Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesday (Read 19 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sorry to hear about work and DS.  Did the doc prescribe prednisone?  That stuff will clear up an allergic reaction faster than anything.  Benadryl, while good only treats the symptoms.  Hope he gets better soon!

glad to hear you’re meeting up with Sandy!

Sue - No balls report today.  Still a bit of rash, so easy decision to take another RD.  Ok, I guess thar was a balls report. 

The doctor said Benadryl should work, and he has gotten better, but it's still a bad rash. I'll take him back to the doc tomorrow, maybe kiddo will get some prednisone. However, steroids are not great for kids, I think maybe that's why we didn't get any.

This is what he looked like yesterday:

The rash was/is like this all over his body, including the face, neck, and inside his palms. Doc said DS made the "rash of the day".

Run for fun.

Back from a few delightful days in MI and OH.  Ran a trail HM in Pinckney and road marathon in Toldeo over the weekend.  Got out before the worst of the rain, fortunately.

Bert-o, thanks for not providing more of a balls report.    But sounds like you are doing better overall?

DHuff, I agree with Harrier, maybe hold off on the events, or try some shorter distances, or just go somewhere to run for the fun of it and try to rediscover what you enjoy about running.  Or if you decide that you don't enjoy running any more, that's fine too.  Lots of other ways to enjoy the outdoors.  I usually cut back on mileage towards the end of the year with the holidays, rain, and shorter daylight hours, and that seems to be enough of a break for me.  I also do things that are fun and enjoyable, and I don't really have a "racing" gear.

QOTD: 206 miles, down a little from last month.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR