Trailer Trash

Da Funk (Read 58 times)

skeene07

Dirty Girl

I really don't have any additional advice to add either except to say that I feel you. I have been in a funk I since my 50M. Before that even but I thought it was just burn out. Two months later and I am still in this funk. It is slowly getting better but I think this time of the year (heat & humidity) makes it tough to get out the door anyways.

i say forget the mud run and do one of those runs that puff colors all over you. Looking like a rainbow has gotta make you feel better....right?! Wink

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Thanks for the feedback again.  I know many of you (probably most runners) go through this - sometimes on a semi regular basis.

Watoni - I certainly hope the best for you.  Yo definitely have some lofty tasks ahead of you.  I am truly a very buys person with work, 3 young kids, being mindful that I am not taking too much time away from them, making sure DW has her time, school work, church stuff, etc..  It's a wonder I have time to sleep...

RunMuppy - love the idea of Ricketts Glenn.  I haven't been there in a few years.  I need to convince my camping buddy that we need to go back.

Jamezilla - hope you break out of your funk too.  Funny thing is that I did sign up for a race - (a HM) and then didn't go.  Signing up wasn't enough motivation to go.  That's when I knew this was getting bad.  That is very unlike me.

Jon - I am glad you commented.  I want to say my "funk" is all relative to my own situation.  It pales in comparison to what you have and are still going through.

TnC - I have contemplated seeking my own therapy.  Pride I suppose gets in the way a little bit.  But I would be a hypocrite if I didn't take my own advice I give to many.  I am going to try a few things here and see how it goes.  If it continues to be as it has been the last couple of weeks I wll seek further help and swallow my pride.

DD - sleep could be part of the issue.  I certainly feel tired.  But I didn't have this issue last year and I have been an early riser for a while.  Running has energized me for a while - not so much recently.  Having said that - I have been "sleeping in" more recently.

Stacey - hang in there yourself.  I have heard people say that it takes the body a couple of years at least to get used to higher mileage.  Maybe your body is still in that initial phase of getting used to the killer running schedule you guys keep.  And maybe I should enter a color crossfit mud run.  Now that might just work!

I am seriously contemplating some extended time off.  I don't know why it's such a hard decision. I am wavering.  Maybe I should go for a run to think about it more.

And thanks again to the RA support group.  Carry on...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday