Trailer Trash

Wonderful weekender (Read 11 times)

What's so wonderful, you ask?  I have no plans this weekend.  And I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home.  Went out with DH last night for a glass of wine and jazz at a local cafe.  It's a tiny, hole in the wall spot but they get some amazing acts because the cafe's founder (now deceased) was well known in the jazz world.  Glad it has continued even after he's gone.

Happy Easter weekend to anyone celebrating.

I'll go for a short run today, aiming for easy 6 miles.  Slowly starting to build up miles again since the lungs seem to be tolerating it.  I'e had bouts of bronchitis that lasted for weeks previously so I'm being very cautious now.

QOTD: Weekend plans?  See above.  Might listen to some baseball on the radio while doing the usual chores around the house and yard.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

Got back from our hunting trip in Alabama yesterday evening. I killed one gobbler in my three days of hunting. I could have killed another one, but he was on the neighbor's property and wouldn't come through the fence. On the other two bordering properties that would have been fine as it was cleared through the landowner, but the north side was a "no go". Nevertheless, I have no complaints. I got to hunt with my friend the rest of the week, and we got close but not quite there. Of course, he already has 2 in Mississippi, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Everyone is happy, and we can get after them this coming weekend.

QOTD: Catch up on things around the house; I'll continue walking, may actually run in the morning. I have exceeded 100 miles for the month of March, which is farther than I thought I would get.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Got back here a few days ago after spending time in Virginia. My older sister who lived out there passed a few weeks ago and another sister and I were spending time going thru things, emptying the house and a mini-warehouse, basically trying to close things up and get the house on the market. Did manage some great mountain biking and one long run in the Shenendoah on my way back. Winter reappeared here with a 9" dumping of snow and colder temps.

Today I've been messing around with sap as with winter reappearing there is sap starting up again. Not sure for how long but we'll do some more anyway. Ran the last two days for 5 miles each, some rowing and weights additionally. Today will be the elliptical and rowing some more.

LB-- heard a commotion yesterday with some banging in my lower level, went downstairs and there was a huge butterball doing battle with his reflection in the patio door. Freaked my dog out. Surprised he didn't bust the glass. Of course thought of you right away. 

QOTD-- Giving a boat and trailer to my brother in law so I have to repack bearings and make sure the lights are working, clean it up, etc. Tomorrow I hope anyway.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles w/ DW and TE this morning- typical Spring trails- ice, snow, mud and even occasionally a dry stretch   Strength trained this afternoon—I think it's safe to say that the New Year's resolution crowd has pretty much disappeared at the gym, it's been the same for the last 10+ years.

qotw: DW has a big feed planned even though it's just two of us- glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, deviled eggs (they are called deviled eggs for a reason! ), hot cross buns from the bakery and a lemon cake for dessert.

Congrats LB!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

5 miles on a lovely sunny Easter morning.  A little longer than my training plan called for, but it was so nice out and my lungs were reasonably happy with the easy pace so I added on a bit.

DH decided to whip up some steak and eggs for brunch so I'm looking forward to that.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Easter everyone!

5 miles w/ Tiny Elvis this morning; DW went skiing for a half day—we'll start feasting in a couple of hours 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

MT I want to come to your house Smile. Ever since I got out of the hospital Wed I've been ravenous and craving meat.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

MT I want to come to your house Smile. Ever since I got out of the hospital Wed I've been ravenous and craving meat.

No problem, we’ll be eating in about an hour 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Yesterday I did a quick 4 mi then we met our DD at a farmer’s market (picked up some treats), then went to lunch.  This morning I did 15 mi on the trails that my DD trains horses on, bumped into her and PeeJay a couple of times. It was a bit warm and also muggy, but actually not too crazy.

qotd: See above, plus we’re been watching some women’s basketball.

Some photos from this morning.

tbd.