Trailer Trash

Forage ahead Fridailey (Read 46 times)

The pooch and I had a longish hike instead of a run so she could play with her buddy Glimmer the Dogo Argentino.

QOTD:  The Life of Pi, great book and great movie.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

traildc: A short run would allow for a baked potato, with sour cream and bacon. Just sayin...

ASU: Impressive, how you casually mention a 100k. Good luck!!

sugnim: Love runs along a river! I have also noticed that days are getting almost an hour longer than they used to be mid-December. Good for us!

Harrier: You mean, more than the three sets of outfits I can possibly put together, if I am willing to include my oldest pants? Wouldn't that be overdoing it a bit? I'm on a budget, you know! Blush

Some of my best workouts come when I start out really slowly, and don't even intend to do a high intensity. Glad your hip is coming along so well. Have fun at the cabin!

AT: Nice change of roles, playing tourist. But a good way to see the sights which usually you don't get to visit when it is your home town. Even though it brings on pains and exhaustion way beyond what a run can do to you. Big grin

warden: You will become a true trail beast, with all that strength training and such!

Mandy: Good luck with the PT!

Jamie: It did not only feel cold, it was, at least here. And lots of wind. Great day for an indoor workout!

smith: Nice running!

Sandy: Crisp?? Must be the one day in the year when it's not humid, either hot or cold. Glad you got some nice running weather, finally!

Edit: TT: Nice change in pace. And nice to give Marley some playtime with a South American charmer!

Over and out, for a few miles in the sunny cold!

Run for fun.

Scrapster

Heading out for an hour on the paved recreation trail at lunch.  Meeting the wife of a running buddy.  She's dipping her toe in the running water, so hopefully I can convert her.  Smile

GOOD LUCK NATHAN, and GOOD LUCK TO ALL RACERS THIS WEEKEND!!!

QOTD: Um, no.  Before this summer, the last movie I'd seen in a theater was Mike Meyer's Cat in the Hat.  I've seen a few movies this summer/fall, but none of the ones listed.  

Going to run a 100k tomorrow. 

Awesome! Have fun Big grin

I got in a little over 3 miles before I realized my key had fallen out of what I had thought was a really neat key pocket in my new gloves. Fortunately I was doing a short loop, so there was only 1 mile of single track to search lol. 90 minutes later I actually found my needle in a haystack!!! Trying to warm back up now. I was not dressed for sloooowly walking. From now on the key goes in zippered pockets only!!

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Trail Monster

Be safe out there everyone! I was attacked by a loose dog a little over a mile into my run. The police still haven't caught him so I'm headed off to the treadmill. I will be buying new pepper spray and maybe a whistle later today!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

KreegSauceRuns

ASU: Impressive, how you casually mention a 100k. Good luck!!

I mention it so casually because I don't know if I'd even call it that.  I'm going to participate in a 100k trail race tomorrow where I will run somewhere between 1 and 100k.  It's a 4.5 mile loop course that you do 14 times.  So I can stop whenever.  Of course I'd love to finish, but this isn't a goal race for me and my main objective is to get in a good long run and not re-injure my shin forcing me to miss training for goal race (Massanutten 100).

I'd like to get in 50k.  But if I feel good and keep going and get to, say, 50M, then I will definitely want to finish.  But the key will be knowing when to stop if something doesn't feel right.  Tomorrow will be a true test of discipline vs. personal pride.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Ultra Cowboy

Planned to run 6 last night along a hilly narrow road route, and turned around 29 minutes in.  Saw a car coming and crossed to the other side of the road, caught my foot on the asphalt edge and went down.  No blood but then I decided if I passed any other damn cars they could go around me.  The out and back route calculated out to be 5.69 which agitated me.   Had I run another stupid minute and a half I would have had 6.

Going to rest today to run 19 tomorrow on my 50k course.

ASU best of luck.

Banshee, Any bloodshed?  Did you use your Pepper spray?

Scrapster, way to reach out.

Lynde, I locked my keys in the car this AM so I've been doing the spare key shuffle all morning...

TT what is the Temperament of the Dogo?  As a breed bred for catching wild hogs they are renowned.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Hey. all! Back on the canal path today, where I realized at the last minute that I forgot my Garmin. Eh. So I just ran comfortably fast for about 3 miles and timed myself at beginning and end with my phone.

QOTD: I've only seen Les Miserables, but I loved it. Of the other nominated films, first on my list to see is Lincoln. I haven't heard of most of the others yet, but I love movies, so will look them up and try to see the ones I'm interested in before the Oscars.

under a rock

I did an easy 3 on the greenway today. I've spent too much time on asphalt this week and am looking forward to my Sunday trail run.

QOTD: I don't think I could tell you off the top of my head what movies are up for awards. I honestly don't even remember at this moment which hollywood awards you were asking about. I have never cared for awards shows, whether it be for movie or music. I like to watch movies and that is where my interest ends. Last year I saw The Hobbit and Ted at the theater. I may have seen one other in the theater but I just can't recall. The hubs likes movies a lot more than I do so I see more than I would if I were left to my own devices. We usually wait until they come out on DVD so we don't have to pay for a sitter plus the cost of the movie.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Today was 3 months post surgery and I ran 4 miles at lunch on the treadmill . Minimal amount of pain and I felt pretty good about it , think I have finally rounded the recovery corner .

QOTD - Haven't seen any movies and I don't pay any attention to the awards

Queen of Nothing

Sue

A quick five at lunch today.  Sunny and 60...great weather.  Looking forward to the 3 day weekemd.  Doing a training run for Way too Cool on Saturday.. I thought it was 22 but Rocky is posting 19.  Well whatever it is.

QOTD:  I don't lnow what was nominated but...loved: Argo, Life of Pi

OK: Skyfall,

May add more later but got to get back to work.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

12,19 or 23 QON

See you there.

WYBMADIITY

Save

TT what is the Temperament of the Dogo?  As a breed bred for catching wild hogs they are renowned.

She is a big powerful dog but can be quite gentle.  I would say that for the most part her temperament is calm.  Her owner has her super well trained, but he has to be very careful when she meets new dogs.  She can be kind of defensive until she sees that the other dog is behaving OK.  Once they have met properly she is super nice.  Marley and Glimmer quickly became great pals and play really well together.  Glimmer can also be a little cautious and not trusting of new people for the first few minutes.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida