Trailer Trash

Mundane Mondaily (Read 33 times)

DigDug2

SRD for me today - my legs are feeling it from racing on Saturday and running yesterday.

QOTD:  Let me check with DW - I'm sure it's a very long list.  On the running side, my worst habit is probably spitting - I spit a lot when I run, like every minute or two.  I would argue that it's necessary to clear my nose/throat, but I somehow manage to run on the treadmill without spitting, so it must just be a bad habit.  I rarely hit anyone I'm running with...

NorthernHarrier

Morning peeps,

Went up to my shack over about 10 days ago to do the little trail triathlon near there. Originally it was gonna just be a long weekend but what the heck. Came home late last night after all the holiday traffic had cleared out and made it home in my fastest time ever. It was weird though--my wife was all too encouraging for me to just stay up there for the week, hmmm.....Shocked  Anyway I came in middle of the pack in that event which wasn't too bad considering I'm older than dirt and my hip is held together with screws. Maybe if I actually did some swim training again....

Did get some nice trail runs in including a beautiful run in the Sylvania wilderness area that is only about 35 minutes from my place. Tried a couple different mtn. biking venues that I won't need to go back to.

Today is weights followed by a fast paced road run and then I better get some things done around here.

QOTD--Who me???? Ha, better not let my wife read this..Big grin

BTW--Since I have been MIA a lot lately, did I miss something? There are some regulars that seem to have disappeared.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jamzilla - I didn't mean to talk you out of any of those races.  Tussey 50 miler is not trail but it is dirt road in a very trail sort of area.  Couch can elaborate more on it since it is literally her backyard.  And I hear you about getting some races out for others to see - it does help motivate a bit.  I will throw in my 2 cents about a 50 miler in November - Stone Mill in Maryland (Nov 16th).  It is trail, it is cheap, it is low key, no real hills, great time of year to run that distance.  Located about 90 minutes south of Harrisburg, PA.  Reg opens Aug 1st....think about it.

DD - if spitting is  bad habit then I guess snot rockets are too.  Add that to my list.  And yes I try not to hit others (unless they won't let me pass).

Northernharrier - great job on the trail tri.  There seems to be a bit of a disappearance of some.  Not sure anything real significant happened but some have stopped posting - maybe taking a break? I dunno.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Plan on 5-6 later on tonight.

QOTD My worst problem is eating too much, last night I had two sandwiches (smoked pulled pork) and a huge bowl of peanut butter ripple ice cream. Yet I can't figure out why I don't lose any weight?

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Jamzilla - I didn't mean to talk you out of any of those races.  Tussey 50 miler is not trail but it is dirt road in a very trail sort of area.  Couch can elaborate more on it since it is literally her backyard.  And I hear you about getting some races out for others to see - it does help motivate a bit.  I will throw in my 2 cents about a 50 miler in November - Stone Mill in Maryland (Nov 16th).  It is trail, it is cheap, it is low key, no real hills, great time of year to run that distance.  Located about 90 minutes south of Harrisburg, PA.  Reg opens Aug 1st....think about it.

No worries...I'm begging to be talked out of them Wink.  The information you gave was enough to turn me off...thats all.  Stone Mill I will think about...still not sure I'm ready to start thinking 50 miler, but it's kinda happening anyways.

PS thanks for the race lineup in the PA Ultra thread...that is helpful.

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

A nice in-town 6 miles this morning.  It was pretty cool temp-wise in central PA this morning.  Love the rolling hills.

Now I'm headed back to TX (layover in Detroit) for a day in the office before I head up to Silverton for a long weekend later this week.

qotd:  I also tend to interrupt the DW when she is talking.  And I'm sure that's not the only bad habit I have.

tbd.

Snowdenrun

Monday is my work Thursday! On the flip side Friday is my work Monday. That always sucks.

10.75 yesterday. Planning a shorter run and a walk with the day.

QOTD: I pop my right shoulder/collar bone. Not a regular finger pop, but a bone grinding, "Is it broke" pop. And I eat to much crap to often, way to often. If I even cut back and had it in moderation I'd finally get rid of these last ten pounds I've been "working" on for ever.

FTYC: I tell DBF I'm perfect too. Normally his answer is "yes dear..."

wardern: Enjoy your last day, hope it's a good one!

T&C - Phish, I new you'd get along great with my oldest DD.  She goes to 3 to 4 Phish Phestivals per year.  If you every get out to Portland, OR, I'll set you two up.  (She drinks and runs trails).

It was my first Phish festival....I've seen them before in Philly but the camping/festival setting is definitely a whole different experience. I've been wanting to get out to OR for awhile now, I'll let you know if I make it happen!

Daydreamer1

Just got out of bed after getting home from work around 9 this morning. I'd like to get in a run sometime yet but I have a lot of school work to get started on.

QOTD:  Unlike Jame I don't bite my nails, I trim them with my teeth Clown.  DW gets upset at me about this all the time. i just tell her that I'm saving money by not having to buy a fingernail clipper Big grin. For some reason she just doesn't get it.  I could also join a support group for procrastinators and I would easily be the king.

Brian Runner

Rest day following yesterday's 25 miles.

Watoni

SRD or a quick ride today.

A bit sad that with this volume I am tired, but so be it. About 20 total yesterday was rough. Heat and fatigue from prior days made running 50 miles with about 9,000 feet of gain and loss over five days (four running days and one cycling day  of 20 miles/2500 feet. I went through 50 ounces of water in 10 miles (2500 feet up) and just bonked a bit. I ran another ten total (8 miles back, and then 2 miles on a blackberry picking outing in the neighborhood), but felt drained.

C'est la vie. This weekend should tell me a lot as to where my running fitness is, so I am just going to rest and hope for the best!

QOTD: A bit too much wine, most likely.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think I will be taking the day off.

Jamezilla:  It always surprise me when runners smoke.

mtwarden:  Enjoy your free time!!!

Northern:  We wives love our time away from the old man sometimes doesn't mean we don't love em, mine just left for Portland....stay longer, drive the coast, stop for a MT Bike ride take your time honey you earned it.  Wink

QOTD:  Everyone is hitting lot's of my worst habits so I will pick a number one.  Drink too much.  I so look forward to my cocktails at the end of the night be it wine, beer and lately Margaritas.  I know the wasted calories are killing me.  I also drop the F bomb too much, procrastinate,  and if you asked DW I spend too much time running and not enough doing yardwork. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Jamezilla:  It always surprise me when runners smoke.

It's the worst...I've seen people smoking at running events and it is ridiculous...disgusting even.  Quitting smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times...

**Ask me about streaking**

Daydreamer1

Quitting smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times...

Have you tried the electronic cigarettes. I have some friends that did and were successful. One is a gym rat who while he doesn't run, except for some TM,  is in very good shape. Said switching slightly helped his work outs and made a major difference in his morning coughing routine.