Trailer Trash

World Series Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

My team is World Series Champs. Grew up a Senators fan until they moved away (twice) and have loved the Nat's since 2005. Only went to 5 games this year, but watched part of at least 120 games (TV and or phone).  So happy for the owners and the team.

Woke up late (see above) and just going out for a run in the rain.  Hopefully trails won't be too muddy. Distance and trail TBD by conditions.

Sandy - sorry, but yo guys won it 2 years ago. This is our 1st time.  About Bregman, he's like the AL version of Bryce Harper (great player but other players don't like or respect him). I was very happy when Harper left, and it shows how egos don't always help you win, teamwork usually does.  Altuve is my idea of a great Astro.

QOTD:  Time to tally up those October miles?  145 for me. Still running below my average, but have been busy with other things.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

No run yet today.  I donated platelets yesterday at the red cross, and I'm having low blood pressure/light headedness off and on (mostly need to eat). I cancelled on my planned run earlier, but I'll get to the gym at lunchtime.

Went to bed seeing the  Nat's were woefully behind at the 6th, woke to different news this morning. I'm not a baseball fan, but it's fun to see people so excited. AT- are you coming down for the parade?

qotd: 111. mostly concentrated in a few long runs. I'll cut back in November again, planning to work on strength. Maybe restart my yoga practice.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Congrats AT! I was actually watching the game from the 6th inning on.  I have to say I was surprised.  But good for them.  Good year for DC sports - The Caps, The Mystics, and now the Nats.  And not sure you saw it but there was a NBA game in DC last night too between the Washington Wizards and The Houston Rockets.  Couldn't have planned that one any better.  But that game ended with a 159-158 score which is ridiculously high scoring for basketball.  Weird night to say the least.

I will run tonight although likely at the gym.  Looks like we are getting quite the storm tonight.  So much so that people in the area complained about trick or treat in the bad weather - the  township caved and moved it to Saturday.  But it was funny (but actually sad) how mad parents were getting over this.

QOTD: After tonight I will be at 140+.  I was hoping for over 150 but a planned LR last weekend got cut short.  But feeling good so I will take it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

AT: I want to congratulate you and Donald Trump for the great victory of your team last night. As a fan of the Astros, I don't want to be accused of being a bad sport, which is why I didn't try to lump you into any group with any controversial people in my congratulatory remark. Hahaha. Actually, it was a great series, and I am glad your team won.

It was raining like crazy this morning. So, I didn't run. I am leaving work early today to go deer hunting this afternoon, and I have taken off tomorrow to enjoy the last day of the veteran's hunt tomorrow. After that, I will start running again. Actually, if I get something today, I may run tomorrow evening. I need to take a long hike to another spot in the morning, so I will definitely put some miles on my legs tomorrow, running or not.

QOTD: Only a measly 70.4 miles in October. I had high hopes, but a few critical days of storms had me in the house.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: 90 unless I can get my 3 in tonight.  Was going to do 3 Tues, Wed and again tonight but I was tired last night and did 0.  Ate some pancakes and gave the horses some grain since it was 28 this morning.

AT nice your team won.  I don't follow sports so...yay.

Woke up with a headache and I've been taking my BP the last couple of days and it's been really high.  I have a doc appt on the 11th so I may end up with a higher dose of the beta blocker or something else.  My allergies are still going nuts too.  It sucks getting older sometimes.

AT-runner

Tim

AT: I want to congratulate you and Donald Trump for the great victory of your team last night. As a fan of the Astros, I don't want to be accused of being a bad sport, which is why I didn't try to lump you into any group with any controversial people in my congratulatory remark. Hahaha. Actually, it was a great series, and I am glad your team won.

Trump is from NY, so he must be a Yankee fan.  He only resides (temporarily, we can all hope) in the DC area. 

Houston is a great team.  The announcers touched a lot on the Nationals injuries and bad record early on (19-31) but really never showed the graphic where since May 24th, they were the best team in baseball.  Springer and Altuve are 2 of my favorite players. Man can they hit.  Also not mentioned much was Cole pitched against us a lot when he was at Pittsburgh, and we had good history against him.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Trump is from NY, so he must be a Yankee fan.  He only resides (temporarily, we can all hope) in the DC area. 

Everything is temporary, even if it is five years from now. Hahaha.

LB2

moonlightrunner

It sounds like a good World Series...for all those who like baseball. I dont watch it as I find the sport kind of boring.

Got up this morning and went for a run. It was poring down rain and cold...but it was nice to get out and do it. Way more fun than swimming.

I went to see a new doc today...and I am feeling pretty optimistic. He is going to have his PT folks work with me on the tendonitis in the pes anserine.  He is referring me to an orthopedist that does stem cell injections...so I may try that. I doubt my insurance would t pay...but I can scrape up what it is likely to cost. Something to consider, anyway. I will have to do some research.

Happy Halloween!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

XtremeTaper

Congrats AT, sorry Sandy. My team the Indians have never won the series in my lifetime. So close a few times. Game 7 of the series is crazy if you are invested in a particular team. I managed to stay up to see the end but only watched a few of the early innings and the last 3.

Just the usual stuff today, dog walk/jog, gym stuff, and plan for a few road miles later with Baker. Knocked out 6 miles on the hills of Coventry Woods last night. An amazing slog. It was sort of humid for October but still no excuse. Oh well. Hobby joggers don't worry about such things and it's just an observation.

QOTD: 167 right now. I guess I should get in 3 miles at least later. I think my biggest month of the year. Also on a 52 day running streak. Thus the amazing slog last night perhaps.

Moonlight - Great that you are seeking other opinions. Curious about that stem cell stuff. It's getting a lot of advertisement in our local paper. Not sure yet if it's effective or money maker for the providers? My orthopod did not have much to say about it the last time I met with him but then again it's not his line of work, but would impact his business.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I guess my jetlag is coming to an end since I slept in this morning.  I'm going to leave work a little early today and will run when I get home. Have to get done before the kids start their rounds tonight.

AT, congrats on the Nationals.  Just a crazy series between two very even teams, they seemed to mirror each other at times.  I'll admit I was going bananas that the Astros left so many stranded runners on the bases last night.  I said to my DW (who by the way was rooting for the Nats since they hadn't won a WS) that it was like a football team getting close but having to settle for field goals and not TDs, not gonna win that way.  Turned out to bite them in the end.  I guess it was either Astros bad batting, Nats good pitching, or most likely both. Anyway it is good that the Nats got their first WS.

Funny, my DD went to PT for her ankle this week and after looking at both legs with her shoes and socks off the guy said that it looked pretty swollen and asked if it hurt when she walked on it. She said, "that's the good ankle."    

qotd: 125 miles if I do 5 tonight. Well, at least it was a little more than last month.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Intermittent drizzle but warm.  12.2 miles to close out the month.

qotd: That also ends my nascent 200+ miles per month streak at 3 with an October total of 182.3.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ran 5 miles after work. Currently out for happy hour.  Watching the Niners. Wearing a witch’s hat with green hair.

Wahoo, glad the Nationals won.

QOTD: 173 miles. Happy with that.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR