Trailer Trash

Monster Weekender (Read 12 times)

LB2

This morning it was in the upper 60's, a real break from the stifling heat we have had over the last month. I hope it stays like this, but it won't. I just hiked 3 miles this morning. It was easy. My left quad had that soreness that hurts but feels good at the same time yesterday. It was fine this morning, but I am due a rest day. I am just counting hiking as an active rest day. 5 miles tomorrow is the plan.

QOTD: When is the first frost in your area most years?

Most years, it doesn't seem to come until November (mid to late), but once in awhile, we will get one in late October. I am looking forward to the first one. I hope it comes early this year.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles with DW and Tiny Elvis this morning (5 miles yesterday w/ TE).  DW, TE and I did an overnighter in the Big Belt Mountains Wed/Thur.  Was really nice trip, saw several mountain goats- a nanny and kid up very close.  Caught a few trout at the lake we stayed at, flushed several grouse on the way up (and down the next day)- none sitting long enough to take a poke w/ my revolver.

Heading for Missoula for my granddaughters birthday today (turns 7).

qotw: usually late September-ish

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Live tracking suggests that Sandy called it a day after 50k at the Monster.   Hope he’s okay. 

Walked 4 miles this morning. Yard work, laundry, and football on the tube for the rest of the day. 

QOTD: frost is pretty rare on the coast. But given the way weather is these days, nothing would surprise me.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Hi Guys, yeah the sad tale is that I dnf’ed. As Gatsby mentioned they stopped my results at mile 32, but actually I made that last climb up to Myrtle AS (mile 42), but since I was already after the cutoff of the next AS 4 miles later I guess I was timed out.

I didn’t have any trouble with the elevation or the weather since there was some cloud cover for a bit (no rain where I was). The problem was after a while I couldn’t keep any food or gels down, I’d feel great after I barfed but then when I tried to refuel a few minutes later I’d be barfing again then after a while it just all caught up with me.  Bummer.  But I guess the real issue was this, here are 2 photos of the trail…

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ That's too bad; those "trails" look more like places I hunt vs trails 

4 miles today in Missoula w/ my niece's husband and Tiny Elvis, back home now

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy, ugh those are some soul-crushing rocks. Sorry to hear about the barfing too.  Has that happened to you before?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

Sandy: Sorry the Monster got you. That "trail" looks gnarly.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Sorry Sandy, ouch that looks like a challenge. More for hiking than running. Do you have time for another HR qualifier and/or are there even any more open this time of year? Probably difficult to think about that now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

^ That's too bad; those "trails" look more like places I hunt vs trails 

Yeah, I guess things are reversed here. They run up on gnarly trails, but you could hunt elk from across the street while sitting in a bar eating dinner and watching the Dallas Cowboys annihilate the NY Giants.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √