Trailer Trash

Say Hello To Winter Sundaily (Read 32 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 7 miles in the hills this AM with a buddy from Missoula, legs are a wee bit sore from my Stuart Peak summit on Saturday; the mountain running film festival was a blast- am highly motivated now 

we're supposed to below 0 Tuesday night, that will be a shock to the system as we've been enjoying 40's and 50's the last couple of weeks 

qotd: I'm pretty good on winter stuff- two pairs of snowshoes, two pairs of x-country skis, my closet looks like it could outfit a small platoon for winter outings

I do like the idea of the neoprene booties to put over my running shoes though, so I'll probably get a pair of those-thanks FTYC! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Another short hike today.. a little more focused on mechanics this time. The rest has done me good but it's tough seeing my wife going off for runs while I putter around the house.

QOTD: stuff that'll let me stay out for extended periods, esp. better top baselayer, face mask and ski goggles. if I'm gonna be out there for 6 (or 8) hours on occasion the whole sunglasses and buff freezing to my face thing is not gonna work

Gator eye

I had a great run this morning.  20 turned into 30 and I felt like more but I gave in cause I knew I was already pressing my luck at 30. Weather was great long run weather at 35 or so with a gentle breeze

QOTD:  I need to invest in anther jacket and maybe some pants, my other stuff is a little big on me.

Watoni

Took off on the bike to escape work given it was a beautiful fall day here and with very little fog at the coast (with a few exceptions).

Came upon a 16-year old who crashed hard on his bike and was bloodied in the middle of the road. I tried to calm him, make sure he did not move and nobody else hit him with their bike or car. He ended up being airlifted (not many places to land nearby, so they used a nearby farm that they drove him to) with a concussion, broken wrists, etc. I picked up his bike later and am about to call his mom again.

Yikes! Be careful out there.

I then proceeded to ride all the way to coast and home .... screw it! My energy level is pretty low but it was totally worth it.