Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 13 times)

Sandy-2

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone!!!

SRD today.  Just woke up from a nap. It’s getting real now!!  Talk about pre-race jitters.  But my little 3 mi run/hike above Silverton went well yesterday.  Did some steep incline hiking at first and then some easy run down than up a dirt road.  DD took some photos of me actually running up the little incline at 9600 ft elev. The first climb tomorrow goes up and over a saddle similar to the upper right in the first photo, then we just have to do about 8 more of them after that. 

Running Problem, from yesterday. Ha I did the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 in 2019, same year that Gatsby did the 50 mile.  I bought the cotton shirt I was wearing yesterday (which was from a previous year) at the expo for $5. 

qotd: I’m too jittery to think of anything.

tbd.

LB2

Ran 4 miles this morning before I had a meeting in Baton Rouge. My co-worker/colleague/tormentor just got back from the UK and France. Her internal clock is about as mixed up as mine since I have jumping between three time zones in the past few days, Mountain, Central, Eastern, and back to Central. So we were both a little out of it but made the meeting on time.

QOTD: Who are you rooting for at Hardrock?

Sandy!!!

LB2

Running Problem

Problem Child

Sandy Bummer...I work right by packet pick up. I could have met both of you that year. I think they changed the course in 2019 to start and end in Carson City. Honestly, much better logistically.

QOTD....ummm yeah I got nothing. Ever through about being a race director because you hate a race so much you just want to change it?

I have, but I quickly realize I don't know the first thing about being an RD and I'm learning I'm not the leader type in the sense of thinking a long way through things. This reminds me I need to sign up for my relay again.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

runtraildc

Good luck Sandy!!

no run for me today. Still tested negative this morning.

8 easy miles today. Logging off early tomorrow to go to Fairfield.  A work trip for the hubs and I’m tailing along.  There is not much to do there but we’ll find something. 

QOTD: Go Sandy. 

QOTD2: It seems like being a RD is a lot of work for little reward or thanks.  You will never please everyone. Apparently there are a lot of runners who are a PITA.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

QOTD 2: I was an RD by default for a 5K we had in town when I was the mayor. It is more work that people think it is, especially when you consider things like insurance and securing people to man road crossings. But it was fun.

LB2