Trailer Trash

Freeloading Fridaily (Read 9 times)

Spammers and bots, ugh. 

SRD today. Looking forward to a relaxed weekend. 

QOTD: are spammers and bots much of a hassle in your daily life?

For me, not too bad. My junk mail folder does a good job at catching the garbage emails. I occasionally get calls from unknown numbers, which I do not answer.   But, I can’t figure out how to stop “Stefano’s Pizza” from sending me texts with 20% off coupons. I block them, but they return a week or two later from a different no.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'll get caught up w/ my miles- Wed 8 miles, Thurs and today 7 miles- all with TE 

DW is skiing, she found out this is the last weekday ski and they plan to play it by ear for weekends; I think they'll go to least the first weekend in April- they don't have a ton of snow, but it's been decently cool and have added a little snow here and there.  She much prefers weekdays (and pretty much doesn't go on weekends) lots less crowded

qotd: not too much; what I don't like about my Mac is that it will catch spam that've I alerted it to (by me hitting "block this sender"), but puts in my junk mail-so I get the same 3-4 spammers everyday in my junk email.  How about just block the bastards- I don't need it my junk mail, only to have to delete the junk mail 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD today. 

qotd:  Not too bad in our e-mail addresses. But we do have one “sacrificial address” that works but we only use it in “iffy situations” so we don’t care about getting spam in that address.  We don’t use our “real” addresses in “iffy situations”.

I get a few unknown calls on the phone and don’t answer them.

tbd.