Trailer Trash

Warm (actually hot) weekender (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Up early with Tiny Elvis, 6 miles (1300’ )

Looks like we have another two weeks of mid 90’s before any relief; Montana summers aren’t what they used to be- come on Fall!

qotw: go to breakfast when you go to a restaurant?  If they have some kind of green chili breakfast burrito, it’s that- if not a Denver omelette (with hash browns!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Good morning!

Warden, ugh on those temps. Does it get better higher up in the mountains?

We're still having fog on the coast so it's not hot here yet.  We'll get our heat in Sept and Oct.  Heading out for some miles after the coffee and banana nut bread settles.

QOTD: French toast.  And I'll steal some of my DH's hash browns.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a little cooler, but normally this time of year in the mountains you could easily see temps down into the 30’s- not even close this year

we’ll definitely cool down by early September, but that’s still a couple of weeks out 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Chowder and I got in just around 3 miles before DS and I had to leave for our foster dog run. It was in the 60s here and very pleasant. Tomorrow is the same. Love this weather. And the foster dog was very sweet. We met his owner who was giving him up. I can't imagine, but he'll have a good life with his next people. And he'll lose some weight and get exercise with his foster.

Harrier: I'm sorry to hear about your pup. The quiet must be unsettling.

qotd: Eggs Benedict. Or French Toast.

Sandy-2

Did 12 mi this morning. Met two running buds, they were walking so I walked with them for a bit.  Typical conditions here lower 80s and humid.

qotd: 2 eggs over easy, with bacon and hash browns.

tbd.

LB2

Ran 10 miles at daybreak. Cut some grass. Went to town to get a new belt for mower. Cut more grass. Got rained on. Cooked burgers. Drank a couple of beers with my father in law. Watched a movie on Hulu called "Prey". I tried it last week, but I thought the effects were terribly done. They were terribly done, but the movie was pretty good. 3.5 or so miles planned for tomorrow. Fertilizing a millet field on the place I am not shooting doves on Labor Day weekend. I don't trust dove shoots when I am not in full control of the property.

QOTD: Breakfast burrito if I am in Colorado or New Mexico, or anywhere west of Dallas. I don't normally have breakfast a restaurant. I really enjoy cooking breakfast for people.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ran a little ladder series as a tempo run starting a run 1:00, walk 1:00, increment the run by 1:00 up to run 9:00, walk 1:00, then cooled down

qotd: my usual breakfast eating out is an omelette or scrambled eggs with hash browns and bacon or sausage.  Most of the restaurants where I eat out don't offer eggs Benedict or breakfast burritos.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 6 miles today....aaahh that's a long run for me these days.  

qotd:  Not a fan of breakfast out  because to easy to make at home but.....HASH BROWNS.....must have hash browns and naybe a mimosa or two.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

14 mi today. Started at 4:45 to beat the heat.  It was ok and then there was a deluge of rain, we’re talking cats n dogs pouring, it felt so nice!!!  But it only lasted for about 1.5 miles.  Unfortunately then the sun popped thru and it was a literal steam bath after that. Well, it was good while it lasted.

Took a long nap later in the morning. 

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Elvis and I were up early (w/ a headlamp) 7 miles (1600'); nice sunrise and then we skedaddled

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just a 2 mile walk....then sand and stain the rest of the day.

Nice sunrise Warden..

Your outside shower sounded wonderful Sandy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

14 yesterday, 12 today.

Bizarre happenings at the Headlands 100 this weekend: a coyote attacked Dean Karnazes Friday night.  He said that as he was opening a Clif bar, the coyote jumped at him from behind and knocked him down.  I run in the Marin headlands a lot and I've never heard of a coyote attacking a person there before.  Possibly the coyote was trying to get to the food, or they were emboldened because it was dark, but who knows.  The race was suspended over night, and runners were given the option to resume at 7 am and run until 7 pm, with no running allowed after dark, per the GGNRA.  The people I knew there all elected to stop.  Crazy.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR