Trailer Trash

Malevolent Monday (Read 13 times)

LB2

I ran 3 miles this morning and followed it with three sets of dumbbell front raises, shoulder presses, and lunges. It feels good to lift weights and run consistently again. I need the release because people are pissing me off early this morning.

QOTD: Do you prefer exercise in the morning or later in the day?

I need to start my day with physical activity. It puts me in a better mental state to deal with problems, and if I exercise later in the day, I don't sleep well.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Well my luck with dodging Lyme disease ended last week as I woke up with Bull's Eye Rash on Wednesday and then aches and pains so yes contracted Lyme disease. On antibiotics now (day 4). Never saw a tick on the site where the first rash appeared (I had 2 of them, huge disgusting things). Friday was my worst day, fever/chills, sorest neck I've ever had which mean a bad night's sleep to boot. I jumped in the pool Friday to swim with missus and was chilled to the bone and the water is 90 degrees with this heat wave. A trip to the chiro, some estim, lots of ice, and time has resolved the sore neck issue. Blood test was negative for Lyme but that is normal for an early infection. Feeling much better already after 4 days of Doxy. Chewing probiotic gummies like crazy now as well.

Felt good enough yesterday to jog but opted for a nice 4 mile walk at the Birdsboro watershed. We ran into our friend Squid and since were walking not running we joined them to finish our walk down from the upper reservoir. Squid is one lucky dog... her owner lives adjacent to the watershed property. It is amazing place with multiple reservoirs, spring fed creeks and streams, a seasonal trout stream (Hay Creek), rock climbing cliffs in an old quarry, too many trails to count with most every sort of surface you could want, plus plenty of shade, and no formal leash laws!

Watched most all of the World Track Championships this past weekend and last week. Having it live in the US Pacific time was great. Saw everything live in real time. What a final night/weekend.

QOTD:  I agree about the feeling from a morning run but I transitioned to evening running a long time ago so prefer that schedule wise plus now morning time is when I get the Lady out for her "long" walk of the day. We used to walk/jog (aka wog) for 2 miles but now just 1 mile max slow walk around the hood.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

We are continuing our rambles around Oregon. Rann7.4 around Klamath Falls yesterday.  Stayed in Springfield last night, literally across the freeway from Eugene where the athletics championships wrapped up yesterday. Looked into getting tix but too pricey.  Better view on the TV anyway. 

XT, ugh in the Lyme. Good that you caught it early. 

QOTD: I prefer mornings to work out, but I’ve found that I can have trouble focusing on work after.  So I usually run after work on weekdays and in the morning on weekends.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Hi all. Meant to get up at 6 am to run with Chowder, but accidentally fell back asleep. Managed to get Chowder for a walk before my morning appointment and really regretted missing my run. It actually felt kinda decent out at 6:45 am. Would have been a nice run. Maybe later, but some strong storms are due.

XT- good to hear you caught it early and got on Doxy.

qotd: I prefer mornings. Just sets a good tone for the day.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walk day 2.5.  

qotd:  I need to exercise in am, otherwise I am likely to blow it off.   But I think I prefer it later in the day.  

xt:  Hope you heal soon.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got a mild break from the heat. It was only 84F when I started.  Got in 7.1 miles.

XT - Lyme disease really sucks.  Hope the antibiotic course does its job and you have no lingering effects.

qotd:  Definitely prefer the afternoon, so trying to get out earlier to avoid the worst of the heat has been a challenge.  Sometimes I;ll get in an evening run, but the last 10 days my evenings have been occupied with watching the World Championships.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

Well my luck with dodging Lyme disease ended last week as I woke up with Bull's Eye Rash on Wednesday and then aches and pains so yes contracted Lyme disease. On antibiotics now (day 4). Never saw a tick on the site where the first rash appeared (I had 2 of them, huge disgusting things). Friday was my worst day, fever/chills, sorest neck I've ever had which mean a bad night's sleep to boot. I jumped in the pool Friday to swim with missus and was chilled to the bone and the water is 90 degrees with this heat wave. A trip to the chiro, some estim, lots of ice, and time has resolved the sore neck issue. Blood test was negative for Lyme but that is normal for an early infection. Feeling much better already after 4 days of Doxy. Chewing probiotic gummies like crazy now as well.

I pulled a tick off my butt the size of tarantula in Oklahoma. I never had a Bull's Eye Rash or anything. I guess I got lucky. Last year, my friend and I were ravaged by ticks in Florida. It was bad, but again, no issues. I have been lucky. I hope you recover soon.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

I absolutely HATE ticks.  When I have had one on me I can feel the nasty bug crawling so I don't really have them latch on.  It's almost as if they don't like my blood.  I do pull them off the horses and drop them in a water bottle filled with rubbing alcohol to kill their asses.  Did I mention I hate them.

I'm surprised my DH hasn't gotten lyme as ticks see to like him.  What I've done in the past when doing a trail run is put Vicks around my sockline, around my shorts and the back of my head just below the hat I wear.  Seems to work.