Trailer Trash

Trail Marking Fridailies (Read 41 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Afternoon trailers. Travel day for the big 100 mile debut. Scared shitless. Have a great weekend everyone! Will update Sunday.

Good luck, hope your plan will bring you to the finish line!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Afternoon trailers. Travel day for the big 100 mile debut. Scared shitless. Have a great weekend everyone! Will update Sunday.

Good luck!!!!  Be sure to post us a race report!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

I'm mot surprised that we are a community of volunteers.    I asked the question because I have a patient who works for non-profits doing fundraising.  She said it was well known that people who exercise and take care of themselves were more likely to help out others.  I must say that I never thought of that before so I thought I'd throw it out to this group to see if it held some truth.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Afternoon, all!

SRD for me. Running the Delaware Trail Marathon tomorrow. I'm pretty excited for it, the weather looks amazing for tomorrow AM. Has the potential to reach 70 later in the afternoon, but temps will be in the 40's-low 60's for race time, with humidity decreasing as the day goes on.

I'll post a RR some point on Saturday or Sunday.

Good luck on your runs and races this weekend, all! 

QOTD: I volunteer to run dogs at a local shelter, and also as an ambassador for Team in Training. Also volunteer every year at the Philly Folk Festival. Looking to volunteer at some ultras this year as well.

dpc3

Good luck TnC and TmoTmo Run Strong!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good luck TnC, you're going to nail it! Good luck also to everyone else who is racing this weekend!

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

Ramping after my double AT. Did my longest run in almost two years today, and it was splendid! Spent three hours on some of the most beautiful trails in the Marin Headlands: from Rodeo beach to Tennesee valley to Muir beach and back via Pirates Cove. That's five climbs of 600-800 ft each. The visibility was perfect and I was enjoying both the ocean and my city in the background.

The last hour my feet were sore and I was dreaming of putting them in the cold Pacific. Unfortunately the temperature had dropped to 55F and the evening breeze was picking up, so I was too cold to stay for long.

I get a huge sushi craving after long runs, and today was no different. Picked up some excellent nigiri and some ginger drink at whole foods. Normally  I would also have craved beer, but after taking the first 100 days of the year off alcohol I developed a distaste for it. So organic-hippie-zen-ginger drink it was.

This was a very good afternoon!

Oh, and I don't volunteer. After 8 years in the US, I'm slowly becoming american enough to feel bad about that fact. I view the volunteering culture as a huge strength in the culture here. My resolution is to start giving back to the community when the kids have slept through the night for one full month in a row.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Uh oh... now what?

I can't keep up with folks, 72 minutes doing something sort of aerobic,

three hours playing trail clearing, other stuff that isn't near as much fun

as it used to be.

Good luck to the folks going to a starting line wherever for whatever.

QOTD:  Yes.  That is how we got to North Dakota.  A very rewarding time,

place, experience, and so forth and so on.