Trailer Trash

Recovery Mondailes (Read 19 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

A Keiruge made you realize I was unsophisticated!  Not my poor grammar, my 12 yr Oldboy sense of humor, my love of the woods and all things dirty and my ch more lol

Good lord, I feel like crap for  some reason. Just in general, both mentally and physically. Took some vitamin I about 30 minutes ago and starting to feel better.  I think it's from my sleep being messed up and using too much caffeine .   Cold and windy here. Temp is about 62 with a stiff breeze.  Should be a little warmer so I could get my biking shoes to dry out. Have them laying out in the sun as they are still soaked from my last ride.

Probably will run for 4-7 miles. All depends on how I feel and what DW wants to do when she gets home.

Moon - Good job on not being smart enough to not run and not knowing when to quit .

Queen - You are sooooo unsophisticated. Keurigs are only for people who have no idea what good coffee is .  At least that's what the coffee snobs say.  It's amazing how much some people hate Keurig.  FWIW, DW loves hers.  I really have no opinion. She's the coffee addict, I'm clean .

QOTD:

Running:  A pair of warm up pants that I bought from Wal-Mart decades ago. I run in them every winter and they just keep going and going and going.  Kind of like my Cateye bike computer.

Non-running:  My Spenco insoles in my work shoes/boots.  Another item that I've had for decades, litterally. I switch them between shoes all the time so they get a lot of use. The covering under the heel area is finally breaking down so I ordered a new pair because for some reason it bothers me in one pair of shoes but not the other pairs.  I list this as a non-running because I tend to use Superfeet insoles in my Hokas.

Worst gear:  My Kahr P380. It's small and light. Made of polymer and stainless so it won't rust. But the slide randomly locks back and it likes to jam for no reason. Going to have to send it back to the manufacturer.  Supposedly a lot of cops like them as their hide away gun. Not sure why as this one is very unreliable.

Starting to feel better so I'm going to sally forth with my trusty sword, aka Stihl FS 90 weedeater and do battle with the weeds.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

moonlight - nice poem, loved IAT 50K on the Kettle Moraine trails. Besides I got to meet Mandy there and eat some of her home baked cookies.

Finally starting to feel more my usual self (I was going to say normal, but I'm not sure normal applies to me).  4 miles easy working on my run-walk pacing for Eagle Up on Saturday.

qotd:  Two items, both gifts rather than purchases: my first Gortex suit and my first Garmin

qotd: Non-running, hands down my PC

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

dhuffman63

Trails

George I look forward to the RR from the 24 hour.  I'm right now trying to determine the best shoes to take to mine.  I've eliminated several pairs already.