Trailer Trash

Gloomy Foggy Weekender (Read 11 times)

Sandy-2

At least around here it was gloomy and foggy this morning.  A zillion percent humidity of course. But a coolish 60ish degrees.  I did see 3 different armadillos over the course of my pre-dawn 16 miles this morning, I think they were confused by the strange gloominess and then later by the early dawn light.

qotd: did you put up any holiday lights or the tree yet?  I put up the outdoor lights, but no tree yet.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4 Mile walk with Jack and then 5.4 run in the woods out by my sisters.  

wotd:  We got early snow so yea tree was up before Thanksgiving. Started outdoor lights yesterday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

No fog but pretty gloomy here, with pouring rain and gusty wind.  No running today, the benefit of "taking it easy" in December.  I did go to the farmers' market, library book sale, and grocery store.  Amazing how much more I can get done when I don't run!

QOTD: the full complement of outdoor lights went up the weekend after Thanksgiving, as usual.  And, of course, some of the outdoor Christmas lights stay on all year because, why not, they're cheery and bright.  We don't do a Christmas tree.  We put a few ornaments and lights on a big potted plant in the dining room.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Happy Saturday-- gloomy here too. Started out sunny, but the clouds moved in quickly. Got in 5 miles with the coffee shop group, including some on dirt.. I took a detour as my usual running buddies didn't show this morning.

qotd: Nothing. We have christmas and holiday decorations, but I'm coming around to the idea that we really don't 'celebrate christmas'. Yes, our families do, we give some gifts and get together with family. But I also don't have any religious beliefs so I'm really just coming round to thinking of just celebrating the holiday season. But don't get me wrong, I love all the holiday decorations. Especially lights.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles with Tiny Elvis earlier (thankfully finished the wet base layer test, although I just received another jacket in the mail today! )

strength trained this afternoon

qotw: no outside lights for us; waiting for my youngest DD to get here (Tuesday) as we'll go out an get a tree on the forest; we got a huge one the last Christmas she was out, we'll restrain ourselves this time- looked like Griswald's last time 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Typical winter day here--mild morning followed by a snow squall that dumped a couple inches real fast then it just settled into a fine snow mist which is still happening. Did a fairly intense rowing this morning then went out in the snow squall and ran 4 miles. Now I'm sitting in front of the wood stove with a bourbon old fashion. Life is grand.

QOTD- Since we moved up here we no longer do a tree but we do string up a nice low key light deal, of course where we live no one but us see's them. However with DW down in Virginia I'm not gonna bother.  Depending on the timing of everything if this goes late enough into the month when I pick her up we'll just camp somewhere in S. Carolina as we have reservations in Florida starting Jan 1st.

Typical winter day here--mild morning followed by a snow squall that dumped a couple inches real fast then it just settled into a fine snow mist which is still happening. Did a fairly intense rowing this morning then went out in the snow squall and ran 4 miles. Now I'm sitting in front of the wood stove with a bourbon old fashion. Life is grand.

NH, thinking the same thing as I sip a nice glass of wine and watch my parrots wreak havoc around me.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

5 miles of walking in the woods and around Columbia, Mississippi yesterday. It was a pretty fun evening in Columbia, but that place was extremely crowded. They made some money!!!

I ran 5.5 this morning in a cool rain. The run felt great, easy and smooth. I think I am going to do 20 tomorrow. I took off to hunt, but it won't get cold until later in the week. I think I'll just run and do a little work after that even though I am off. I'll pick it up with a late start one morning when it is cold and I decide to hunt.

QOTD: We have 4 trees up. The main tree in the den is a real tree that we cut on Thanksgiving Day. The tree in the kitchen is an artificial tree that we put up around the first of November. Each daughter has a small tree they they put up in their bedrooms sometime during the summer. LOL. They didn't put them up that early, but it was definitely in October. We love Christmas!!!!

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles (1000') with Tiny Elvis; we did a little exploring and put together a nice new loop Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √