Trailer Trash

Sickly Sundailies (Read 34 times)

NorthernHarrier

On a beer break from chores...

I like the way you operate, Queen  Smile

Just got back from 16+ out at Gov. Dodge. Lots of tourons again, kinda feels like a smaller version of Yellowstone. Very unfriendly bunch too, I'm thinking they are all FIBs. Anyway the hills and the heat have done me in. I could go for a beer myself then a shower and then a nap--maybe an extra beer in there for good measure.  If 16 out there does me in like that I don't see how I can do Moose Mt. in 3 weeks--we'll see.

TT-- Not a good start to the day, I'm thinking.

runtrail--need to hear about your Isle Royale adventure--do tell.

Birdwell--are you running yet?

Birdwell

Birdwell--are you running yet?

Almost. I've gotten in a very few miles doing the run/walk thing over the past two weeks. Gotten a few nice hikes. Last night was supposed to be my first real run, but the fresh tray of brownies my wife made convinced me to stay home.

Foot's feeling fine better. I've decided my knee issues may just be the new normal. I'm aiming for 15-20 total next week.

Thanks for asking!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Congrats Kelly and Sandy on your Leadville finishes!

Friday night, I drove to D.C. with the kids, then got up early on Saturday and ran 10 miles on the Cabin John trail. Very nice to run early in the morning, just around sunrise, and then on the way back see lots of dogs and their owners going to the dog park. Big city life.

Then shopped till I dropped for the kids' school supplies and outfits, and at night drove back home again with the teenage turtle. Because of road construction and related detours, then an accident about 500 ft ahead of us, where we got stuck in the traffic jam for an hour, I arrived at 1 a.m., then got up at 4:30 to meet my running partner at the trailhead. Just he never showed up. Undecided

So I tested out my new headlamp (same model, just another one) alone, on a 10-mile 1400 ft tempo run before work.

Crazy busy at work, and after that,I needed a nap...

Now I just got back from a 2-mile jog with the teen, sure no turtle speed, but I'm glad she's a bit into running now, cracking the whip down on her frail old mother. Smile

TT: How about running with a helmet? Wink

Queen: Same experience with my dog, but she scratched my skin under my eye so that I was bleeding quite a bit. Still a good dog, though!

Birdwell: Glad to hear you're back again. Take it easy!

No QOTD? This is getting a bit non-conversational around here...

Enjoy the evening, everyone!

Run for fun.

TT: How about running with a helmet? Wink

As many concussions as I have had in my life I probably should wear one 24/7/365.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

Nice job Sandy on Leadville...28:20 wooo whooo!

Congrats!! Too bad I did not see you out there. I saw Lace rippin it up (imho)

LB2

About 7 today. I thought I was a little more tired than I should have been; it kinda hurt. Then, I marked my trails and realized that it was alot hillier than I thought.

Nice job, Sandy and Kelly.

LB2

Sandy-2

Sitting in the Denver airport heading home (my DS who was my crew this weeking had a flight 2 hrs before me), so I was catching up on the messages from yesterday.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. Watoni, sorry we didn't get to meet as we'll. Funny how time can get away from you when you are sitting around doing nothing.

tbd.

Watoni

Sitting in the Denver airport heading home (my DS who was my crew this weeking had a flight 2 hrs before me), so I was catching up on the messages from yesterday.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. Watoni, sorry we didn't get to meet as we'll. Funny how time can get away from you when you are sitting around doing nothing.

Unfortunately for me, I was working late Thursday and Friday (barely made it to check in). Bumped into Lace Friday and saw him during the race as well. It was amazing to have my bride and boys there at the finish. It was strange to know they were in Leadville and not see them for over 24 hours. My 40 pound 8 year-old could have probably paced me for the last ten miles (no joke), my bride could have crewed, but I wanted them to enjoy Leadville and with two small kids crewing was out of the question for the bride so I just did without, though I did pick up a pacer for a good 13-14 miles at Outward Bound whose runner had not made the time cut into Winfield who still wanted to run. It really helped on Powerline, but  I probably pushed too hard ... the pacer then had some issues and told me to push on without him. I did so after making sure he was ok and had a path out.