Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 29 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks! got in a mile last night.

Yep, one single mile.

It's been a rough couple of days filled with traveling and Dr. appointments at the Children's Hospital in Salt Lake.

The baby needs a little surgery, but should be fine in the long run.

Tonight will bring at least 5. I need to get in at least one decent workout before my 5K tomorrow night.

QOTD: pass

It was a great morning for our 6 mile trail run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Rest day from running but hitting the weights with some core work thrown in. I have felt real spacey and light headed the last couple days. Tried beer but it only made me more spacey. Maybe rest.  But the mtn. bike is always in the SUV so maybe after work. All this talk about swimming leads me to grab the goggles and head to the pool early tomorrow. Thanks people!

Birdwell-sorry to hear of this. Hope all works out for you. Nothing is worse than a sick or hurt child.

LB2

Birdwell: I hope everything works out. I am sure it will. I'll keep the baby in my prayers.

Five muggy miles this morning in the darkness. I really like running in the dark.

QOTD: How much time do you spend running with a headlamp or handheld, and what kind are you using right now?

1. I probably spend about 40 to 50 percent of my time running in the dark on trails.

2. I am using the Black Diamond Storm right now. I really like it, but it is a little heavier than my old one. Once you get accustomed to it, you don't even notice it being there.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No running yesterday but I might try and get out tonight.

Saw a nice leak in our soffit today as someone was showing upstairs.  Somedays I just hate being a home owner!

Birdwell - I ditto the prayers and sentiments.  Nothing worse than seeing your child in that situation.  Makes a parent feel helpless.

QOTD: When I was running more, I ran early mornings or after dark at night.  Even now that is what I do.  So I spend most runs with a light.  LB2 I also have the BD storm.  I love it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Birdwell-hope everything goes smoothly w/ your child

SRD (taper) for me, will bike to work

qotd: as the days are shortening, I'm just starting to use a headlamp in the morning for about 10-15 minutes into my run (that will increase as the days continue to shorten)  I'm using a BD Revolt- for shorter runs I use the rechargeable batteries, on longer runs (or overnights backpacking) I use lithium AAA's.  I like using two of them, one on my head, one on my waist- really helps me pick up rocks, roots, etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

7 this a.m. on road/rail trail - beautiful, cool morning.

QOTD:  haven't used one since March, and probably won't again until October/November.  I think I have the BD Spot - no complaints with it.

QOTD: I like to run in the dark or near dark without a light when/where possible.  When I do use a light I use either a Petzl Tikka or a little cheap two AA handheld light.  I have been running mostly late enough in the morning that there is at least enough light to manage without the light, but sometimes it is dark enough to just barely manage Smile

When I am stumbling around in the dark, Marley seems to get it and will lead me if I ask her to "show me".  My previous dog used to hang back when she saw that I was going to stumble off the trail in the dark.  I swear she was laughing at me, but my daughter said she was just worried I would fall on her.

I was more likely to run in the dark before I retired and was/am more likely to in the winter.  Running in the dark with snow on the ground is awesome, but typically I go without a light then.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

QOTD:  haven't used one since March, and probably won't again until October/November.  I think I have the BD Spot - no complaints with it.

I think the Storm is just a waterproof Spot.

LB2

Daydreamer1

The weather is nice so I'm going to spend some time working on my one storage shed. Then I'll head out for a 6-8 mile run depending on how I feel.

Birdwell  -- Keeping the baby in my thoughts. Both of my children needed surgeries. DD needed two and DS needed one. It's kind of nerve wracking but I just focused on the fact that most surgeries these days turn out well.

QOTD: I rarely use a light, but when I do it's a Princeton Tech EOS. The reasons I got this one were:  price, local dealer sells a lot of them, and it was built here in the good old U.S. of A.  It works well for me. DS has a BD but It doesn't have the model printed on it so I have no idea which one it is. He likes it but it's heavier then my EOS.

I like running in the dark with no light so most of the time I'll just carry a flashing light and turn it on if a vehicle is coming. The first time I used the EOS I started out at dusk. Even though I was still able to see a little bit I turned it on just to try it out. The beam picked up a couple of objects in the road about 30 feet from me. Running in farm country I assumed that it was just hunks of dirt or maybe blobs of manure that fell off a spreader. Switched the light up to high to see better and came to a screeching halt. It was a family of Skunks . Needless to say if I would have just had the flashing light with me I would have probably stepped on several of the kittens.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Started work early today, and left late, then driving the kids around town to different activities. I wouldn't mind running from one location to the next, but I'm concerned that I'd arrive there without the kids in tow... 

5 fast miles yesterday, and I'm planning on a hill workout later today, but it probably will be late.

Which leads to the

QOTD: Only sometimes, either planned night runs, or when I don't get a run in during daylight. Typically once or twice every 2-4 weeks. I agree that running in the night on snow is fabulous, but I just discovered running (well, not always) on very steep, rocky trails in the dark - very exciting, too (if you like throwing yourself into a dark chute, that is).

Birdwell: Hope things turn out well with the baby!

Our middle DS needed surgery when he was not quite 2 years old. I still remember how helpless and worried I felt until I knew everything would be fine again.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Birdwell - hope all tuns out well for the little one. Nothing worse than worrying about a sick child.

Had a nice 6 miles on some trails in the n orthern part of Auburn. DD was up there with the horse (that's where the horse lives) so it was just easier to run around there while they were doing a few easy miles.

qotd: I run with a Petzl Tikka headlamp and a small handheld fromGander Mountain.

tbd.

Occasional Runner

Ran the Pfeifferhorn in Cottonwood Canyon this morning with My bearded buddy, Leon and Luke Nelson. 10 mile out and back with 4500' of climbing in the first 5 miles. I took a nasty spill 1 mile before the truck and smashed my cheekbone on a rock. Kinda sucked.

This picture is after Luke washed all the blood off once. Ruined my favorite Hammer shirt.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

OUCH!

Looks like you might have to grow a beard to hang out w/ those guys Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

Ouch is right - 4500' of climbing in 5 miles?  That hurts.

Oh, and the cheek looks bad too - hope no permanent damage.