Trailer Trash

Mileage Monday (Read 13 times)

LB2

I didn't sleep well at all last night. We have cold weather coming in on Wednesday, and I was tossing and turning with sweet dreams about layering clothing. When you live in a hot environment like Sandy and I do, you have wonderful dreams about cool weather.

QOTD: Have you had a significant cool front yet this fall?

We had a cool snap in late September that was really nice, but this one will be more significant with lows in the 40's and highs in 60's.

LB2

Sandy-2

LB, yes I feel your pain.  It's supposed to hit about 89 this afternoon, but next Saturday morning it's going to be 49.  But I guess we should count ourselves lucky considering what the coasts are getting these days.

qotd: not cool enough for me.

Today is a SRD for me.  I really liked running with the horses yesterday.  I took about a 15 minute head start then they caught me along the airport boundary.  We ran/rode together for 4 miles or so. The footing was really rough and since the growth was about thigh to waist high I couldn't see what I was landing on. It was also soaking wet from the dew, but actually it was nice and cool so I didn't mind that part. After that they continued to circle around the airport while I turned back to hit some of the trails along the river.  Some photos:

The airport fence line (this was a few miles in a straight line):

Actually my DD and her rider friends ride here sometimes so the Airport have made them "airport rangers".

DD, Mow Mow and me.

Road crossing.

Ok, a quiet area by the river and away from the airport.

Typical trail along the river.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Lots of miles yesterday. On the road, I95 back home from GA coast. As usual DC area was a cluster of google map traffic reroutes. Trip was great. Celebrated my dad's 85th birthday in FL than 3 days at Jekyll Island in GA. For the man that needs nothing we hooked him up with a hifi blue tooth receiver for his stereo so that he can listen to satellite radio at the house. Fixed him up with an old smart phone for wifi and running the app. So that was the tech duty for the week.

Not sure of running plans today. Need to do some catch up errands at the house and work stuff so probably just a few miles at the local trail. Running on vacation was not a priority but did get a few 4-5 milers in FL at Whispering Pines plus some runs on beach and trails on the island in GA.

QOTD: I think we had a cool down while a was gone last week as the house was 62 last night when we got home. Warmer today with a front rolling in tonight. No frost yet, but I need to get the tropical plants dug out and potted this week.

We hit the jackpot with Jekyll Island. Stayed at a dog friendly place right off the beach (Hampton Inn off all things). Really nice place that was next to a small state park. The state of GA owns the island and commercial development is sort of limited. There are plenty of hotels, but no high rises (5 floors max it seemed), no restaurant chains other than a DQ. Multi surface bike trail circles the island (~20 miles). Baker and I ran on some of it and also on the beach. The beach run was problematic as I had to keep him leashed and he kept wanting to chase the sea birds. It was fun though. Weather was fantastic and no crowds as I guess it was off season? Sunshine, 60-80 degrees, no humidity. Pretty much perfect. Walked the dogs many times on the beach, including a night walk with  a full moon rising over the ocean, toured around, and I got in a round of golf.

A few pics

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Oh, it's beautiful pictures day. Thanks for sharing, guys. I got in 6 miles this weekend, Saturday, with the group and yesterday nothing. Nothing so far today.

qotd: cold front to move in tonight. It's overall been an average fall but dry.