Trailer Trash

Too much Tuesday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Warmer start to the day, rest day for me so I'll get in some walking tonight. Yesterday, Chowder and I wogged thru some new trails within Rock Creek-- it's a huge park (being within DC) with a lot of connecting, or easily connected, pocket parks. We mostly made a trail loop, but also cut through some parts of the georgetown area of DC. Beautiful day. Also got in some walking miles, with the total coming to 9.5.

qotd: Anything you are experiencing 'too much' of.  Probably the area of food for me-- chocolate and bread. Our neighbor, a pastry chef, brought over a fresh baked loaf of sourdough bread. She had never really baked it before and was 'experimenting'. It was so delicious-- it did not make it a day in the house.

XtremeTaper

Warm here as well. About time I suppose. Some light running (as usual) this past weekend. I did get in about 8 on Saturday at Marsh Creek. Felt like the first real humid run of the season but temps were not really hot. Rained off/on all day here, but I did get the missus and the Lady out for a walk among the wildflowers before they are gone for the season. On Sunday, run out at Birsdboro watershed, Baker got a close-up of a group of horse on a narrow piece of single track trail. He was well behaved and the horsey folk were very friendly. Yesterday was a short run and a round of golf, which I walked.

Oh, current running streak is 91 days. I did a 100 last year, probably my highest. I have a few days in there with only 3 or 4 miles and given my pace and effort these days, they almost feel like rest days.

QOTD: Too much... weeds in the yard. I had good intentions this weekend to go after the remaining beds in the garden/yard but could not find the motivation.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out early this morning for 10 miles.  Weather was perfect at that time.  Is warming up quickly so I timed it right.  Weekend (running miles) went 25 miles Saturday, 5 miles Sunday, 15 miles Monday.  Added some walking miles too.

DC: I have semi studied some maps on Rock Creek and am quite jealous of the amount of trails you have there.  I like to see the natural areas like that in urban areas.

QOTD: Too much? See above - too many miles!!!!!!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Today was the 100th consecutive day of running and/or what I call a focused hike. Most of those hikes were during the month of April, and I would park my truck at least a mile from where I was hunting to hike in and back out. I am still mixing in some hiking as an additional element because I think it has helped my running and overall fitness. Anyway, I did an easy loop this morning; it was pretty humid. I really didn't have any major issues with horseflies, deer flies, mosquitoes, or gnats. The Bug Soother is working pretty well on all those things.

QOTD: Right now, I have a pretty good balance in life. I have shut off almost all news media, most of social media, and try to focus only on things that directly impact my family. Sometimes, I just felt overwhelmed with information that I could not process.

LB2

Sandy-2

Taking a SRD today.  Did 53 mi over the 3-day weekend and with the heat ramping up down here I feel I could use it.  But I have to admit with this ramp up of miles I'm feeling pretty good overall, but my legs are a bit tired at the end of my longer runs.  Plus today was my 5:30am conference call with Asia and Europe so there's that too.

On top of that this weekend was my turn to be "on call".  We just have to keep an eye out for any urgent things in our support e-mail mailbox. You know ships crashing into stuff, equipment breaking down, people forgetting to renew certificates so they're in a panic over the weekend, etc., etc. (mostly it's the 3rd category).  I had a few things to process, but it wasn't too bad.  But just having to check-in and read a bunch of stuff is kind or a pain.

qotd: I guess I'd have to join runtrail on too much food.  I still need to lose 5 lbs (like always) and you'd think with the miles and heat it'd burn off, but all the stay-at-home Covid eating is making things difficult.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 9.25 trail miles today.  Felt sluggish to start but somewhere during the run I started to feel good and finished strong.

QOTD:  Too many cobwebs.   Today I felt like I was one of those sticks for cotton candy. I was on some trails that do not get a lot of use, so had a few days worth of webs across them.  Oh, and add me to the too much weight gain team.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We ran 6 mikes on the beach.  Tide was way out so we could go further than I have ever.  Of course 1.5 miles  were walking over rocks.  

yesterday on the beach we were treated to a seal show only 10 feet out.  Until Earl started barking.  Oh on today’s run Jack found a nice pile of shit, took a bit and the run himself in the rest of it.  Dogs!!!

qotd:  Drinking...going on day 9 of having visitors.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄