Trailer Trash

Three eagles (Read 35 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Sorry, but I have a cheap camera and am a poor photographer:

Mom (arbitrary decision on our part) is above, one baby below, other below and to the left.

The nest is about fifteen feet across, about a 125 feet above us.

They will take off and fly (fledge) any day (moment?) now.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Great shots, John. Thanks for posting.

I had the pleasure of running in Dutch Harbor, AK when I was in the Coast Guard. I

was running along a dirt road and out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought was

a small dog on top of crab pots, once I got closer I realized it was a Bald Eagle. He/She

just watched me run by, it was incredible!, talk about capturing a brief moment in time.

sugnim

I"m so glad you apologized for those awful pictures.  Great shots of an eagle family and their nest--what were you thinking?   Wink  Thanks for sharing!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Love seeing an eagles nest.  I have only had the pleasure once in my life.  I was driving in Maine and saw a nest on top of a powerline tower (or something like that) in the middle of the highways.   It was great.  I did not get to see the eagles though.

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

That nest looks bigger than our apartment.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Eagles yay!  I see them frequently in the winter but I don't think they nest here, at least not the Bald Eagle.

LB2

Last spring I was turkey hunting and ended up spooking a gobbler out of a field, which I rarely do. I sat next to a large white oak at the edge of the field, dejected. I caught movement to my right. It was a huge, mature bald eagle with a large fish. It landed in a tree about a 100 yards away. I watched it through my binoculars for about 30 minutes as it ate the fish and fought with a crow. I don't know what ever happened to that turkey, but I didn't care. Had I killed that turkey, I would have been gone long before the eagle showed up with the fish. I have learned to take a day in the woods as it comes, running or hunting. A blessing is sure to come. It turned out to be about the best hunt I had all season. Good pictures, John.

LB2

Snowdenrun

Nice shots! They posed for you quite nicely.

Love this.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR