Trailer Trash

Blinded by the Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

XtremeTaper

Storm is gone and it's brighter than bright out there. Walked the dogs on the unplowed snow covered roads after my morning conference call. Came back in the house, barely could see as the transition lenses were still in the process of transitioning.

Storm not quite a dud but only 6-8" here which is fine with me. Should mean the trails will still be usable this weekend. Need to finish shoveling at lunchtime. Did most of it last night but another inch or two fell overnight. This will be a "keep the streak" going sort of day, so probably just 3-4 miles on the road.

QOTD:  Ever see the Boss in concert? Yay or nay to his tunes.

Not a huge fan but I've seen him twice. Sort of impromptu invite on New Year's day with some HS buddies in 1979. It was not on my bucket list of concerts but it was quite a performance. He played 4 hours, no warmup band. Took a break midway. Saw him one other time, can't remember the year, but it was some freebie tickets my wife got from her boss. Rock the Vote concert in Philly. That was cool as he had some other singers like John Fogerty join in for a few tunes. Never understood how people thought "Born in the USA" is a patriotic song.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well hooked up with a woman’s running group, only me and the foundered showed up this morning...which was good for me since I got lost and she waited a half hour for me...even though I text timely and told her to run without me.  Anywho almost 5.

Qotd: My college roommate loved the Boss... I never went to a concert and don’t really listen to him.  Born in the USA, I’ll have to listen to the words next time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles yesterday with TE; will got out for a few after house chores 

qotd: never saw him, but sure listened to a lot of his music back in the day Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

No run yet, but I feel one coming on later in the day. I hunted until 9AM this morning. It looks like a herd of cows came through there last night, but it was all deer. I am not sure what these deer are doing right now. I saw a bunch of deer Sunday, but I haven't seen a buck chasing a doe yet. I do see quite a few people hammering some bigger bucks in the area, but it seems to be a hit or miss situation. I figured this cool weather would super charge the pre-rutting activity into full blown chase mode.

QOTD: I have never seen Springsteen in concert. I am a very big fan of music, but I am not a big fan of Springsteen's. Nevertheless, I find him to be an interesting artist and like to hear his thoughts on things. Now that I have noted that I am not a "big fan" of Springsteen's, I will add that "Dancing in the Dark" is, and will probably always be, one of my top 10 albums that cross all genre's of music. I don't think there is a bad song on that album.

LB2

Gator eye

Got out the door for 8 this morning that felt really good for the shape I’m in. 

Qotd: not really. I’m more of a Jim Morrison guy

Queen - I had a defurment for Wood stock but took the half refund instead. Might sign up for a shorter race there this year, not sure I have anymore 100 left in me

XtremeTaper

Queenie - Good to see you back again. Do you have your pooches back yet? The fact politicians try to use this song in the past is crazy. Here are the lyrics for you.. https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/brucespringsteen/bornintheusa.html

Gator - I am thinking about "Riders on the Wednesdaily" one of these days or perhaps "Light by Fridaily" tomorrow. I can't imagine running 100 again either. Glad to have a few of those buckles though.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

Planning a very few after work. I must be getting old. Transitioning to cold weather is difficult this year.

Queen: I am in Battle Creek.  I love driving trips though..some time I could meet you out that way.

I ran Woodstock years ago...and have volunteered there. It is a hoot. I do like the Dances With Dirt, Hell that it in the same area right after. I prefer that one because they take you off trail, up river (while in the river and is just really fun running.

Xt: jealous of your snowfall. If itvis going to be winter, there should be lots of snow!

Qotd: loved listening to him...never went to one of his concerts. My only concerts ever were Gordon Lightfoot and John Denver. I am such a bore .

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Got up early and did 5 mi this morning.  It was 29 glorious degrees, crisp with a lot of stars.  I did see another runner which was a bit of a surprise.

qotd: A funny story.  Way way way back in the mid 80's DW and I were staying in a hotel in mid-town Manhattan while we were on home-leave from our Expat assignment in Korea. We were checking out of the hotel and I had gone around the corner to get the rental car.  I was driving up to the hotel kinda fast, screech to a stop, jump out, and yell to my DW and the doorman who was helping her with the bags, "I'll be right back - there's nothing wrong !!!" I proceeded to tear-ass off in the other direction and around the corner.  I run a half block and duck into a small deli, there's a  guy standing there in a black shirt. . . I said Ok, I'm here for the tickets. . .  he hands me two Springsteen tickets for the Jersey Meadowlands the following night.  The guy then says to me "how the hell did you get here so fast?" followed by "let's get the hell outta here quick".  The only time I ever I won anything from a radio station (WNEW in nyc by the way). I walked back to the hotel with this shit-eating grin on my face, my DW didn't know what to think. . . . but when I showed her the tickets. . . .

The concert was amazing, the seats were pretty good too!!!

tbd.