. And, spend time getting gear together for next weekend when I have 3 days of running the IA trail near LaGrange. with my friend. There is an informal group running an overnight there plus more on Saturday and Sunday. Hoping for better weather ...bit not hopeful. This weather sucks.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

WCRunner - Enjoy the relays. Looks like there may be some storm delays this evening.

NBC Sports Network is showing replays from yesterday's races because there's a rain delay, the second of the day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

I worked a half day, took my car in to get new tires and went to see about a new windshield. The plan was to leave today for a friend's house in Illinois for a long day of running. Well, forecast of 3-5 inches of snow there, 3-5 inches in La grange (considered driving to run the site of my June 1 race) and now 3-5 inches here blew my plans. This weather sucks.

I knew originally there was some loose talk about the shit coming on Sat. but now Madison is expecting 4-7 and Delafield where my 20k is will be getting 5-7". Moonlight-Delafield is a little north of LaGrange. Still in the South Kettles. DW just called me and said to check the latest weather if I was planning on driving home Sat. but I think I'll be staying up here where it will just be cold. I'll be skipping that 20k even though my calf felt pretty good on my run this afternoon. Heck, staying up here is like a vacation anyway except for these two dogs that have to be wherever I'm at. 

moonlightrunner

I knew originally there was some loose talk about the shit coming on Sat. but now Madison is expecting 4-7 and Delafield where my 20k is will be getting 5-7". Moonlight-Delafield is a little north of LaGrange. Still in the South Kettles. DW just called me and said to check the latest weather if I was planning on driving home Sat. but I think I'll be staying up here where it will just be cold. I'll be skipping that 20k even though my calf felt pretty good on my run this afternoon. Heck, staying up here is like a vacation anyway except for these two dogs that have to be wherever I'm at. 

Stay warm and dry there.. summer is on the way....any month now.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

GC100k

Where's GC been? He did Ironmaster's last year.  I thought I'd be out of town, so I didn't sign up to mark the course this year.

I'm alive. Thanks for thinking of me. Haven't been running that much so no Ironmasters for me this year. Last year's Ironmasters was my best race experience ever.

Work has been crazy this year and I didn't get out on the muddy trails much over the winter. My hip has been bothering me. 200 miles a month running last summer/fall and the hip was fine. I basically stop running and my hip starts hurting. Might be because I put on a lot of weight over the winter or maybe because I tried really upping the weight on deadlifts or maybe delayed reaction to running or maybe random who knows what.

I've been biking and starting to do some swimming. Might do a triathlon. Swam more than a length of the pool for the first time in my life. My daughters are all-state swimmers and I'm going to race them, 100 yards for me versus 200 yards for them.

Always been intimidated by triathlon. Thought I needed to be rich and have a $5000 bike. Last summer I crossed paths with a triathlon while running, saw some of the bike and run legs, there were fat guys on WalMart bikes, and I thought "I can do that".

Working on getting my 1977 Trek road bike back to working order. For a lot of years it's been sitting in a muddy basement that got flooded and outside on a back porch. It's pretty rough, but that'll be my summer project. Been riding a mountain bike that also needs a lot of work.

Anyway, when the hip gets better I want to get back out on the trails. That's a lot more interesting and enjoyable to me than triathloning.

QOTD: I have a fake* Facebook and Twitter that I use to follow some sports and fitness things. My real Facebook was dormant for many years but a board I serve on wanted us to be active on the organization's Facebook page so I check in about once a month or so.

*use a generic version of my real name and no one in my real life knows those accounts exist.